Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
It's a pretty neat game from what I've played so far but I really wish they gave you some kind of beginner quests somewhere (or if they do that I knew where to find them), it's kinda daunting to have no real direction in a world where most encounters are made of like 10 dudes ready to beat your rear end from the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
At this point my main character is some skeleton I recruited named Thoke because he's the only one who hasn't died or spent several weeks lying in a bed while I try to find bandages. I've currently got him knocking out and disarming Black Dragon Genin that came and took over my outpost and also killed everything in The Hub. It's a slow process since the fuckers are so high level but it just means he's slowly becoming godlike.

Poor Hobbs and Inu didn't make it a week before dying to some hungry bandits that got the drop on me while grinding. Shame grinding at the ninja center isn't enough to make someone a match for a starving guy with a stick.

Shima Honnou fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jul 14, 2018

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I took a fresh character and got good at stealth and went into Skinner's Roam where I found a hungry bandit town, so I started knocking them all out in the middle of the night and looting their weapons and armor, chucking them to the ground so they will be unable to do much of anything in a fight. Then I found out that oops they're actually friendly and their queen is nice but I had already pissed off the faction enough that I had to brutally murder them all while they were effectively defenseless, thus becoming more powerful. Game good.

I hope they add a random start option it'd be cool to just plop in some nowhere spot in the world every time I want to play.