Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
I suggest researching the better mining buildings before starting a base, so you can see what the higher tier stuff requires, you can always build a lower tier building and upgrade it later.

You can keep a guy in town while the rest go off exploring, so if everyone else gets KO'd you still have one dude to save the day and drag everyone to a bed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
You can buy animals from Holy Nation farms and traveling nomads. There's also farm shops in cities sometimes that sells animals.

North of Stack is a good location for a base, there should be a spot with decent water iron and copper for resources, but there was constant bandit and bonedogs groups running around there last time I built a base there.

Keep in mind if your base is event remotely near a nation they'll send taxmen at you and demand 3k every week or so.

Basically anywhere you build a base you're going to have to deal with assholes unless you build it in the middle of nowhere.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Martial Arts is super sick and kicking off people's limbs owns bones.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
I remove all my hivers' baby limbs and give them big beefy robot limbs so they can be big and strong like my shek people.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
I don't think bonedog packs are a thing in the game.

Arven posted:

My go to move at the start of any new game is to scrounge up about 10k, then contract 3 groups of mercs/tech hunters and let them all sacrifice their lives clearing out the robot spiders from the ruins in the northwest swamp area of the map. You walk away with the gear of their fallen plus 150k+ cats worth of loot and ancient science books. It helps to have a couple squaddies with merchant packs to help carry stuff back.

Mine is to go lure a beak thing nest into the nearest hive village, then go back and take and sale all those eggs. Maybe steal a backpack from Squin if I need the space. Then pick up some plate armor and drifters pants and go to town on starving bandits.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
I've been doing that on the latest experimental versions and its been working fine.

Edit: Actually its more like the beak things are so loving aggro they'll attack everything and the hivers will defend their village en masse.

That Guy Bob fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Aug 16, 2018

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
I can never keep my bonedog puppers alive, some rear end in a top hat always shows up and runs my doggo over.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
If you're careful, sometimes you can lure a single npc away from their group with attack unprovoked. You have to be far away enough that the rest of their buddies don't come and help.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
I prefer the follow method myself else sometimes one of your dudes get in water somewhere and everyone is walking at 6 mph turtle speed. It gets even worse when a shek gets in water, they're even slower at swimming.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
By starving peasants he means your squad and now you got a bunch of elite samurai with 70+ attack charging at you and that douche bag with a sniper crossbow is still taking pot shots at you too.

Of course if you defend yourself its a crime and now you're wanted by the United Cities.

There are no good guys in Kenshi.

Edit: Wow Beak Things have @33 run speed in the latest experimental, they just got a lot more dangerous.

That Guy Bob fucked around with this message at 04:10 on Aug 25, 2018

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Is there anywhere I can go to train my 3 robo dudes that doesn't just have groups of 20+ enemies?

Random packs of goats and garru tend to be on the small side. You can always go beat up on turtles in the swamps, their attack animations are so slow and bad they might as well be standing still all the time. This is actually bad advice since the rest of the swamps will destroy you.

Sand Ninjas tend to be 3-5 in the United Cities desert area and sometimes you'll see a jounin wandering around by their lonesome. Crawlers can be found alone here too.

Broken robots and iron spiders are usually solo but they're in the Deadlands area. (robots only no fleshies allowed)

But if you're really desperate rarely you'll encounter two empire peasants walking around in empire lands with bounties so you can just beat them up for free.

The true cheese is to unprovoked attack a single person walking in a group and hoping the rest don't come and help their buddy.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
A single building with a cage(s) and a bed and everyone else on hold so they don't run in and beat up the training dummy. And of course locking the door.

Its kind of weird how Black Dragon Ninjas don't have squad spawns but they still raid you.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Nah acid rain hits all your body parts at the same time irregardless of your armor or clothing. So like if you're wearing 50% acid resist from all your gear you're still getting 50% of the effect on your entire body.

Best way "safe" way is to feed them to fogmen/animals or download the peeler mod.

