Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

humans have more than two eyes

huge if true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Jonny 290 posted:

first musk was the disrupt-the-(((bankers))) nazi, then he became the rocket nazi, then he became the propaganda nazi, now he's the hosed up science experiment nazi. which nazi will he take the form of next

my friend that's just a regular nazi

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

the whole 'but humans have two eyes so cars only need two!' is also let down by the fact that most people are terrible drivers and near me, almost every inanimate object on the roadside has been dented or flattened by somebody driving into it

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

the whole 'but humans have two eyes so cars only need two!' is also let down by the fact that most people are terrible drivers and near me, almost every inanimate object on the roadside has been dented or flattened by somebody driving into it

I take it you’ve never been blinded by a light bar attached to a truck while tailgating you lol

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I take it you’ve never been blinded by a light bar attached to a truck while tailgating you lol

I've been blinded on foot by SUVs driving round with their beams on.

kids these days :cloud:

e: and Tesla's as well ofc

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i can't tell if eyesight/contrast prescription is just getting shittier as i age, or if headlights are just weird and worse now. i hate driving at night because half the headlights look like they're flashing at me :mad:

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Gnossiennes posted:

i can't tell if eyesight/contrast prescription is just getting shittier as i age, or if headlights are just weird and worse now. i hate driving at night because half the headlights look like they're flashing at me :mad:

They’re either brighter or there’s a bunch of people that never dim their brights.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

here in the south lifted pickup trucks love dazzling drivers in front of them

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

wrapped up ‘round a pole
another Tesla ran a light

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Gnossiennes posted:

people leave their high beams on 24/7

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

i can't believe that Musk is still responding to Kanye and hasn't deleted it yet

Twitter is never going to get those advertisers back

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Gnossiennes posted:

headlights are brighter now

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Gnossiennes posted:

you have astigmatism. I don't really have issues with clarity/detail during the day but night driving got so annoying I finally just got glasses to deal with it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

good god just say it musk. say heil hitler

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

meeting up with Tim Cook and then going home to pal around with the right's dumbest all-stars is a big lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Gnossiennes posted:

if you have contacts try toric lenses

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

well why not posted:

meeting up with Tim Cook and then going home to pal around with the right's dumbest all-stars is a big lol

worked for trump

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i have mild astigmatism, and have worn glasses since kindergarten. i can't remember if my current glasses have astigmatism correction or not, but when i've worn contacts, they've been torics.

the issue isn't necessarily the brightness or rays (don't get me wrong tho, poo poo is way too loving bright), but more that the headlights look like they're flashing, but i think it's just them looking like they're dimming anytime the angle changes because of any slight dip in the road.

it might also be my prius being a little low to the ground, but god some cars, trucks and SUVs especially, if they're behind me, shine directly into my car and it's so loving hard to see. and ofc they just love to follow as close as possible

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
oohh, you might be talking about the auto-leveling lights

all of my cars have been pretty low to the ground and yeah headlights are a menace

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Beeftweeter posted:

oohh, you might be talking about the auto-leveling lights

all of my cars have been pretty low to the ground and yeah headlights are a menace

That’s my issue. my car is already low to the ground, but it’s also a hatchback so the back window is huge, and most people don’t drive cars anymore so the headlights are right in my back window.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Kafouille posted:

I mean gently caress slicing your finger to the bone so you can shove a magnet in there is literally safer, less useless and way more cyberpunk than that loving thing. Weird masochists who do self-surgery in on their kitchen table and implant spikes on their dicks for fun have had a better novel brain interface than you for 15 years, Elon.

