Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Sagebrush posted:

just trying to imagine what he thinks he's going to do on the production line to speed things up.
I remember a Twitter thread where some rando was like "He's an EnGinEEr!" and I realized people think he's literally Tony Starking around Tesla and Space X.

How are people this dumb?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
probably headbutt some rockets

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

FilthyImp posted:

*looks at QAnon, antivaxxers, NFTs*

hmm... yes... how indeed

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Sagebrush posted:

just trying to imagine what he thinks he's going to do on the production line to speed things up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8miwsWtzRw

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Sagebrush posted:

does he plan to sit himself down at a station with a socket wrench and some cap screws so he can show the factory dullards how it's done?

does he think he's actually an engineer and he'll go in there and say "have you tried recrystallizing the dilithium matrix" and everyone will slap their foreheads and all the problems will go away?

does he think that everyone on the line is a lazy crack smoking rear end in a top hat and when he gets in there and shows his angry face they'll all buckle down and get back to work?

does he imagine that he's such a stirring charismatic figure that his mere presence will inspire the workers to inhuman levels of heretofore-unseen productivity?

Motivates the workers to be so fast that you suddenly need to start taking wind resistance into account.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

I remember a Twitter thread where some rando was like "He's an EnGinEEr!" and I realized people think he's literally Tony Starking around Tesla and Space X.

since he's "an engineer" he'll have no qualms about launching in temperatures too cold for the o-rings so the 2 week cadence can be kept up

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

so long as we're talking rockets, heres a cool story from r/maliciouscompliance https://www.reddit.com/r/MaliciousCompliance/comments/r52wny/all_nonconformances_shall_be_written_up/

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

MomJeans420 posted:

"I work so hard and never have time off" would be more compelling if he didn't make adolescent jokes all day on Twitter. Unless you take the Matt Levine approach that his shitposting helps support the stock price and therefore is important to the company.

i still think about the time someone pulled his personal jet's flight records and found he went to some video game tourney when he claimed he was living from a factory office

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

hobbesmaster posted:

since he's "an engineer" he'll have no qualms about launching in temperatures too cold for the o-rings so the 2 week cadence can be kept up

now tbf those engineers were the ones who said "yeah absolutely these o-rings fail in freezing temperatures, the shuttle's gonna blow up." the elons in the group ignored them

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

flying back to the office same day to sleep at your desk seems like the kind of crazy thing musk would do

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you know he's one of those dudes who's all "i can only poo poo in my own bathroom" too

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

its like that Kim Jong-il thing, he just walks around and makes obvious points like "make sure you put that together correctly" and everyone ohs and ahs at his genius

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah nobody knows for sure but its funny to think that elon asked for:

iggy azalea

and instead got:

azalea banks

four seasons total landscaping

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Soylent Pudding posted:

Where's that CEO chart that only shows like 6 hours of actual work in a 70 hour week?

was it the peloton guy who spends 90 minutes a day loving around with dimmers?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

DELETE CASCADE posted:

four seasons total landscaping

fuckin lol

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Soylent Pudding posted:

Where's that CEO chart that only shows like 6 hours of actual work in a 70 hour week?

got u boo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i can simply think of no better way to get this assembly line in tip-top shape than for the ceo to go down there himself and breathe down every overworked worker's neck

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Chris Knight posted:

quote:

"We face genuine risk of bankruptcy if we cannot achieve a Starship flight rate of at least once every two weeks next year," Musk added later.

lol. if only he had billions of dollars to put into his failing company

So this focus on production of Raptor engines elides the demand side of the "flight every two weeks" equation. Aren't they basically reliant on Starlink to generate that demand in the first place?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Edit: Oh wow. A double post.

Lead out in cuffs fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Dec 1, 2021

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
thats it no more lunch breaks, only LAUNCH breaks until this poo poo is in orbit

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Zamujasa posted:

thats it no more lunch breaks, only LAUNCH breaks until this poo poo is in orbit
literally the premise for a terrible late 70s kids sf show

quote:

the show's opening sequence provides the setup of its fanciful premise: While loading food into various compartments to prepare a rocket for an upcoming mission, Barney instructs Junior to hit the "lunch" button, but Junior mistakenly hits the "launch" button. The rocket blasts off and takes them on various misadventures on alien planets.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Chris Knight posted:

lol. if only he had billions of dollars to put into his failing company

i don't see what could possibly go wrong seeing how the model 3 rollout went when he used this strategy

this is textbook lovely management. like poop management 101. this is like the first lesson in how to be a terrible manager

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
production hell, but it's rocket engines

can't wait to see the results

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Sagebrush posted:

does he plan to sit himself down at a station with a socket wrench and some cap screws so he can show the factory dullards how it's done?

does he think he's actually an engineer and he'll go in there and say "have you tried recrystallizing the dilithium matrix" and everyone will slap their foreheads and all the problems will go away?

does he think that everyone on the line is a lazy crack smoking rear end in a top hat and when he gets in there and shows his angry face they'll all buckle down and get back to work?

does he imagine that he's such a stirring charismatic figure that his mere presence will inspire the workers to inhuman levels of heretofore-unseen productivity?

like all lovely managers he doesn't realize that he's powerless and doesn't know how fight the deep urge that he has to DO SOMETHING. he hasn't thought of any of the above scenarios. all he knows is that he needs to DO SOMETHING

like everyone had that lovely manager on a death march project who demanded status updates every thirty minutes. of course they don't realize that they're slowing everything down. all they know is they're stressed and they have to DO SOMETHING

and that's the only thing they know

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Zamujasa posted:

we're drunk as poo poo

what's for launch?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

PIZZA.BAT posted:

like all lovely managers he doesn't realize that he's powerless and doesn't know how fight the deep urge that he has to DO SOMETHING. he hasn't thought of any of the above scenarios. all he knows is that he needs to DO SOMETHING

like everyone had that lovely manager on a death march project who demanded status updates every thirty minutes. of course they don't realize that they're slowing everything down. all they know is they're stressed and they have to DO SOMETHING

and that's the only thing they know

hey that’s where I exist right now

anyone hiring?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
coming up with a new company slogan and company taglines and believing it will motivate the lowly employees to work harder.

also a new vaguely latin word combined with a regular english word to make the company name

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

achievios: building the better you

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

axiatech: we harness the power of knowledge

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

testiclenetes: the pods are stored in the balls

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Sopharous: The Limits are Boundless

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

gonna start billin clients for my gym breaks

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

go lawyer mode and bill them for 6 minutes every time you think about work

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheDweck/status/1466518291862622212?s=20

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
isn’t he supposed to be on the production line rn?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Laws to the left of me, poets to the right, here I am, stuck in this poo poo hole earth with elons's loving tweets

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

FrozenVent posted:

isn’t he supposed to be on the production line rn?

elon can distract workers so fast it looks like a blur

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

no idea what this is about but i sure hope it escalates into something more. she did kill kurt cobain after all

https://twitter.com/Courtney/status/1466471486345158665?s=20

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

MomJeans420 posted:

no idea what this is about but i sure hope it escalates into something more. she did kill kurt cobain after all

https://twitter.com/Courtney/status/1466471486345158665?s=20

i googled to see what she's talking about and elon what happened to your head. you look like a meatball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

as he aged, he pursued useless bazinga horseshit instead of useless Botox injections and various face lifts like a normal billionaire