Edit: Actually, running around barefoot on acid terrain will gently caress up your legs something fierce, maybe crawling around naked on the same terrain will strip your limbs?

That Guy Bob fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Aug 29, 2018

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
The thing is acid damage can't be healed with medics, the damage it does isn't red or treatable.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Weapons up to a certain rank yes, higher ranks require better weapon smithies which start to require steel bars, steel bars require raw iron to make but you can't build the steel furnace in doors without mods.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
You can try finding swamp turtles to cheese on but then you'll be in the swamps all by yourself.

My favorite cheese tactic though is to head out to somewhere with lots of fights, Mongrel or Bast and just beat up on the cripples crawling around on the ground. Just running up and kicking them for 2-5 damage at a time is hilarious.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009

CommissarMega posted:

EDIT: I've just got the idea of simply modding a start where I've got all the uniques (or at least the ones I want, to hell with Headshot and other slavers)- has anyone tried this? Will it break the game?

Woah woah woah whats wrong with Headshot? She's the best npc. Pair her up with another Shek and watch the salt flow.

If you make the mod right the uniques won't show up at all in their usual recruitment spots, if you do it wrong you can end up with multiple Beeps.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Once I get more than a few fighters I like to head to the Grey Desert area and farm cloud ninjas and bloodraiders for money/training. Cloud ninjas got good skills and high quality gear but their weapons suck and they have practically no armor on, bloodraiders usually have crap everything but their weapons sell for a decent amount.

Pretty much all the ninja gangs are easy fights.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
How many limbs have you lost to blood spiders?

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Gorillos remind me of the yeti from Skifree, just charging from out of nowhere and loving up your day.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Escaped from blood spiders only to get her arms ate by beak things.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
The limit for stats and skills is 100, but some skills take forever to level up. And yeah everyone can learn everything.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Buy all the bigger houses and kick all those dirty peasants into the streets.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Hell, get some bulls they're actually good fighters.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Yes, yes you can. I like to collect all the legendary critters and keep them in a viewing gallery.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Was it a noble's hunting group? Nobles like to hunt people at random outside of UC cities, and if other UC patrols are nearby they'll always jump in to "defend" the nobles.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009

sharkbomb posted:

How do you sell slaves? I carried a hungry bandit leader to a Holy Mine that had a slave shop. There was no dialogue options, and when I put the bandit in a cage nothing happened.

Holy Nation doesn't have "slaves" they have people who are destined for rebirth so they can become proper citizens in their next life. In other words, you can't sell people to the Holy Nation, only United Cities.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
I'm the naked pink hiver posing for the picture.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Gut is beautiful and full of things that want to eat you and people that want to enslave you.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009

Dareon posted:

So turns out mods for this game only work when connected to the internet. That's some serious jank.

That's all steam workshop, gotta copy the mods to your install folder for it to work offline.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
I wonder if we can cause the Empire's fall.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Give the clown his own faction and set it hostile to the player clown spawn option. Clown v Clown deathmatch in Clownsteady.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
You can get similar results by running around outside a waystation or dust bandit camp. But the blood spiders is probably better for shear numbers.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
:pusheen:

On a unrelated note, I delimbed Sadneil and now he has a rebooting time of 32,000.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
^wait, wtf drops AI cores as loot?

Ninja squad can break in and snatch all the goodies without alerting the kill spiders easy peasy lemon squeezy.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Lure them outside and have your mans 1v1 or get heavy armor for everyone and hope for the best. Or kite them with crossbows or run past them in stealth because gently caress fighting those things.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Crafters will auto store their creations if you give them the proper storage.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
My new favorite place to build is fishman island. 150 water for self watering farms, 120 fertility, 100 green and 50 swamp for crops and plenty of 100% stone and iron for resources. Only pain is finding the few scattered copper nodes and constant kungfu fishmen attacks.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
I wish you could stack boxes like that when you build stuff, without editor fuckery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
Can't wait for the Kenshi 2 epic store exclusive announcement.