Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

https://i.imgur.com/KDptXvG.mp4

e: fixed

H.P. Hovercraft fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Roy Comfort makes me uncomfortable

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

qirex posted:

but at that point why are you even still bothering to performatively "earn" money? your money makes its own money

you could boss around your household staff or a bunch of sex workers or idk build a star trek bridge and hire actors to be your crew [and maybe also have sex with them] but gently caress why would you go and do actual business stuff? brain worms

I guess if your whole identity is "I'm a magic business genius" and you have no other life you'll just keep doing it but drat, wealth is wasted on the wealthy

bill gates was the pinnacle of ethical tech ceos

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
what's the share price that triggers all the spiral poo poo for tesla?

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

elmer chud posted:

This is what it is, this is how the article about his sob story ends

But, he added, “if you have anyone who can do a better job, please let me know. They can have the job. Is there someone who can do the job better? They can have the reins right now.”

it's so clear that he's asking that question in a histrionic, rhetorical way

"oh boo hoo poor me, I'd totally quit this job if there's someone who could do a better job bb bubub ubububuut this is my unique destiny and literally no other businessperson in the world could do it that's unpossible"

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
if any of the problems surfaced so far are as significant as they seem they should 100% be engaged in trying to find partnerships (aka shop the various assets of $TSLA including the brand around) with other automakers; that's what a competent replacement for elon musk would do.

if musk defines the mission of tesla as continuing on his nutso crusade (to defeat automakers and oil companies! by being a lovely automaker and taking saudi investment!) then indeed, there is no one who is both competent and committed to continue down that path; the two are mutually exclusive

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

George posted:

Roy Comfort makes me uncomfortable

https://i.imgur.com/9e8KYSb.mp4

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

bill gates was the pinnacle of ethical tech ceos

ahahahaha

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

it's a really small mountain though

Zaxxon
Feb 14, 2004

Wir Tanzen Mekanik

Beast of Bourbon posted:

what's the share price that triggers all the spiral poo poo for tesla?

I think they end up with a really nasty problem if it's less than 350 by the end of the year. Seeing as they have a big pile of convertible bonds due. Though they might have already converted or something I don't really know for sure.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Schadenboner posted:

Im the half-empty orange juice.

I’m the half-full orange juice. :smuggo:

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

quote:

“He goes into his brain, and then you just see he is in another world. He still does that. Now I just leave him be because I know he is designing a new rocket or something.”— Elon Musk’s mother describing how as a child Elon sometimes seemed to drift off into trances. He wouldn’t respond when spoken to and would have a distant look in his eyes. Musk’s parents and physicians thought maybe he was deaf and removed his adenoid glands thinking that would improve his hearing. It made no difference.

quote:

“One night he told me, ‘If there was a way that I could not eat, so I could work more, I would not eat. I wish there was a way to get nutrients without sitting down for a meal.’ ” — Nicholson

on the down syndrome spectrum FOR SURE

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
Someone was whispering earlier that the school Musk opened was specifically for purposes of keeping his kids' developmental differences private.

I personally am good with gossiping about and poo poo-talking the man but not poo poo-talking any sort of congenital developmental stuff.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
gently caress Elon's downy rear end

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

prisoner of waffles posted:

Someone was whispering earlier that the school Musk opened was specifically for purposes of keeping his kids' developmental differences private.

I personally am good with gossiping about and poo poo-talking the man but not poo poo-talking any sort of congenital developmental stuff.

that was me

it’s not out of the question seeing as how his children are the products of multiple births, particularly the triplets, which is why IVF tries hard to avoid that these days

also the school itself was noted as being oddly selective

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

lets check in on this guy https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/95otw7/just_borrowed_232k_at_600mo_interest_to_buy_623/

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
why not just buy a few teachers to home school them rather than go through this nonsense

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

who the gently caress is giving these people the money in the first place, are they lying on loan applications?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Looks like he hit the wrong yellow button and the ocarina only teleported his money to the SEC

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
imagine the mental gymnastics that guy is doin to not sue musky

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

indigi posted:

why not just buy a few teachers to home school them rather than go through this nonsense

Just like it's not enough to be a billionaire and make money from owning financial instruments, you gotta be a world-changing businessman

Why settle for privacy and a good education when you could be sending your children to the most exclusive school for the unbelievably gifted

Why do objectively good thing when you could buff your ego to a high shine

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

"$21,589 of my life savings up in flames, and that's just so far. I'm in this for the long haul."

