Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalion
Jul 23, 2004

:gifttank:
Panzer vor!
For the most part the early game is about making money, hiring some companions then beating up bandits and taking their stuff and selling it.

The easiest way to make money is to steal stuff from cities and sell it. Note that the bartender in the Hub will buy anything regardless of whether or not it's stolen so that's a pretty good place to offload some stolen loot. Otherwise you just need to sell the stolen goods to a different faction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalion
Jul 23, 2004

:gifttank:
Panzer vor!

buglord posted:

any mods I can install mid-save that reduce the near vertical progression system? Its taking a while for my poor guys to become bulky death machines, and I feel like should be making more by selling copper. Not sure when I am safe to start a settlement. Last time I tried, everyone and their mother came to bother me and sack me.

You can install most mod's mid save and you can just import your save if needed. There are several XP mods available, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=801086218 for instance is a 5x xp gain mod. Also building a base is not recommended until you have around 10 recruits with decent (30~) combat skills so that you can actually defend your base.