Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

psiox posted:

yes i only tried to drop it multiple times, but please continue the derail because christ knows your input will finally be what's needed to cap it off

a lot of you really need constant validation, huh

hm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Zamujasa posted:

this thread is a tesla and prince is a firetruck
berserker!

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

The only acceptable thing to pray to is the machine spirit.

Now excuse me while I proceed with the disenchantment of my washing machine that continues to fill itself with stinky water. At this point I am certain it is tainted by the dark mechanicus. I also found no less than 4 marks of Chaos body piercings from the previous owner in the pump filter.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Combat Theory posted:

The only acceptable thing to pray to is the machine spirit.

Now excuse me while I proceed with the disenchantment of my washing machine that continues to fill itself with stinky water. At this point I am certain it is tainted by the dark mechanicus. I also found no less than 4 marks of Chaos body piercings from the previous owner in the pump filter.

you need to get some ppe

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

I'm not sure I even knew Prince was a JW until the radio DJ said 'celebration of life day' instead of birthday the other week

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Munkeymon posted:

'celebration of life day'

Prince was a small but very artistically shaved Wookiee

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Zamujasa posted:

And you're trying to bring DMB into it?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Zamujasa posted:

This thread was on autopilot and crashed into the large vehicle with flashing lights and loud siren?

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

psiox posted:

yes i only tried to drop it multiple times, but please continue the derail because christ knows your input will finally be what's needed to cap it off

a lot of you really need constant validation, huh

game: Blouses

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Vomik posted:

game: Blouses

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

in minnesota we used to swap stories about running into prince in the grocery store, or the times we saw him but didn't say anything because he was at an event in disguise (which is something he did). we cant do that anymore but we can still swap stories about how misaligned the body panels were on the tesla we saw the other day. in conclusion: elon musk is bad

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Lutha Mahtin posted:

in minnesota we used to swap stories about running into prince in the grocery store, or the times we saw him but didn't say anything because he was at an event in disguise (which is something he did). we cant do that anymore but we can still swap stories about how misaligned the body panels were on the tesla we saw the other day. in conclusion: elon musk is bad

What about the prices of eggs per dozen, though?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
everybody shut the gently caress up and please discuss our favorite emerald failson

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/10/investing/elon-musk-tesla-payday/index.html

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

its going to be so funny when his little vape battery empire burns down

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Since the SEC has no teeth and the board drank the koolaid what would actually have to happen to start this house of cards collapsing?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

CampingCarl posted:

Since the SEC has no teeth and the board drank the koolaid what would actually have to happen to start this house of cards collapsing?

the larger collapse of capitalism itself, which is imminent

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

CampingCarl posted:

- losing the solar city shareholder lawsuit, or the very damaging evidence in there getting some actual coverage
- papering over the plant being closed half the quarter with claims of a quarterly profit being simply too bogus to swallow
- the ongoing doj, sec, or nhtsb investigations concluding with a damning public report of some sort
- a twitter not mad meltdown that goes beyond the pale, even for him and his supine board

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

- losing the solar city shareholder lawsuit, or the very damaging evidence in there getting some actual coverage
- papering over the plant being closed half the quarter with claims of a quarterly profit being simply too bogus to swallow
- the ongoing doj, sec, or nhtsb investigations concluding with a damning public report of some sort
- a twitter not mad meltdown that goes beyond the pale, even for him and his supine board

just lol at the thought any of this matters

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

i have difficulty believing any one of these (or even all of these) would be enough to push investors away. it's already unclear what people are investing in with tesla, it certainly isn't anything to do with the business itself, so i can't imagine any of that will affect investor exuberance.

otoh, since people are just imagining whatever the gently caress or following the early money, it could totally just eat poo poo one day completely divorced from any kind of actual news

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

the collapse of capitalism would do it, but i think even a mild economic recession could blow up the whole thing. the global money spigots pumping cash into all these dumb DiSrUpTiVe companies will turn off eventually

