Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

so when does a rocket mysteriously crash into this parking lot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Suspicious Dish posted:

i guess this was before they thought about putting them in a dirt lot somewhere? still a lot of money to ship a broken car out to a dealership with a sticker on it that says "broken"

im guessing they had a policy that lemons still ship out and get fixed by local technicians (to make the numbers). except their production was so poo poo that the dealerships couldn't handle all the bad cars so someone said gently caress it and dumped them in storage

perhaps a visualization is in order:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnbNcQlzV-4

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
im just confused how they can commit such massive scale fraud with so many people involved and nobody gives a poo poo lmao

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Suspicious Dish posted:

im just confused how they can commit such massive scale fraud with so many people involved and nobody gives a poo poo lmao

as long as it makes people money nobody will ever give a poo poo

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Suspicious Dish posted:

nothing matters anymore, haven't you been paying attention?

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Suspicious Dish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6yBHDvKUw

Cowwan
Feb 23, 2011

akadajet posted:

nothing matters anymore, haven't you been paying attention?

This.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Seat Safety Switch posted:

don't know if this is exactly what's going on with that yard, but it sure smells like it.

for more details, David Halberstam's comprehensive 1986 takedown of the entire American auto industry, The Reckoning, is a fantastic read. https://www.amazon.com/Reckoning-David-Halberstam/dp/0688048382

cool post thank you

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

loving christ thats a blast from the past right there

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

pedal guy

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
https://twitter.com/UncleRamrod/status/1019646266152636416

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
my calculations suggest that elong is too autistic to gently caress but i don’t have definite proof

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
he probably gets all red in the face and starts snickering

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

arse says Tesla batteries are using cobalt from Cuba, which is illegal. arse goes on to predictably defend tesla by saying that well they plan on stopping anyway so it's fine

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

arse says Tesla batteries are using cobalt from Cuba, which is illegal. arse goes on to predictably defend tesla by saying that well they plan on stopping anyway so it's fine
the trade embargo is dumb anyway, this is pretty low on the list of poo poo Tesla does

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Seat Safety Switch posted:

during the "bad old days" of 1970s GM, if there was a problem on the line, workers were told to keep going no matter what - throw a loose bumper in the back seat if it couldn't be attached because someone before you in line forgot to put the bumper shocks on, jam a door on even if it won't close - don't stall the line, get it out the door, keep the production numbers up.

they would drive or push every one of these cars into a rework ("waiting for shipping") lot just outside the factory gates, where contractors would go through and do hand rework - basically disassemble the car back to where the problem happened, and then rebuild the car from that point - in a dirt lot.

as opposed to the "bad old days" of gm in the 80s, 90s, 00s, and today? that rework area still exists, only difference is that it's a real building instead of a dirt lot

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the cells go through china so probably, they don't care and will just say china was the origin of the parts

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Suspicious Dish posted:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

this but "WHISKEY SOURS"

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

Suspicious Dish posted:

because as long as you pretend it isnt happening the stock will perform fine and wall street will still make money. so just pretend like nothing is happening.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
gently caress me the last two pages were a trip.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
the desert lot should be called 'elon musk's locker'; a deserted, barren place full of broken vessels that sunk the namesake

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

PleasureKevin posted:

here is his "submarine"

quotin the water coffin cause i haven't yet

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

buffoon's cartoon pontoon

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

where's the ipod

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
why does my newsfeed keep showing this site

https://electrek.co/2018/07/20/tesla-stocking-model-3-lots-tsla-shorts-freaking-out/amp/

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Endless Mike posted:

where's the ipod

slowly sinking into the earth in some thai jungle, i imagine.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

Electrek’s Take

We have often posted articles about Tesla shorts grasping at straws, but I think this one may top it off. They have outdone themselves.

Why on earth would Tesla produce cars that customers haven’t ordered when thousands of people who have ordered are waiting for their cars, including myself?

There’s literally zero news here. We already knew that the number of Tesla vehicles in transit would increase significantly with the production rate. That will be reflected by much higher inventory at the end of the quarter.

Just some hard hitting honest unbiased journalism here folks

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
yeah i saw that article too. the comments are great.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

quote:

Therefore, it’s normal that Tesla has new parking lots for vehicles in transit.

quote:

parking lots

quote:

in transit

:thunk:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cat Face Joe posted:

quotin the water coffin cause i haven't yet

Quoting because Elon musk sucks rear end

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

Quoting because Elon musk sucks rear end

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Parkings lot

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

Parkings lot

models 3

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Voteds 1.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I get it too, it sucks

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

quote:

new parking lots

did these people miss that this land is owned by a trucking company and they're leasing it ?

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
the cars thing seems to me like a tax credit scheme. the way that the electric vehicle tax credit works is that when a company delivers its 200,000th vehicle to a customer, they get to finish out the quarter and get the next quarter at the full tax credit amount then the following quarter it drops. so tesla model 3 gets a $7500 tax credit now, they hit their 200,000th vehicle on july 13th, and they now get until december 31st at $7500 before it drops to $3750 on january 1st.

they shouldve hit it in june and the tax credit would then have dropped to $3,750 on October 1st, but instead they shipped cars to a parking lot.

President Beep posted:

so is the giggle tent supposed to be a long term thing?

it has a 6 month permit that expires in november.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

fermun posted:

they shouldve hit it in june and the tax credit would then have dropped to $3,750 on October 1st, but instead they shipped cars to a parking lot.

i read somewhere someone estimated theyre also shipping at a 25% loss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
gonna make it up on volume