Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Had to put down my book stack for a moment.

Also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

TipsyMcStagger posted:

Day 4, 4 more hours.. Total played 16 hours:

Built my first L-House, 2 stone mines, 2 small wind powers, 1 large wind power, 1 electric stone refiner, 1 manual stone refiner, 1 manual iron plates maker, 1 electric well and 6 cactus XL farms (still not enough to keep food for 8 guys?!?! Farm and cooking skill still suck so that must be it)

Tried to get my food situation not reliant on buying from shops was my mission. Seems to be going ok. Keep getting raided by dust bandits and starving bandits while building and had to flee from dusts since thier guys are mid 20's skill level and my guys are between 5's to 25's in skills and attributes. I can now take on roughly 50% bigger group of starving bandits with no problems on my dudes now where I might get one knocked out.

Finished my base walls and went to bed.

Question: is there a way to transfer items from one far away food storage to another without manually having to do it?

I have over twice as many hours and not nearly as much progression.

Continue to teach me your ways.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I brought my 8 man gang over to the Crab People and they were not at all happy to meet me.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Using Reactive World Mod. I have kidnapped the 3 leaders of the Holy Nation. Flotsam has taken Blister. Shek have taken Stack. Bad Teeth remains with the Holy Nation. I emptied it once, but it's back up to 20 armed occupants after I left and checked back on it later that day.

I have turned the Cannibals into "Cannibal Remnants" I frequently empty their towns but I don't seem to be able to wipe them out.

I have a team of 10. I'm thinking it might be time to start a base. Where should I settle down? What should I definitely research before doing it? I think I have everything a rank 3 research bench gets me.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Azhais posted:

How strong are your 10 dudes and what's your goal? Obviously if you've cleared the holy nation you're probably doing pretty ok

Cleared? I kidnapped the leaders.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Cardiovorax posted:

Anywhere will do, just pick a place that gives you easy access to important stuff.

What's important stuff?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Easier said than done and why bother when you have a new hotness to work do new things on.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I'm going to try a new world with Living World rather than Reactive World, I think. Does anyone have any experience with the difference?

Here's my list of mods. Anyone passionate about mods I don't have or just notice I'm missing something important?

256 Recruitment Limit
Advanced training dummies
Animation Overhaul Mod - Crafting
Armor; Nomad Cape
Better Crop Fences
Copper Ore Drills
Crucifixion
Dark UI
Dialogue Expansion Project
Enhanced Shopping Economy
Expanded, Cannibals
Expanded, Hives
Expanded, Shrieking Bandits
Faction Caravans
Faster Bed Healing
Fixing Clipping Issues
Free the Hair
KenshICONS
Little Camp Mod
Living World
Loading Screens
Moisture Farming
More Names!
Nice Map [Zones + Zone names + Roads]
Race Blood
Recruitable Prisoners - with dialogue
Relatable Bandits
shops have more items +
Simple Camping Extras

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Cardiovorax posted:

I've posted this before, but here's a complete list of the mods I use:
code:
[]
I recommend all of these. Some are a bit redundant, like the multiple overlapping player slavery mods, but by and large this gets you a really big toolset of fun stuff to build, funner stuff to equip, and new things to do that you couldn't do before. Everything I want from the game, really.

I'm currently going through and picking up a few these. Some of them are pretty concerning in the comments about all the bugs and unintended behavior. Others aren't my cup of tea at all. Some I can't find because their file name doesn't match their displayed name. Regardless, I'm finding some gems and I appreciate you sharing!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I haven't had time to go through the list, so I'll probably ask for more clarifications later.

Which mods are these:

SWWWUUURRRDDDSSS.mod
RobLimbCraft.mod

I'm using steam workshop as my source of mods.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
It’s all good.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I made the game pretty easy mode by sneaking and kidnapping everyone important. Even the super secret final boss can be killed easily this way by doing so and then pulling out their CPU. I want to do less of that on the next playthrough I'm planning.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
As Queen of all Calradia, I’d have to agree with that. Can’t wait to do it again in Bannerlord.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You ARE the commander. It’s kind of the whole job.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Oh please edit any clarifications into the post. I bookmarked it for later.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Whoa. Speedy.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

artichoke posted:

My first game (400 days or so) I had a squad of only women + Beep because, Beep. They were the Bad Bitches and taking down the Holy Order was kind of special. Are the rest of your squads female or just the fighters?

All women and Beep. First two characters were enslaved in Rebirth. Most of my Faction was recruited out of Slavery or from Flotsam Ninjas.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I overused assassination on my first playthrough so my new playthrough I've decided to never use it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The game has a 30 unit max for your faction, so if you're using mods to raise the cap, you should use mods to create more ways to recruit.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Certainly nothing interesting. Like dragging the Bugmaster to Cat-Lon.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Using Living World mod.

Current state of the world.
-Holy Nation in defeated. Scattered remnants. Shek have taken over most of it. Flotsam took the Capital.
-Cannibal Capital back in the hand of Deadcat. Surrounding towns still owned by Cannibals.
-Reavers wiped out in Favor of Crab Raiders.

