Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

i like the yt video's title "train almost hits my tesla!" - i guess it wouldnt get as many clicks as "beta software almost kills me" or something.

also complete with standard jackass yt thumbnail. haven't watched the video but i am guessing it's going to be mostly jerking off about how great fsd is and handwaving away the part where his car tried to kill him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

tlesa: my ride was $3000 on Craigslist and theirs was $80,000 on mtgox

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
what’s mtgox stand for again?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

FrozenVent posted:

Magic the Gathering Online eXchange.

Not an online exchange for MtG cards, an exchange for MtG:O virtual cards.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the model x is the dumbest tesla and that’s saying a lot

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

gschmidl posted:

Magic the Gathering Online eXchange.

Not an online exchange for MtG cards, an exchange for MtG:O virtual cards.

as I recall they dropped the plan for doing an mtgo card exchange before launching because the idea of bitcoin graft was infinitely more lucrative

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull

Wild EEPROM posted:

the model x is the dumbest tesla and that’s saying a lot

have you ever been inside a model 3

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i'm still eagerly awaiting the day a fire breaks out in one of the vegas tesla tubes. c'mon 4th of july fireworks

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Kazinsal posted:

as I recall they dropped the plan for doing an mtgo card exchange before launching because the idea of bitcoin graft was infinitely more lucrative

while that wasn't exactly wrong, very few actual magic: the gathering: online trading platforms ended up in arrests for fraud and embezzlement over hundreds of millions of missing dollars

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

BobHoward posted:

have you ever been inside a model 3

it’s a tough call

the model x is dumb because of how the rear doors open

the model 3 is dumb because of how the rear doors won’t open when the car catches on fire

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Gorman Thomas posted:

Those long rear end pants/1.5 inch heels are 100% a personal style choice lol

it's definitely a choice as part of the attempt to keep up the illusion that he's 6'2" rather than the 5'10" to 5'11" he really is.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The Model Y has suicide rear seats so that's the dumbest.

Also, for fun news, an extremely Musky Tesla owner got forumbanned from AI because they couldn't shut up about how they circumvented the driver safety poo poo in their Tesla lol.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 3, 2022

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I honestly thought that dude was just trolling because he came in from out of nowhere to talk about how he puts ankle weights on the steering wheel so he can read his phone in traffic but I guess he wasn’t because as soon as his probe was up or whatever he came back to complain about the SA nanny state

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

upsidedown posted:

it’s a tough call

the model x is dumb because of how the rear doors open

the model 3 is dumb because of how the rear doors won’t open when the car catches on fire

tbf the model x's dumb rear doors only technically open when the car catches on fire. you have to be able to lift like 80 lbs overhead from a seated position

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

I wanted to see how bad that cybertruck mega blocks kit was and the first video review I clicked on started with a dude saying, "well the kit is really bad and I have a lot of problems with the construction of it, but that doesn't reflect on my opinion of tesla, the real cybertruck, space x, or dogecoin, all of which are very real cool things I'm a fan of."

An actual "love the car though".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Egcj0IvRw0

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

what do you want to bet Lego turned the idea down and they had to go to mega blocks as a backup

Manzoon
Oct 12, 2005

ALPHASTRIKE!!!

I don't know the actual intricacies of licensed Lego products, my guess is that Tesla was just too cheap to spring for actual Lego and weren't really big enough to demand a licensing fee from them and just went with mega blocks which seems to have a lot of weird videogame branded sets and junk like that.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

mega bloks is the pepsi to lego's coke.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Midjack posted:

more like rc cola

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

what do you want to bet Lego turned the idea down and they had to go to mega blocks as a backup

No bet. Or they tossed it at mega blocks because they were insanely cheaper and didn't take as much profit

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

FMguru posted:

more like rc cola

The 'rc' is for 'racist'

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Lol later in the comments the OP (not his video) says that FSD doesn’t understand object permanence. Which… would make sense as to why FSD acts like a baby being excited about peekaboo.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

FlapYoJacks posted:

Lol later in the comments the OP (not his video) says that FSD doesn’t understand object permanence. Which… would make sense as to why FSD acts like a baby being excited about peekaboo.

children are attracted to fire trucks as well

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

quote:

A reply:

the door alignment and gaps are horrid.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

:effort:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://satellitehigh.bandcamp.com

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
had a rideshare driver pick me up in a tesla for the first time and lol i never realized how comically un-ergonomic those door handles are unless you already know how they work

truly captains of industrial design

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

gschmidl posted:

The 'rc' is for 'racist'

more like maga bloks

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

FilthyImp posted:

The Model Y has suicide rear seats so that's the dumbest.

Also, for fun news, an extremely Musky Tesla owner got forumbanned from AI because they couldn't shut up about how they circumvented the driver safety poo poo in their Tesla lol.

Model Y is also $66k vs $50k for the Model 3 LR AWD which is the same car just with a trunk and better efficiency, range & performance.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

*Lego looks around at their actual car brand sets*

"We'll pass."

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Midjack posted:

have they improved or something? i was trying to think of some off-brand to compare to what i remember seeing as a kid, but i keep just coming up with "vintage pre-war dollar store carbonated carcinogen slurry drink"

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Beeftweeter posted:

have they improved or something? i was trying to think of some off-brand to compare to what i remember seeing as a kid, but i keep just coming up with "vintage pre-war dollar store carbonated carcinogen slurry drink"

yeah they’ve improved, they’re still far from Lego though

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
I had a megablocks stealth bomber set I got as a kid for Christmas. It was impressive how bad the set was. Pieces that just wouldn't hold together. Made me wonder if my parents secretly hated me.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the fact that tesla toys are available in megablox and not legos is a pretty good allegory for tesla as a whole i think

Criss-cross
Jun 14, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

FlapYoJacks posted:

AI algorithms in general don't have object permanence. It's why all those AI generated texts are such nonsense.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FrozenVent posted:

mount gocks

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Criss-cross posted:

AI algorithms in general don't have object permanence. It's why all those AI generated texts are such nonsense.

I wouldn’t quite say that, but “object permanence” works very differently in ML algorithms from how you might intuitively think

not relevant here though - Tesla is analyzing each frame by itself with not contribution from previous frames.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

FrozenVent posted:

men thanking god or christ, they're a religious cult

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

I wouldn’t quite say that, but “object permanence” works very differently in ML algorithms from how you might intuitively think

not relevant here though - Tesla is analyzing each frame by itself with not contribution from previous frames.

which seems dumb because if you detect a bus somewhere, it doesn’t just disappear in the next camera update cycle. it’s still somewhere. at least until you drive the length of the car at a minimum.

the only way that no object permanence makes sense is if you’re getting a ton of false positives and your virtual roadway would load up with vehicles that aren’t actually there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

which seems dumb because if you detect a bus somewhere, it doesn’t just disappear in the next camera update cycle. it’s still somewhere. at least until you drive the length of the car at a minimum.

the only way that no object permanence makes sense is if you’re getting a ton of false positives and your virtual roadway would load up with vehicles that aren’t actually there.

:hmmyes: you are, in fact, describing Autopilol.