Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

I just noticed Lancer-phil doesn't have her name on her hat and the hat isn't just a plain hat. Wonder if the fuzziness is based on anything like appearance or if it's just cuz its cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Is this a composite picture? The very scientific chart says Neutrophil should be twice as big as RBC. I don't know what to believe anymore.

Also it's really ridiculous how complicated our immune system is.

Captain Cappy fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Aug 19, 2018

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Based on some intense google research, I don't think Macrophages are as big as these memes suggest, except in the case that they're combining to eat something huge. They should be around ~20 micrometer. I also find it strange how varied different sources list the sizes of the different cells. Scientists need to get their acts together imo.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

OnimaruXLR posted:

This is picking at nits, but I kinda question the choice not to represent the accents of the transfused blood cells in the translation. I guess what happens is pretty obvious if you think for even a second, but I thought it was a cute touch that helps characterize biological processes, which uh,isn't that the whole thing this show is about?

But then again maybe not everyone grew up reading Claremont-era X-Men comics so maybe phonetic dialog freaks them out

They clearly talk differently than the native cells I think, even as a non-speaker.