Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I hope the Lion's Gate show is a bunch of white dudes from the LA dojo in black boots and black trunks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bucks/Omega/Cody should all chip in and get Jim Johnston to compose a theme for the Elite

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
LIJ using the Magic Killer is dumb anyway.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Benne posted:

I hope the Lion's Gate show is a bunch of white dudes from the LA dojo in black boots and black trunks

And Shota is the final boss

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm so hyped for Juice/White

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Cody should've kept the blonde hair

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne posted:

Cody should've kept the blonde hair

He's going to be doing a TV show that wouldn't let him

Brandi didn't specify the show but I'm thinking he's going back to Arrow for an episode or two

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Naitooooooo~

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh man this is gonna be good

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

That mask rules

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Bushi's best mask

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That mask, holy gently caress.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Hahahaha the loving balloons

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I think losing the belt has finally broken Okada for good

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Okada got new music? :stare:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Still with the Balloons :lol:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
BALLOONS!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

The balloons are a strange choice

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Is Okada ok?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Benne posted:

I think losing the belt has finally broken Okada for good

BROTHER KENNETH! I KNEW YOU'D COME

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The baloons are really dumb but they feel like something Okada chose to do himself so actually they are good and I love them.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

VJeff posted:

Okada got new music? :stare:

Debuted it at the UK shows. I hate the balloons

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

The balloons are a strange choice

He needed a reason to cheer up after his title loss

Balloons and new music and new pants always do the trick

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Imagine almost ascending to immortal Godhood and then having your divinity stripped away from you at the last second?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okada also doesn't have Gedo here he may really be losing it

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I assume LIJ are the heels? First NJPW watching after checking out the Dominion matches after the MOTYC thread exploded. And Raw/WWE main roster continues to suck rear end.

ftwtom
Feb 7, 2001

Sounds like JR is getting sleepy.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Imagine almost ascending to immortal Godhood and then having your divinity stripped away from you at the last second?

Yeah, I'd get real into balloons too.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Did they turn up the volume on the crowd or was the loudest pop of the night for Naito not doing a dive?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Did they turn up the volume on the crowd or was the loudest pop of the night for Naito not doing a dive?

That's legitimately one of the things NJPW fans most look forward to seeing in a Naito match!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Dango Bango posted:

I assume LIJ are the heels? First NJPW watching after checking out the Dominion matches after the MOTYC thread exploded. And Raw/WWE main roster continues to suck rear end.

They're mostly face-leaning tweeners, but someone didn't give BUSHI the memo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Yeah Naito rules.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dango Bango posted:

LIJ does whatever the hell they want and everybody loves them anyway, that's their gimmick.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Dango Bango posted:

They move between face-tweeners and heels. They're all "punks" so even when they're working face they'll cheat and be disrespectful. NJPW is weird when it comes to alignment. Like, Okada is a white meat babyface but also a cocky dick. It works though.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Naito has an unbelievable amount of charisma.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Dango Bango posted:

LIJ are technically heels but they're super super over so they generally operate more as faces

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Okada doing the Ricky Steamboat crossbody :3:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
JR comparing Naito to Austin isn't far off. His gimmick taps into the same "gently caress the Man" feeling as Stone Cold.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Okada has gone mad and i'm here for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Okada got the Cow Palace crowd to chant Scooby Doo :stare:

• Locked thread