Plans:
-Defeat Southern Hive so they get replaced by Western Hive.
-Defeat Anti-Slavers and United Cities if reputation tanks as a result of that.
-???
-Ashlands

Trying to find more to do. I'm 200 hours in on Steam overall across a couple different saves and wish there was a little more structure and interesting interactions. But surely I have my money's worth.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I was just there with Beep yesterday and I didn't get that interaction. :(

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Dismantling a base.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I have captured Eyegore. Should I:

-Peel him to death.
-Give him to the anti-slavers to maximize relations with them.
-send him home without limbs.
-send him home with shoddy quality economy limbs.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Sent Eyegore packing with robot limbs. He came back with his original limbs. This is bullshit.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hmm. I have a collection of nobles, but I'm missing Lord Yoshinaga of Heng.

Heng still belongs to UC, but half the buildings are in ruins. World State Checker says Yoshinaga is alive... not sure where to find him.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Taking out the trash.

Emperor Tengu watches from a cage on the left.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Nov 8, 2019

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I enjoyed that.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
As I recall, disguises work against allies of the faction you’re disguised as but not against the emulated faction.

I don’t believe stealth comes into play.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I think Kenshi 1 is fine as is and I'd rather he focused on the next game.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hell yeah!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
200+ hours of play. Never paid taxes. :black101:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Stealth may be easy but it's a lot of micromanage. When you actually have a lot of units and are going army vs army, the stealth game isn't important and it just becomes a niche use unit in your wars.

I wish this game felt more like Mount & Blade where the game has a fully fleshed out way of conquering the world and turning it into your empire. I know you can take over some towns but it just isn't the same as designating a leader and specifically declaring war on and taking over any settlement/faction you want and having them be able to intelligently resist and follow their own goals.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
There's so many If/Then functions for how the owner of a settlement works that I'm surprised a mod can play with it without breaking everything. and in my experience, they do.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You can do it with all melee pretty comfortably if you spread around it.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Redundant posted:

Now I have broken the back of the cannibals I am thinking about starting another game and trying to build a settlement and destroy the holy empire. I was wondering if there were any mods that really stand out.

Here's a bunch of mods I used. Don't blindly add things. Read things through. Some things I posted are not compatible with some things McSlaughter posted. Living World, Reactive World, and Genesis seem like huge sweeping changes that would not be compatible with each other.

Quality of Life
256 Recruitment Limit
Faster Bed Healing
Copper Ore Drills
shops have more items +
Minor Faction Pacifiers
More Plastic Surgeons
Recruitable Prisoners - with dialogue

More Options
Peeler Machine
Storage Plus
Expanded Craftable Weapons v2.1
Animal Traders
Moisture Farming
Rations & More
Defensive Gates 10x HP & 2x gate repair speed.
Little Camp Mod
Simple Camping Extras

Pretty poo poo Up
Dark UI
Nice Map [Zones + Zone names + Roads]
Animation Overhaul Mod - Crafting
Better Crop Fences
Race Blood
Interior (and Exterior) Design
KenshICONS
Loading Screens
Crucifixion

More Exciting World
Living World
Enhanced Shopping Economy
Taxman/Tribute/Prayer Relations+
Cannibals Expanded
Shrieking Bandits Expanded
Hives Expanded
Faction Caravans
Dialogue Expansion Project
Let's Talk
More Names!
Relatable Bandits

Dummies (cheaty, but gently caress it)
Advanced training dummies
Sparring Mats - Basic Training for Melee Defense & Martial Arts
Weight Bench - Strength Training
Wooden Dexterity Training Dummy (Animated)

Fix Broken poo poo
World State Checker
No Cut Efficiency
Fixing Clipping Issues
Free the Hair

From Babe Magnet:
just in case you weren't aware I actually made NCE patches for Hivers/Shrieking/Cannibals:

Shrieking Bandits
Cannibal
Hives

Zesty fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jun 10, 2020

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
First thing you want to do is make just enough money for a house to build a research bench in.

Then research research research everything you possibly can. "Find" books wherever you can. I like going sneaking around and looting the floodlands for my initial startup cash.

Then build a base with access to copper, iron, and stone. Water and fertile land is helpful too, but you can grab a moisture farming mod worst case.

Then the game becomes a settlement management game while you control an exploration/scouting team... and then eventually you're raising a small army to conquer whatever you see fit.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

i am harry posted:

So I finally bought this on sale and things are going well so far, except that it won’t run properly in full screen mode: after robbing flour and alcohol from the only house in the town, I sold them and bought a house and then while repairing it noticed a bunch of blood on a hill outside town. All but two of a group of hungry bandits died to some bone dogs. The survivors were both crippled and dragging themselves feebly around... so I looted a horse chopper from the dead leaders corpse and hacked them to death :shobon:

They had families.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Yeah mining rocks is the pits. Don't do that to start your experience. That's something you get peons to do when you have a self-sustaining base going.