Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

gschmidl posted:

That was half a year ago, you can push tens of thousands of commits in that time!

Appveyor status: failing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Fire this man into the sun

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Slippery Tilde
for real

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1143036518958882816

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1143339171295219712

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
gosh, his car company must just be going from strength to strength if he has enough spare time to gently caress around on twitter like this

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

when does this next quarter end?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
What kind of Shakespeare do they have in South Africa where Iago has a docile puppet?

I mean, like, everything in that entire Tweet is so wrong it’s :psyduck:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
he is powerful stupid

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Slippery Tilde

AlbieQuirky posted:

What kind of Shakespeare do they have in South Africa where Iago has a docile puppet?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

sunday

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Friday lol

E: no Sunday is right Friday is just the last market day of the Q

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Slippery Tilde
lol

https://twitter.com/drmistercody/status/1143286935084912640

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Elon Trump

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

look at me assuming that melon usk was an actual adult, not a manchild

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

AlbieQuirky posted:

he's saying Piketty is Chomsky's puppet

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
okay, but why liken chomsky to iago in literally the same sentence?

(because he's powerful dumb)

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

he thinks Chomsky just hates on stuff for fun?

hell I've probably thought more about that shitpost than he did

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the guy is literally a blockhead

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
now it’s personal :mad:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i help with regional scholarship interviews for my old program at gatech.edu every spring. last year one of our finalists, who i think won one, was gargling ol’ musky’s dong pretty hard during the interview, to the point where i was expecting him to clark kent his shirt to reveal a tesla tattoo across his chest towards the end.

to be fair, this was shortly after the double falcon landing so a lot of people were on the spacex bandwagon. still, i found myself biting my tongue at several points during the interview and had to remind myself that i had a bunch of uninformed opinions when i was a high school senior too.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

:wrong:

Sometimes the perceived slights are only days old.

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Midjack posted:

i help with regional scholarship interviews for my old program at gatech.edu every spring. last year one of our finalists, who i think won one, was gargling ol’ musky’s dong pretty hard during the interview, to the point where i was expecting him to clark kent his shirt to reveal a tesla tattoo across his chest towards the end.

to be fair, this was shortly after the double falcon landing so a lot of people were on the spacex bandwagon. still, i found myself biting my tongue at several points during the interview and had to remind myself that i had a bunch of uninformed opinions when i was a high school senior too.

cure him of his disease through nature's bullshit cure: relentless mockery

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

animist posted:

cure him of his disease through nature's bullshit cure: relentless mockery

hopefully the city of atlanta is handling this for me right about now.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Munkeymon posted:

he's saying Piketty is Chomsky's puppet

i got that part even though i was thinking of original recipe iago, not the cartoon parrot whose name i didn’t know

it’s just incredibly wrong

piketty is a data-centered economic theorist, chomsky is a linguist with opinions about politics

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
well, he's right

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
chomesky

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

chompsky owns

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an

AlbieQuirky posted:

i got that part even though i was thinking of original recipe iago, not the cartoon parrot whose name i didn’t know

it’s just incredibly wrong

piketty is a data-centered economic theorist, chomsky is a linguist with opinions about politics

yeah, I wasn't thinking about the cartoon parrot but hell maybe he was :v:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

he most definitely was

i recognize iago as the bad guy in othello, a play i've never read, and i know chomsky's a philosopher who has a connection to languages (thanks to project nim) but beyond that :shrug: ain't no humanities in my stem

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

flakeloaf posted:

he most definitely was

i recognize iago as the bad guy in othello, a play i've never read, and i know chomsky's a philosopher who has a connection to languages (thanks to project nim) but beyond that :shrug: ain't no humanities in my stem

he's pretty much chapo trap house before chapo trap house was chapo trap house except chomsky was a little easier to listen to and follow

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

he's pretty much chapo trap house before chapo trap house was chapo trap house except chomsky was a little easier to listen to and follow

well known chapo take posted:

"As for Antifa, it's a minuscule fringe of the Left, just as its predecessors were," the linguist and political philosopher told the Washington Examiner. "It's a major gift to the right, including the militant right, who are exuberant."

"What they do is often wrong in principle – like blocking talks – and [the movement] is generally self-destructive,” the 88-year-old told the conservative paper.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

unless you mean that iago is chapo trap house in which case you may be right but the literary parallel is pretty complex.

actually the parrot in aladdin is chapo. that is a nice clean take.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol decades of the guy going around detailing the way the US brutalizes the rest of the world in the name of capitalism can be distilled down to the guy saying nazis love playing the victim

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

lol decades of the guy going around detailing the way the US brutalizes the rest of the world in the name of capitalism can be distilled down to the guy saying nazis love playing the victim

you are the one trying to distill down chomsky in a really stupid way, just pointing out the most obvious way in which you're wrong.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

you are the one trying to distill down chomsky in a really stupid way, just pointing out the most obvious way in which you're wrong.

if chapo was around at the time the same people would have listened to them instead of chomsky because all the :words: after the parts about the US being a terrorist state are boring as poo poo

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
ah didn't realize chapoids deny the Cambodian genocide

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fishmech posted:

ah didn't realize chapoids deny the Cambodian genocide

Oh they're huge fans of Kissinger

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

FAUXTON posted:

Oh they're huge fans of Kissinger

thanks for reminding me i listened to (E: a radio replay of) kissinger walking out on the cbc for asking him about his war crimes

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Jun 26, 2019

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I seethe every single day Kissinger is still alive.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

if chapo was around at the time the same people would have listened to them instead of chomsky because all the :words: after the parts about the US being a terrorist state are boring as poo poo

well, one is entertainment offering only a few sketches of political positions, the other is an academia-poisoned philosopher offering lengthy political screeds. they may mostly agree on broad positions but real comparison is futile.

chomsky offers a lot more meticulous political content, but he has been almost entirely ineffectual and his stance against deplatforming is, think, a pretty good indication of why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

well, one is entertainment offering only a few sketches of political positions, the other is an academia-poisoned philosopher offering lengthy political screeds. they may mostly agree on broad positions but real comparison is futile.

chomsky offers a lot more meticulous political content, but he has been almost entirely ineffectual and his stance against deplatforming is, think, a pretty good indication of why.

So it's a difference of tone?

E: I'm not trying to minimize what you're getting at, but if the difference between two equally ineffective voices airballing equally ineffective critiques of american hegemony whose adherents are aware of that fact and flaunt their fandom as a proxy for all the effort and investment of real activism is tone then yeah I'm going to reassert the comparison.

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jun 26, 2019