Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

horse chopper? whats a horse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Kenshi but Valheim would probably be a very fun game.

Does Kenshi 2 have the same gameplay as 1? I haven't really been following development but with the change to the engine I could see them moving to more action-y combat and allowing direct control of a character like Mount&Blade or Starsector

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

FrickenMoron posted:

I wish people would recommend Squin as "the" newbie town to be. Squin is terrible. The only advantage it has is it's near the starting location of the wanderer start. Squin lacks shops and has a terribly unstable power issue.

be nice to newbie

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Azhais posted:

If it didn't result in a death trap for children it went better than most

hey I like that band

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Zore posted:

I mean there is a lot of stuff that ticks similar boxes like Mount and Blade, Dwarf Fortress or Rimworld :shrug:. They obviously all play incredibly differently but at their core are games about playing in an RPG sandbox to greater or lesser degrees.

the Mount & Blade/Starsector formula seems so simple and so successful, I'm surprised no big money developer has tried it. Bannerlord's popularity is comparable to the Total War:Warhammer games despite coming from a much smaller studio and lacking a big name IP