Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Banana Papers were state secrets and they just left them on the desk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Ice. Cream.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

State secrets are small potatoes compared to addressing the important issue of your foreign friend's BO.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

that episode slayed me i'm dead now

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
This really deserves more attention than it's getting, even if it slips up every now and then. That Agrippa sketch was very good and the ending segments are powerful.

Drutten
Mar 30, 2011
Sure, Fantomas only scribbled on the paper during the math bit of the training montage, but that's still pretty impressive for a beetle in my opinion. And now he's been forced into a life of crime. There's a lot of potential there.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I want Stag Beetle to team up with Maeda and do something awesome now :allears:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

This really deserves more attention than it's getting, even if it slips up every now and then. That Agrippa sketch was very good and the ending segments are powerful.
I think that people in this sub-forum are actually paying a lot of attention. I read somewhere in reddit that Gigguk and a couple of other AniTubers who are not Super Eyepatch Wolf (and as such, I could care less about them) called it "discount/ripoff Nichijou". Which is stupid and reductive in a new way.

But yeah, show rules.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This show is nothing like Nichijou at all.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, with this, I'm laughing like 90% of the time.

The other 10% I regret a little bit that I laughed.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Mill Village posted:

This show is nothing like Nichijou at all.

Yeah this show is actually good most of the time, unlike Nichijou.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

This show is more like "next level Mitsuboshi Colors" than it is Nichijou.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"

Super Jay Mann posted:

Stag Beetle for best character.

HE HAS A NAME!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Fantomas* for best character.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xht6qmbYRD8

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
Any chance there's a translation of the ED somewhere?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

also dammit now i can't stop noticing how olivia's hair keeps changing. long curly, long straight, ponytail going down, ponytail going up, double braids across the chest, double ponytails... there's more i know it

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Aug 22, 2018

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

How does this show keep getting better every week?

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
I nearly died when Kasumi delivered the butt slap

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
I was worried when I saw there would be a segment that would take up half the episode, but no, it was actually the best possible one to do so and deserves a sequel.

Also, I want to download Bacteria Go irl even though it would probably turn me into Howard Hughes.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This show owns so much

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
I think this is probably the most amusing show I've seen since KonoSuba.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I think the show might be best advised to be taken one episode at a time. I'm taking them all in one after another, and it just kinda blends into the VAs screaming and creepy wild takes.

Honda getting owned will never not be good. THOSE SLUTS

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

As far as I know they're all rookie VAs (except Kasumi maybe) and they're going all out. Especially Honda's VA. How do you keep your throat from aching after these sections? Wow.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Negrostrike posted:

As far as I know they're all rookie VAs (except Kasumi maybe) and they're going all out. Especially Honda's VA. How do you keep your throat from aching after these sections? Wow.
Cough drops and room-temperature beverages, mostly. And usually this needs to be done ASAP, because recording schedules can get super problematic outside of like the first 2 episodes unless we're talking studios like Kyoto Animation or schedule has been planned for a while. Which usually it isn't. (Source: Used to do engineering for dubbing sessions).

Also I'm guessing that all three of them mostly did what Kaito Ishikawa (Genos in One Punch Man, Iida in My Hero Academia, among others) once described as "Mob Work", which is just voicing "Girl A", "Student B" and stuff like that.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Negrostrike posted:

Yeah Hanako Is doing an amazing performance. Hope she ends up with more leading roles after this

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

how to throw your friend under the loving bus 101

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

It speaks to the quality of the show that you can see part of the brick joke coming but it happens so fast that the second part catches you by surprise.

oh god I didnt see the doll coming though

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Sep 2, 2018

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
okay that was probably my favorite episode

also i learned what lincos is

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I can't decide between Fantomas and Olivia-bot for which one is the best character.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Fantomas is ripped, holy moly.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

This sequence :discourse:

2 minutes earlier, at the beginning of the skit:

Black Mage Knight
Jan 25, 2012

stop biting my cape
I feel like Olivia thanks to being in contact with Hanako might be actually improving as a person surprisingly enough. Kasumi meanwhile is definitely getting worse. Admittedly Olivia's seeming improvements might just be a result of Hanako being The Worst and thus making those around her look better.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

AnacondaHL posted:

This sequence :discourse:

I also appreciated Hanako getting smitten with (her image of) Olivia's brother complete with cute heart thumping in her chest that's drawn exactly like an actual heart except with a moe anime face on it

It's the little things :allears:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

that sugoroku game was straight from hell and I laughed the whole time

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i'm surprised they got someone with such clear english elocution to voice the doll. props to this anime filled with awful people for taking pride in their work.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Another entry in the genre of bizarre anime OP/ED mashups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i enjoyed the aussie surfer accent

• Locked thread