Set all your money in fire so senpai will notice you.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mrmcd posted:

"$21,589 of my life savings up in flames, and that's just so far. I'm in this for the long haul."

Set all your money in fire so senpai will notice you.

sort by newest:

quote:

Empath1999

how many k have you burned so far and are you still holding onto them?

quote:

wakka54

$40.7k

Worst trade of my life.

Yeah I'm holding for a month or two as I originally planned. Nothing I can do about the loss. Water under the bridge.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

it was posted on bluelight, the true bottom of the barrel of drug forums

it also wasn't about phenazepam either, it was a about one of the AB-CHIMICHANGA synthetic cannabinoids that caused psychosis

Moist von Lipwig fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Aug 17, 2018

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

it was posted on bluelight, the true bottom of the barrel of drug forums

it also wasn't about phenazepam either, it was a about one of the AB-CHIMICHANGA synthetic cannabinoids that caused psychosis

dang

i'm happy to never have encountered that, ever

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

elmer chud posted:

on the down syndrome spectrum FOR SURE

pork skin

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

who the gently caress is giving these people the money in the first place, are they lying on loan applications?

judging by the 3% APY, the loan's probably directly from their stockbroker via margin trading account

if so, the shares will be forcibly sold to settle their debts if their account drops enough

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
someone make a tesla death pool thread like we had for bbry. i'd do it but i'm busy and just the ideas guy anyway.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

someone make a tesla death pool thread like we had for bbry. i'd do it but i'm busy and just the ideas guy anyway.

i mean here we are why not this thread

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

President Beep posted:

live your truth, pk. to bring pleasure to others you must first bring it to.............yourself.

prisoner of waffles posted:

pleasurekevin is insanely good imo

President Beep posted:

i agree. the av really completes the package too. strong brand.

thanks friends. i’ve been living in a homeless shelter for over a week. i just had my e-reader and backup HDD stolen, and the thief attacked me. she came back like 20 minutes later and i’m afraid she’s gonna have muscle with her next time.

there’s like one guy i (barely) trust and it’s totally a possibility he stole the stuff from me and sold it for meth. thought things could not be worse but now i’m suspicious of everyone, especially the ones i thought were half decent.

so thanks for the kind words.

should be getting $3200 over the next to weeks and i’m leaving this hell city

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
stay safe pleasure man

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

oh, jesus h christ, pk. i really hope things turn around for you. please keep us informed.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PleasureKevin posted:

thanks friends. i’ve been living in a homeless shelter for over a week. i just had my e-reader and backup HDD stolen, and the thief attacked me. she came back like 20 minutes later and i’m afraid she’s gonna have muscle with her next time.

there’s like one guy i (barely) trust and it’s totally a possibility he stole the stuff from me and sold it for meth. thought things could not be worse but now i’m suspicious of everyone, especially the ones i thought were half decent.

r/personalfinance is buckwild this week

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/AdamFriedland/status/1030501802553352193

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

PleasureKevin posted:

that sucks to hear. i hope you find a good place to live

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

ah some guy just hit a woman a bunch of times and dragged her kicking and screaming out the door

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

gently caress. stay safe.

elmer chud
May 18, 2018
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

PleasureKevin posted:

ah some guy just hit a woman a bunch of times and dragged her kicking and screaming out the door

elon really gets wild on ambien, jeez

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/70Ceeks/status/1030603841421684736

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

elmer chud posted:

elon really gets wild on ambien, jeez

grams! it’s tam to go! plesma center closes ver soon!