Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ugh, car merch culture but instead of a dude with dodge keychains and hats talking about how much he does with his truck it's some rear end in a top hat with tesla ones talking about fake money schemes and how his truck will exist one day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

doge RAM

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the article i saw about the cybertruck delivery date disappearing had a commenter in the #1 spot saying "well it's because both the truck and the semi use the same batteries, so obviously they are using them all for the semi which is starting delivery this month"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

shrödinger’s goalposts

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

shrödinger’s goalposts

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

qirex posted:

shrödinger’s goalposts

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Sagebrush posted:

the article i saw about the cybertruck delivery date disappearing had a commenter in the #1 spot saying "well it's because both the truck and the semi use the same batteries, so obviously they are using them all for the semi which is starting delivery this month"

it's great that "the batteries don't exist" doesn't occur to them

despite tesla's habit of selling products that literally do not exist, every time a new one comes out they have to give it the benefit of the doubt

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
im seeing 2023 for the semi on wikipedia. it was supposed to be 2020. bet it will slip again

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
but hey, they can do self-driving semis in a platoon configuration NOW!*

*2017 lmao

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Chris Knight posted:

but hey, they can do self-driving semis in a platoon configuration NOW!*

*2017 lmao

well that only works if there are no other vehicles in the way, and the only way that would happen is if they had their own lane physically separated from the rest of the road...ah gently caress I'm describing a train again.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

YOLOsubmarine posted:

This is two years running they’ve had issues with heatpumps failing and they’ve issued multiple firmware versions that are supposed to fix the issue but haven’t, so there’s probably a mechanical issue with the design and they’re trying to paper over it with firmware to avoid eating the cost of r placing parts in all of the affected vehicles.

In my experience the mechanical engineers and managers always try to fix things in software instead of getting to the root cause.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

in fairness "make someone else take responsibility for your problem" should be everyone's first tactic when confronted with a thorny issue. the root cause here is software engineering not having the juice to effectively push back

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

filthy regex posted:

i had to loving google that tweet to see if it was real. i thought that something that idiotic must have been a fake image. oh it's real folks. it's real.

I don't think it's even the first time he's tweeted that exact catchphrase either.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

qirex posted:

shrödinger’s goalposts

bold to claim it'll come to market in under 18 years

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

so let's say they do release the semi. musk is 100% going to put fsd in it and i just realized the inevitable crashes are going to be so much worse than what we've been seeing so far

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Lead out in cuffs posted:

I don't think it's even the first time he's tweeted that exact catchphrase either.

yeah i'm getting deja vu from that. hasn't that been his go to for a while now?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PIZZA.BAT posted:

so let's say they do release the semi. musk is 100% going to put fsd in it and i just realized the inevitable crashes are going to be so much worse than what we've been seeing so far

You do not gently caress with trucking companies or teamsters. Nooooope. aint happening. They will special order versions without it, or they will not order them.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yeah, i thought the whole idea was they were going to sell direct to the logistics providers so they could cut out the drivers. naturally they can't, because FSD doesn't work, and so the product has no market

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the only possible angle is to sell to companies like walmart that run their own logistics, but then all the truckers with actual skills and work ethic go work elsewhere, and you have the literal worst drivers on the planet as your candidate pool, and you certainly can't risk giving them FSD trucks

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

https://twitter.com/NY_ACTIONS/status/1482057835332747270?s=20
https://twitter.com/NY_ACTIONS/status/1482058601288114180?s=20

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
"by an control car"

well, good to know it wasn't out of control :v:

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

Full Shop Demolition mode once again falls short of doing what it claims.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

quote:

It’s been a big week for Taco Bell fans who don’t want to admit they’re Taco Bell fans. Just days after announcing a first-of-its-kind taco subscription service, EV charging startup ChargeNet has announced plans to bring a comprehensive charging solution to one of the restaurant’s south San Francisco locations later this month.

ChargeNet bills itself as a software startup that brings together EV fast chargers, on-site battery storage, solar power, and a payment platform in a footprint that’s designed to be “dropped” into existing fast-food restaurant parking lots. Once up and running, the company claims customers will be able to add about 100 miles of driving range in about 15 minutes, and for under $10.
charge mas

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

has anyone browsed around https://www.reddit.com/r/RealTesla/? it's pretty depressing. people who are 95% along the way to getting it.

they think tesla service is awful, build quality stinks, elon and the company are lying about everything, the competition has better features and yet they're still buying the cars. i thought it was just a bad news aggregator like this thread but then there are posts like this: https://www.reddit.com/r/RealTesla/comments/s1j80j/the_honeymoon_is_over/

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

the thread of guy whose model 3 performance edition or whatever it's called coming with only three out of four brake pads installed at the factory is loving amazing

doubly so because someone who used to work at the fremont tesla plant pops in to say "yeah I've seen that at the factory before, it happens sometimes". people in the comments are talking about how "someone" should tell the NHTSA lol

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Kazinsal posted:

the thread of guy whose model 3 performance edition or whatever it's called coming with only three out of four brake pads installed at the factory is loving amazing

jesus christ

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lmao

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
Never have to change the brakes if you don't install them to begin with

mystes
May 31, 2006

https://archive.fo/slotB

Elon Musk’s Tesla Asked Law Firm to Fire Associate Hired From SEC

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

mystes posted:

https://archive.fo/slotB

Elon Musk’s Tesla Asked Law Firm to Fire Associate Hired From SEC

that's the opposite of what you should do, elong

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FrozenVent posted:

that's the opposite of what you should do, elong

why? the sec loving loves tesla

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/tori1994_/status/1481842133900447744

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

elon fiveemeralds

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

ecce bozo

mystes
May 31, 2006

This person's story has probably already been posted but lol

https://www.thedrive.com/news/43876/tesla-model-3-owner-discovers-car-was-delivered-missing-a-brake-pad

After all this I can't believe that she's "conflicted" about whether to keep the car. Like no, you should definitely just return it at that point.

mystes fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 17, 2022

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
just elon's policy of no brakes until the cars are finished

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
All brake inputs are user error

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I mean you got four whole wheels, you want brakes on those things as well? All of them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
dont worry, we're going to eliminate the need for braking in software