Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Araki posted:

Between this, the terrible text placement for the educational blurbs, and the odd localization choices (let's leave kouhai untranslated, but find some really awkward English alternative for "-chan"), this show had one of the worst simulsubs this season.

Still a very pleasant and extremely watchable show though, I will absolutely watch a second season if they make one.

There's enough material in the manga right now to make half a season I believe. It's also a lot more continuous rather than stand-alone episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I could really go for a Black OVA.

Fruity20
Jul 28, 2018

Do you believe in magic, Tenno?

Pureauthor posted:

I could really go for a Black OVA.

i'm all for that

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Dr Hope has done another Cells at Work video reacting to episode 2.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dSqXAXurNrQ

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbwFa9ou8Uc

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Black Chapter 11 (new volume? sequel? not sure how to put it) just dropped.

The decaying stress filled body is now healthy! Well, healthy enough that arteries aren't clogged, and delivering oxygen is now a walk in the park. Healthy enough that the White Blood Cells are able to manage and handle the amounts of bacteria.

Healthy enough for the person to give a blood transfusion to a completely different trainwreck of a body...

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That is some Monkey Paw poo poo.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Pureauthor posted:

Black Chapter 11 (new volume? sequel? not sure how to put it) just dropped.

The decaying stress filled body is now healthy! Well, healthy enough that arteries aren't clogged, and delivering oxygen is now a walk in the park. Healthy enough that the White Blood Cells are able to manage and handle the amounts of bacteria.

Healthy enough for the person to give a blood transfusion to a completely different trainwreck of a body...

The sad thing is, that's the most noble thing that the Black body can do. Turn their life around then and give a blood donation to someone in a similar state of need. It just sucks for our main cast.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

And still no translations for the other chapters. Lame. I mean, I could read it myself, but :effort:

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Here's the translation for chapter 7 of BLACK

That's a pretty cool way to depict that antibiotic.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Drugs as 'mysterious' robots is so cool.

I can totally see Chemotherapy being depicted as this huge Terminator-like apocalypse as medicines ravage the body.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Imagine radiotherapy.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Imagine immunosupressants

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I am curious to see how hereditary illnesses and conditions might be presented.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Xelkelvos posted:

Imagine immunosupressants

Yeah, my girlfriend takes one to deal with a hereditary autoimmune disorder and I wonder how that would work in this. corrupt cop immune system beating up the body and then taken down by robo feds?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well, stress induced balding is represented by a T-Killer Cell going nuts and attacking the follicle cells. So I assume it would be something similar.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kyte posted:

Imagine radiotherapy.

That would be a malevolent doom aura appearing in a small section of a body as cancer and everything near it is cooked alive.

The aftermath could totally be drawn as looking like the aftermath of hiroshima or something to reference the damage caused by radiation.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Black chapter 8.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Animate Black and show it in health class.

The white blood cell hugbots though. :3:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I think I missed a chapter, which chapter was where that crazy looking T Killer Cell in the flashback showed up?

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

https://twitter.com/crunchyroll/status/1061038479327617024?s=21

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I think I missed a chapter, which chapter was where that crazy looking T Killer Cell in the flashback showed up?

chapter 5

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

That last panel...I think I know what that is. Built-up dumped junk and dead red blood cells - that might be the beginnings of a thrombus caused by atherosclerosis. Heart attack incoming.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Since it hasn't been mentioned here yet, there will be a new one-off episode coming December 26th. Also apparently a mobile game. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2018-11-18/cells-at-work-anime-gets-new-episode-on-december-26-game-app/.139665

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Comfy cells.

E: oh wow I had no idea Cells at Work & Girls Last Tour had the same composer. That guy does good work.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Kyte posted:

Comfy cells.

E: oh wow I had no idea Cells at Work & Girls Last Tour had the same composer. That guy does good work.

PSA: It's getting chilly, so gear up to avoid catching a cold.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Natural Killer cell is too hot blooded to need winter wear.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Totally a merch opportunity.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

speaking of merch

https://twitter.com/goodsmile_us/status/1066146634428383232

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Black chapter 9

Pollyanna posted:

That last panel...I think I know what that is. Built-up dumped junk and dead red blood cells - that might be the beginnings of a thrombus caused by atherosclerosis. Heart attack incoming.

That was a very good guess.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I

Is it over?

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Cells at Work! BLACK Vol II exists. So the story has to continue, somehow.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

It'll turn out that the man was an organ donor (unless that's not a thing in Japan) and the cells are taken along and put into a new body, one that's also dying.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Is actually worse.

They manage to save him from the heart attack and the scare is enough for the guy to clean up his act and become healthier but then he donates blood and Bobbie White Cell and the Red Cell MC are among those send to the other body. A body that is in worse condition.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This manga is very stupid

I like it

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
From cardiac arrest, the body has a *slim* (we're talking close to 1% for best possible outcome) chance of recovery assuming a bystander nearby knows how to do proper CPR and there's a portable defibrilator nearby. I don't have my numbers on hand but there's an under ten minute window we have to get oxygen back to the brain, with a sliding scale of positive outcome to lovely outcome depending on how fast intervention occurs. In the past twenty years we've made huge progress in saving people who'd otherwise be dead using hypothermia treatments and coronary interventions, but I don't want to spoil too much of what will probably happen.

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Is actually worse.

They manage to save him from the heart attack and the scare is enough for the guy to clean up his act and become healthier but then he donates blood and Bobbie White Cell and the Red Cell MC are among those send to the other body. A body that is in worse condition.

Argh! White blood cells are centrifuged out when giving blood! my immersion!

Nine of Eight fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Nov 26, 2018

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Nine of Eight posted:

Haha, yeah, what the gently caress.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Mraagvpeine posted:

It'll turn out that the man was an organ donor (unless that's not a thing in Japan) and the cells are taken along and put into a new body, one that's also dying.

Organ donation rates in Japan are relatively low due to cultural values around bodily integrity and strict laws requiring the consent of both the donor and their family, but it does happen.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Nine of Eight posted:

From cardiac arrest, the body has a *slim* (we're talking close to 1% for best possible outcome) chance of recovery assuming a bystander nearby knows how to do proper CPR and there's a portable defibrilator nearby. I don't have my numbers on hand but there's an under ten minute window we have to get oxygen back to the brain, with a sliding scale of positive outcome to lovely outcome depending on how fast intervention occurs. In the past twenty years we've made huge progress in saving people who'd otherwise be dead using hypothermia treatments and coronary interventions, but I don't want to spoil too much of what will probably happen.

Two things, full on cardiac arrest is pretty much fatal, but given the condition of that body, the body itself probably interpreted it as "yup, we're dead". That or I'm an idiot.

2nd: whole blood still has WBCs, double red donation does not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Honestly I'm having trouble imagining what a body that's meaningfully shittier than the one our characters already inhabit actually looks like, especially from a Blood Cell's perspective. Missing organs/limbs, maybe, but that just seems like our cells would see it as 'well it sucks like the last one but also it's smaller' mostly. ...Maybe a serious Cancer infestation?