Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Cobalt-60 posted:

Knowing the anime industry, it probably is.

Come to think of it, did they ever mention or define "black" companies in the anime?

No, although my understanding is that the description is so ubiquitous in Japan that native audiences wouldn't really need it explained.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Spiritus Nox posted:

No, although my understanding is that the description is so ubiquitous in Japan that native audiences wouldn't really need it explained.

This is correct. It won a new word award in 2013, so it's been a part of the Japanese vocabulary for about 7 years now.

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008

GimmickMan posted:

there was a turn a gundam reference in neutrophil screaming BLACK HISTORY!? UNIVERSE! upon seeing his dark and sordid past as a young white blood cell, but it's not like the characters share VAs so it seems very random

I believe that was in the manga, as well as the whole acne bit being a fist of the north star reference.

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008
And episode 7 continues with Cancer Cell doing his best Kaworu/AKIRA impression, Memory T continuing being JoJo, and a straight up Attack on Titan reference.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Black joins the league of Isekai media!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
https://twitter.com/Anime/status/1387257783414833159?s=20

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

yesss

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I didn't notice it before, but it seems that Cells at Work and Code Black both ended recently.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

A new spin-off about... cats?

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2023-04-28/akane-shimizu-cells-at-work-gets-manga-spinoffs-about-cats-medicine/.197501

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Veterinary medicine is very important also can be quite interesting because of how their physiology diverges from human ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
hello, i'm watching the cells at work code black and I jus4t got to the erection episode and I can't stop laughing send help