Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

https://mobile.twitter.com/trufelman/status/1107769760861683712

(of course this was regarding theranos and elizabeth holmes so swap a few pronouns and we're golden)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

starting off strong

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

You'll see in page one of this contract that Elon Musk promised to not set my business on fire

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

apparently tesla has designed the world's most advanced and expensive solar campfire starters and installed them on the roofs of a bunch of walmarts

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

You'll see in page one of this contract that Elon Musk promised to not set my business on fire

actually, yes

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

can we really say though that lighting seven seperate wal-marts on fire was wrong?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Tesla solar panels can't go catch firetrucks, so they have to bring the firetrucks to them.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

infernal machines posted:

no, for real, what is loving wrong with that man's brain?

he's like some dipshit 15 year old with a head full of pulp sci-fi, but somehow even worse

sounds like something a paedophile would say

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RyanDoherty47/status/1163888138604826624

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

why does ol' musky change his twitter av so much

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

can you visualize a guy that craves more than anything to gently caress the girl in high school thats way into invader zim

thats elon musk

~so random

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
benny and joon was a curse upon this earth and opened up this whole subculture of Wacky Dudes Doing Wacky Things To Get Approval And Maybe A Handjob
i indict it. j'accuse

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Jonny 290 posted:

can you visualize a guy that craves more than anything to gently caress the girl in high school thats way into invader zim

thats elon musk

~so random

grahms grahms! i put the share price at $420 isnt that crazy?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Sagebrush posted:

well it certainly couldn't be because he's bored all day

no he must be working such insane hours that whimsically changing his twitter av and handle is clearly his only creative release

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

Jonny 290 posted:

benny and joon was a curse upon this earth and opened up this whole subculture of Wacky Dudes Doing Wacky Things To Get Approval And Maybe A Handjob
i indict it. j'accuse

lololo don't mind me, just making grilled cheese with a clothes iron

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
johnny depp was established as not being a predator taking sexual advantage of the mentally ill because he couldn't read lol

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

if Tesla can do stupid ota updates why haven't they made music-synched wipers and car-to-car synched turn signal indicators?

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

go play outside Skyler posted:

if Tesla can do stupid ota updates why haven't they made music-synched wipers and car-to-car synched turn signal indicators?

legitimately good question because it is weird that dumb poo poo like that isn't there yet. someone faux earnestly twest it @ elon it seems like a epic ftw !! sideshow he'd love to tell bazingas about in order to shore up the future hollow promises pile

they did decide to use the :worship: infallible camera :worship: instead of an industry standard sensor for the automatic rain detection tho and apparently that's poo poo (wow shocker lol)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
https://twitter.com/aScottyMr/status/1163974610150469633

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I can't believe there are people this stupid that presumably can hold down a job long enough to buy a Tesla

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

mystes posted:

Tesla solar panels can't go catch firetrucks, so they have to bring the firetrucks to them.

It's called a vertical integration system

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
Hasan Minhaj had a "I really want a Tesla" joke in one of his recent episodes, I groaned

The public perception of "these are the very best cars" continues to mystify me

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

He throws in solar heating for zero extra money and still gets sued by walmart for daring to go against big oil.
We're truly living in a society these days.

bonelessdongs
Jul 17, 2019

go play outside Skyler posted:

Next week's headlines include tragic DnB induced deaths when the wiper motors catch fire and light up entire teslas because the "Add Elon's bright ideas to the next update" team forgot to include an upper bound on wiper speed, and catastrophic failure of Tesla's infrastructure when every Tesla tries to synchronize their turn signals with every other Tesla at once.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

theflyingorc posted:

Hasan Minhaj had a "I really want a Tesla" joke in one of his recent episodes, I groaned

lots of people thought the sharper image sold really cool stuff, right up until the point they went out of business

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

theflyingorc posted:

yeah that was kinda cringe. show's not bad tho

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
why would you willingly watch anything even tangentially connected to the daily show?

at least jon stewart had the decency and grace to leave the public eye

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Jonny 290 posted:

yeah that was kinda cringe. show's not bad tho

Yeah, I really like learning about stuff from his show. Most of his jokes are just WAY WAY WAY oversold and I don't laugh that often, but it's super informative on a lot of issues that don't get a ton of coverage in other areas.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015
I can't watch his show because I absolutely hate, hate, hate his style.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Just take the daily show, then halve that, then halve that, then halve that. boom you have patriot act. Simple

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.

qirex posted:

lots of people thought the sharper image sold really cool stuff, right up until the point they went out of business

really? i don't doubt you, i just had no idea. i though they were always a skymall kinda joke in the public consciousness.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

homeopathic daily show

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

I know it's pennies for the dollar in the category of "things that annoy you about your country" but the fact that a German doctor can prescribe you with loving homeopathic Medication is disgraceful.

When miss combat theory (who works at a hospital laboratory) had to go to the doctor for intensive nerve pain and he tried talking her into homeopathic Medication (because doctors earn a lot more money when they prescribe you with that crap) she almost beat the poo poo out of the old fart.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 21, 2019

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Combat Theory posted:

I know it's pennies for the dollar in the category of "things that annoy you about your country" but the fact that a German doctor can prescribe you with loving homeopathic Medication is disgraceful.

When miss combat theory (who works at a hospital laboratory) had to go to the doctor for intensive nerve pain and he tried talking her into homeopathic Medication (because doctors earn a lot more money when they prescribe you with that crap) she almost beat the poo poo out of the old fart.

tbf on the continuity of disgraceful things that german doctors have done it's not that bad :v:

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

OK I could have seen that one coming :cripes:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

evilweasel posted:

tbf on the continuity of disgraceful things that german doctors have done it's not that bad :v:

mein gott

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

evilweasel posted:

big oof

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

evilweasel posted:

got drat

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Combat Theory posted:

OK I could have seen that one coming :cripes:

but you did nazi it coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

infernal machines posted:

really? i don't doubt you, i just had no idea. i though they were always a skymall kinda joke in the public consciousness.

I mean by the time they closed all their mall stores [and I think someone bought them out] they were dead but before that the "dumb crap (but really expensive)" schtick was great for '80s cokebros and the first large cohort of divorced dads [lol venn circle]