Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I just picked this up, are there any recommended quality of life mods? I'm gonna play it mostly vanilla until i have a handle on things but bug fixes and stuff like that would still be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Beep is the only good and pure thing on this world

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

VulgarandStupid posted:

Here’s what you need to know: get the crab armor

Time for crab

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
This is one of those games that makes me feel like a complete genius whenever I figure out a mechanic and also a complete loving moron for not figuring it out sooner

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Starting as a slave and turning slavers into a thin red mist via devastating kung fu is an excellent time

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
There's a mod that gives npcs more money and makes them more economically active (economy plus I think) as well as one that expands on store ownership. I'd link them but I'm on mobile and they're pretty easy to find on the workshop

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Expect to have to restart a few times until you've gotta a hang of things if you're anything like me

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Just enjoy the new friends

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

punk rebel ecks posted:

I was under the impression that the UC was in control via traders guild and the towns are nothing more than cities with a lot of guild money behind them.

Yeah, they seem less like an empire and more like a series of loosely connected city-states connected via a trade monopoly

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

moot the hopple posted:

I just love in the lore that one of the most dangerous/wanted groups in this world is a Kung Fu robot and his cadre of anti slavers.

It owns, keep punching those slavers into a fine red mist

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

I just love the sense of scale in this game,it reminds me of E.Y.E divine cybermancy where the world props are 500% bigger than they need to be.

I'm going to wear my enemies faces like a moron party mask, literally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Drunk in Space posted:

Despite the dated graphics, character models, textures etc, I still hold that Kenshi has some of the most amazing backgrounds and vistas I've ever seen in a game. There are newer AAA games that don't even come close to conveying 'epic landscape' like Kenshi does.

Yeah it has excellent cvisual design even if it's not as technically impressive