Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Man, Black is depressing. Maybe it's because the visual style for the animes is noticeably different, as opposed to the mangas. "Suppress your feeling and keep working." I had a job like that, once.
Not even Big Titty Neutrophil helps.

Reading the Platelets manga...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
S2 is the antidote to Black. You go, funky little platelet.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Can't wait to see reaction videos to Black Ep 3.
Also, their ending theme is ridiculously catchy. No idea what they're singing (why does no one ever translate OP/ED?), but it's stuck in my head.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth

Mordaedil posted:

It is the point.

I feel like the subtitles on this show have kinda missed the point though, Black in the title refers to a Black Company, as in an industry that overworks it's employees, underpays them and generally operates on pyramid schemes and worse.

Yet it seems the subtitles tries to skirt around this obvious reference almost as if it's too on the nose or something.

Knowing the anime industry, it probably is.

Come to think of it, did they ever mention or define "black" companies in the anime?