Semi-unrelated, but I know Dangerous Things has been selling consumer-level implants like this for years now. I kinda wanna get the magnet and a couple of the NFC/RFID implants, tbh.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Luigi Thirty posted:

he wants to so bad

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

TheMightyBoops posted:

That’s my issue. my car is already low to the ground, but it’s also a hatchback so the back window is huge, and most people don’t drive cars anymore so the headlights are right in my back window.

yep, i've had two minis and drove a friend's gti a bunch (plus the s3 was small and low too), it loving sucks. i already hated suvs but that sealed it lol

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Neito posted:

Semi-unrelated, but I know Dangerous Things has been selling consumer-level implants like this for years now. I kinda wanna get the magnet and a couple of the NFC/RFID implants, tbh.

some of them are cool, i've thought about the magnets before

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Gnossiennes posted:

i have mild astigmatism, and have worn glasses since kindergarten. i can't remember if my current glasses have astigmatism correction or not, but when i've worn contacts, they've been torics.

the issue isn't necessarily the brightness or rays (don't get me wrong tho, poo poo is way too loving bright), but more that the headlights look like they're flashing, but i think it's just them looking like they're dimming anytime the angle changes because of any slight dip in the road.

it might also be my prius being a little low to the ground, but god some cars, trucks and SUVs especially, if they're behind me, shine directly into my car and it's so loving hard to see. and ofc they just love to follow as close as possible

yeah headlights have a cutoff line and if you're in a low car you're closer to that cutoff line and going above/below it more. as a miata driver i am v familiar with the effect and it sucks.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i don't think he'd say "heil hitler", but i could see something like

ian miles cheong: hitler had some good ideas
musk: Accurate

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Gnossiennes posted:

Reflector headlights have a fairly blurry edge to the beam, it kind of fades out as you get out of the primary beam area.

Projector headlights, which almost every OEM HID or LED system or properly done conversion uses, have a physical barrier creating a sharp cutoff at the top of the beam. This means when you're far away from one and they go over a bump in the distance you'll see a pronounced flickering effect as the beam shakes and you go in and out of it.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Beeftweeter posted:

musk: take my upvote you glorious bastard. the narwhale bacons at midnight

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

Beeftweeter posted:

musk: Accurate

what’s heil hitler in afrikaans? heel heetler?

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

yeah as a co-prius driver i see that often. the big suvs with the super-bright lights are a menace, someone really needs to cap how bright those things are.

the worst is when insane people tailgate me and flash their brights at me. i usually slow down some when that happens.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

no i think musk would just post a twitter poll.

did hitler have good ideas
yes 80%
no 20%

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Improbable Lobster posted:

he wants to so bad

at some point his two "jokes" 420 and 69 are going to become 14 and 88

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/parler_app/status/1598422341553364993

lol

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

i have had to pull over and let the truck behind me pass because of how bright their headlights were.

it’s awful.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
boeral hogs

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Eeyo posted:

no i think musk would just post a twitter poll.

did hitler have good ideas
yes 8088%
no 12%

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

bold to believe he wouldn't break the calculation to make it 88% vs 14%

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

seems desperate

quote:

Twitter offered advertisers incentives as generous as matching their ad spending, according to a company email to ad agencies viewed by The Wall Street Journal.

Twitter is facing pressure to lure back brands that quit the platform or reduced their spending since Mr. Musk acquired the company in late October. Advertisers have expressed concerns about Mr. Musk’s approach to content moderation and account suspensions, among other issues.

Under the new Twitter plan, advertisers who book at least $500,000 in incremental spending will qualify to have their spending matched with a “100% value add,” up to a $1 million cap, according to the email the Journal viewed. Smaller amounts of spending would qualify for a lower matching amount.

This offer is valid for advertising that runs before the end of the year, according to the people familiar with the matter.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
musk running twitter like a Payless Shoes offering BOGO on ads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/AkivaMCohen/status/1598487532764798983

quote:

Look, you have time to avoid all this. You can still choose to keep your word, and Twitter's, and pay your ex-employees what you owe them. ...
Or you can double down on breaking your word and screwing over your ex-employees as they head into the holidays. If so, deposing you will be a joy, and you should be aware that Washington law, among others that will apply, will allow us to obtain an award against you, personally, and not just Twitter the company.