Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Germansimp posted:

- Japanese commentators want the VAR to expose Knife Pervert's cheating

I want VAR to expose Juice's cheating and give the title back to the deserving champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

I want VAR to expose Juice's cheating and give the title back to the deserving champion.

Nothing illegal about a rollup, motherfucker! :haw:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Uhhh... Cobb's not in the G1. You knew that, right? No-one that's not regular main roster NJPW is.

There's still time for Elgin to get buried in a cave and be replaced by an actual talented gaijin :colbert:

(yeah, I had forgotten that Cobb got ignored this year)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I don't think he was ignored so much as they're being cautious about his long term availability. Same reason he didn't win the belt last night, you don't want to hotshot anything onto him unless you're sure he won't be WWE-bound soon after

If Cobb's still involved with the company this time next year he's a safe bet for the G1. I just don't blame anyone for thinking that's a big "if" right now

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
JR and Josh did have a lot of embarrassing moments on commentary, but the one I'll defend is JR accidentally calling Yoh "Yoshi-hashi" in the opening 10 man. Yoh and Hashi's tights were pretty similar and they have kinda similar shaggy hairstyles, so from the back, in a wide shot, it's an understandable mistake. OTOH, they never mixed up the Jacksons, and those dudes are two interchangeable white men with long hair wearing identical gear. (I love the Bucks, but don't lie, it took you all about a year before you could tell them apart during matches)

e: On a different commentary note, it's scarily clear how little JR knows/cares about the talent because I don't think he called a single signature spot by name outside of the main event. Josh had to call all the finishers and big moves. (Did that happen in WWE? Did Lawler have to jump in and yell that "THAT'S THE WALLS OF JERICHO, JR!" and we all forgot about it?)

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jul 8, 2018

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

No that didn't happen. JR doesn't care or prepare for his job because he is old and tired.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

He needs to retire but never will.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

should have let rynge and logan-sama from the ceo event do commentary

probably less heel heat for jay white going after rynge mid-match though

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gaz-L posted:

Nothing illegal about a rollup, motherfucker! :haw:

He punched him with the cast. That's a DQ. Shameful behaviour from Juice, should join Suzukigun with such blatant disrespect for the rules

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Absolutely lost it at "Apparently there are building codes".

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

forkboy84 posted:

He punched him with the cast. That's a DQ. Shameful behaviour from Juice, should join Suzukigun with such blatant disrespect for the rules

Referee's discretion. Red Shoes' decision is final, and he didn't see no cast punch.

If a Juice punches a Switchblade with a cast and the ref doesn't see it, did it really happen

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Also the nut shot happened first. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

Remember when WWE made Tanga Loa a fake Mexican

Whoa, I didn't realize who that was.

• Locked thread