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the collapse of capitalism would do it, but i think even a mild economic recession could blow up the whole thing

good thing those don't happen anymore

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

infernal machines posted:

otoh, since people are just imagining whatever the gently caress or following the early money, it could totally just eat poo poo one day completely divorced from any kind of actual news

tesla and musk are completely divorced from any kind of actual science so that sounds pretty likely imo.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Baxate posted:

yeah i know :smithicide: i should have said that while i think those are the most likely triggers, i don't think any of them are that likely at all!

someone has been making very large way out of the money call option buys, which i first noticed early this year, maybe in a way that tricks the algo investors to follow suit. starting to get more coverage: https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/tsla-rockets-higher-again-someone-panic-buys-massively-otm-call-options

i mean, gaining billions in market cap when there's no news or even just bad news is v strange.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

yeah i know :smithicide: i should have said that while i think those are the most likely triggers, i don't think any of them are that likely at all!

someone has been making very large way out of the money call option buys, which i first noticed early this year, maybe in a way that tricks the algo investors to follow suit. starting to get more coverage: https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/tsla-rockets-higher-again-someone-panic-buys-massively-otm-call-options

i mean, gaining billions in market cap when there's no news or even just bad news is v strange.

yeah for as long as fraud is legal in this country the stock is going to keep going up.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Prince was a small but very artistically shaved Wookiee

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

posted this in the other thread too but remember a year ago when we were saying being above $100 was absurdly overpriced? lmao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It was and still is lol

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Baxate posted:

i think the end would only come if production slips badly or plateus. we can bang on about how there hasn't been a CFO for three years or the SEC or whatever, but while there are still millions of ravening fuckwits out there desperate to buy the cars and they can meet some of that demand then the ship will keep sailing.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
puddles, enemy number two, after fire trucks

https://mobile.twitter.com/loganjamal815/status/1281711653550198785

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/loganjamal815/status/1281767587723051008

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

i think the end would only come if production slips badly or plateus. we can bang on about how there hasn't been a CFO for three years or the SEC or whatever, but while there are still millions of ravening fuckwits out there desperate to buy the cars and they can meet some of that demand then the ship will keep sailing.

stock price was up during the 3 or so weeks Tesla was producing zero cars

even another EV company, Nikola, which has zero revenue and no production capability is worth $20 billion

the worst thing these companies can do is build cars

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

god hates teslas but owners love them.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

the world economy’s hosed because it’s totally normal to invest billions into companies that have no real path to profitability, all the meanwhile these startup companies have no real idea what to do with all this capitol, and blow it all on hiring thousands of javascript programmers

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
still wild about candles

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the people who have all the money literally don’t know what to do with it so it’s staying in the stock market

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

it’s not a bad thing that billionaires are investing but they should probably stop giving all their money to companies who’s mantra is, ‘growth at all cost’

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Baxate posted:

stock price was up during the 3 or so weeks Tesla was producing zero cars

even another EV company, Nikola, which has zero revenue and no production capability is worth $20 billion

the worst thing these companies can do is build cars

it was three weeks during a shutdown, who cares? and elon was visibly trying to get things going again.

Tesla makes a product that millions of people want. while that remains true they are going to keep getting traction. anyone can see they make the product poorly but until you see an actual demand drop it doesn't matter.

agree that Nikola thing is dumb as hell though, 20B for a pre revenue manufacturing business is stupid.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

its gonna be something like happened to enron, wirecard and theranos.

somebody is gonna write something that for some reason or another gains tractions and then the floodgates will open and pundits will wonder "why didnt anyone see this before"

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Nfcknblvbl posted:

it’s not a bad thing that billionaires are investing but they should probably stop giving all their money to companies who’s mantra is, ‘growth at all cost’

how else are you supposed to get a return though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

"act of God" is a term of art that usually refers to unstoppable natural disasters like hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and so on.

I gotta say using it to describe a rainy day is new to me