Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
Pro-tip: crafting bandanas raises your armorsmithing quickly and when you hit different tiers of crafting quality the value of your bandanas soar. This is less monotonous than just mining a copper node. The main constraint is the supply of fabric, but if you HQ in Squinn you can have folks head out to nearby towns/waystations to buy them out each day.

Unfortunately the Vendor Table that lets you be a shopkeeper doesn't seem to be fully implemented yet. I read that the NPCs only have a paltry sum of money they walk around with and can't afford 99% of the items in the game.

The emergent gameplay in this game is incredible. I healed a United City Heroes Boss who lost his legs to a skimmer attack and moved on to do something else. This was a guy who was violently xenophobic against my hiver character. After bringing back some stuff to sell in town, I saw a body next to me so I moused over it to loot it. My cursor turned green. WTF?

Healing the guy saved his life and I guess that was enough to turn his faction positive to me, so he spent the rest of his life crawling after me on his stumps like a dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
As a newer player this game didn't really click for me until I realized that my "character" was actually my credits, tech level, and faction reputation. The people I hired were expendable, and as long as I could hire more, the game could still continue. Is there a way to keep someone parked in a bar in a safe city and have him automatically buy food from the barkeep to feed himself?