Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

MomJeans420 posted:

Remember how the Model S Plaid was the ultimate track weapon and not just a hastily thrown together publicity stunt? Eight 100mph to 20mph stops and the brakes caught fire:

https://insideevs.com/news/552775/tesla-models-plaid-brake-test/

Although I doubt you're slowing to 20mph for turns on most tracks in a Tesla, but you're probably also braking from faster than 100mph so who knows how the brakes hold up.

incredible. tons of people in the comments trying to act like musk wasn't repeatedly claiming that the plaid would be a track capable car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

everyone who called this when that video was first published come on up to claim your prize

the prize is tesla's stock going up another 10%

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

its a goddamn hit piece

https://twitter.com/kimpaquette/status/1467960812241408004?s=20

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

I particularly love that one

"They didn't even try to contact the head of AI at Tesla"

"We repeatedly DID try, they never responded"

"Of course they didn't respond, it's a hit piece!"

Fishmech would be proud at how fast those goal posts are moving

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Get a load of this dweeb

https://twitter.com/varbmos/status/1467987132497207302?s=20

Ih what a surprise they have tons of cash invested in Tesla stonks

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Imagine basing your entire personality around liking a loving car (company) and their jenkum huffing ceo... There are loving millions of these idiots.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

at least traditional diehard ford or whatever truck fans are stanning for a real product line nearing a century of releases. this is like being a ride or die for the loving fire phone

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Agile Vector posted:

ride or die for the loving fire

whoops accidentally leaked the internal fsd beta release notes

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

tesla's taunting nthsa at this point

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/07/business/tesla-video-game-driving.html posted:

Not long after buying a Tesla Model 3 this summer, Vince Patton saw a YouTube clip highlighting a feature that took him by surprise: three video games that can be played on the large touch screen mounted in front of the dashboard — while driving down the road.

“I thought surely that can’t be right,” Mr. Patton, a retiree in Lake Oswego, Ore.

But in a parking lot, he gave it a try, and he was able to play a solitaire game on the Model 3 while in motion. “I only did it for like five seconds and then turned it off,” he said. “I’m astonished. To me, it just seems inherently dangerous.”

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

eagerly awaiting brooklyn, ohio's first "no video games in your car" law to complement their firsts in seatbelts and cellphones

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the only thing that should be running during skyrim is your character. IT'S THE LAW

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Agile Vector posted:

eagerly awaiting brooklyn, ohio's first "no video games in your car" law to complement their firsts in seatbelts and cellphones

it’s already illegal in many states for it to be visible to the driver while the car is operating

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Nfcknblvbl posted:

tesla's taunting nthsa at this point

"remember that guy who died because he was playing phone games while autopilot drove him into a truck? what if we removed the phone"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
rising runner missed by endless driver

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Zamujasa posted:

"remember that guy who died because he was playing phone games while autopilot drove him into a truck? what if we removed the phone"

it's called vertical integration, they're optimizing the purchase to grave pipeline

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

if all your customers are dead they can’t buy other brands of cars

*taps temple*

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
if your customers crash their cars they will probably buy a new car and theres a chance its your mfg so you can continue to show growth

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol forever that there's a shitload of teslafans who've owned multiple ones

big lmaos that there's a guy itt who's owned multiple teslas

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

infernal machines posted:

it's called vertical integration, they're optimizing the purchase to grave pipeline

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
releasing new models to grave reviews

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/aaronhuertas/status/1468312922267033603?s=20

idiot who spent 8 years getting a dual physics+econ major with hot takes

refleks fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Dec 8, 2021

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

quote:

The only consequential titles at a large company, Musk responded, are "president, secretary and treasurer," because those positions are required for Internal Revenue Service paperwork.

"All of these other titles are just basically made up," Musk mused, ultimately avoiding the question. "So CEO is a made-up title, CFO is a made-up title, general counsel...They don't mean anything."

in a January quarterly earnings call, Musk complained about the rigors of his Tesla CEO role.

"The sheer amount of work required to be CEO of Tesla is insane," he said. "It would be nice to have a bit more free time on my hands as opposed to just working day and night from when I wake up to go to sleep seven days a week. It's pretty intense."
:thunk:
smartest boy in the world folks

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Road and Track posted:

Among the many claims Tesla has made for the 1020-hp Model S Plaid is that it is capable of 200 mph. That's a rarefied velocity for any car, but especially so for an EV, as they tend to be limited by the maximum rotational speed of the electric motors.

But while our test of the Plaid revealed its tremendous acceleration capability—tying the Bugatti Chiron Sport for the quickest quarter-mile time we've ever recorded—and a considerable improvement in its charging rate, it didn't get anywhere near 200 mph. Instead, it topped out at a governed 162 mph.

Given how unsettling the Plaid is to pilot at that speed, however, you wouldn't want to do 200 mph even if it could. Because it gets up to speed so quickly, we could simply lift off and coast rather than slam on the brakes. But that gave us a lot of time to ponder the Model S's high-speed behavior, which, frankly, was terrifying. It wanders in its lane, with lots of slop on center in the steering that doesn't have anything to do with the yoke. Putting it in the sport steering setting helped a little, but it's like Tesla neglected to dial in its high-speed steering and handling behavior. This is not what you want when traveling two-thirds the distance of a football field every second. Tick. Tick. Every other car that's in the same conversation—from the Porsche Taycan to the Bugatti Chiron—is unerring and locked on its lane at 150-plus mph.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Zamujasa posted:

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

this is the real american muscle car experience imo

this is what you get if you're too poor to afford a taycan turbo s

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Zamujasa posted:

:tesla:

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
you can see that tesla has really learned the lessons to success from the big tech companies

1. call yourself a tech company no matter what you actually do. having a website is enough
2. don't work for years on developing a good product. instead constantly announce dogshit products and say you'll make them good later
3. smash the unions, destroy workers' rights
4. siphon off as much public money as possible, if a local government won't comply just replace it

that's how you make a trillion dollar company. the addendum to step 4 is: if a local goverment won't comply just replace it (with your company) but i think even in texas tesla isn't quite there yet

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

https://twitter.com/mrscheibe/status/1468509917749276675

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

He's a rickety piece of poo poo alright :hmmyes:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

BattleMaster posted:

hes right but not for the reason he thinks

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

though tesla did actually invent some fundamental transformer designs which is way more than musk ever did.

edison isn't even a good comparison, while he stole credit like musk edison actually seemed to understand stuff

mystes
May 31, 2006

BattleMaster posted:

On the other hand he hasn't set himself on fire (yet)

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

tesla invented some good electrical stuff but went completely insane and paranoid in middle age and spent the last decade of his life holed up in a hotel room living on crackers

so, like, we can hope i guess

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
trolled into madness by tom edison lmao

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

BattleMaster posted:

jesus thats one of those shithead obama staffers that pivoted it into a podcasting career... of course he has a tesla

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

edison may have been an rear end in a top hat, but there was a real art form to his professional slandering :allears:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

even after inventing the induction motor and tesla coil tesla didn't fully understand the math behind what he was doing despite maxwell and faradway having worked it all out and published years earlier so he got on the track of crazy stuff like wireless power which an inverse square law meant could never truly work. edison just made this worse.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
tesla: has cool movie made about him 40 years after his death starring david bowie

musk: has cool holovid made about him 40 years after his death starring the reconstituted personality matrix of kid rock

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

the genesis of British early warning radar research was someone asking the Tizard Committee about German death rays in the 30s

they did some math and said “no that’s not possible because of the inverse square law but I bet with a big enough antenna you could detect reflected energy off airplanes”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

my main man bernie