Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

movax posted:

ill start — I didn’t test and shipped a hardware (rtl) bug to orbit that precluded the recovery of a satellite :shobon:

we let an idiot greybeard ee write his own stepper driver on an attiny for some reason and it was super loud because he had to do manual pwm for current control. also it had a bug in it that killed the driver really fast, it was some constant offset ina specific microstep that pushed too much current or something and so I had to hand write a bit banging driver for the attinys programming port to program it via the step and direction lines which, in the only smart decision he ever made, he put on the programming pins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Bhodi posted:

we have renamed the digg button

if you click NICE! 9001 times it unlocks the Like button

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Roosevelt posted:

if you click NICE! 9001 times it unlocks the Like button

patch note the cosby button was discontinued

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zamujasa posted:

Um, ok. But that just reminds me of some quote in some funny movie: "You made me bleed...my own blood!". Mentioning "HTTPS POST" is redundant, unless you are trying to impress some non-technical people ;)[quote]

someone doesnt http get it

how cute that that guy doesn't think that an HTTP POST is possible

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET

Jamsta posted:

You know ol Musky will be reading this at 3am tomorrow morning. Will he be calling Fart Powered Cars out on twitter as a pedo tho?

hopefully he'll do it while hosed up on acid or ambien

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Button-down collar? Ugh.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

we used to have a bit janitoring thread, though that was mainly bitching about firmware

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

hobbesmaster posted:

we used to have a bit janitoring thread, though that was mainly bitching about firmware

I started a chipchat thread I think it's still open? Should have called it "fabgab" though. :sigh:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

im the alpha in this relationship

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
always remember:

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Zamujasa posted:

someone doesnt http get it

you can't PUT one over on this guy

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Bhodi posted:

always remember:

Well actually, the feature "AutoPilot" is in no way meant to provide self-driving capabilities and ABBAGHGHGHGHEOEVNOERNORVNOANAVUNARUNAERJFVNAAWEVOJSRHVAR

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

iospace posted:

So, I found this thread thanks to twitter, and I know this is an older post of yours, but as an EE, this scares the ever living gently caress out of me.

Please tell me they had some sort of protection that kept the superchargers from activating accidentally, like say if some kid touched the prongs.

siqq regdate

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

Well actually, the feature "AutoPilot" is in no way meant to provide self-driving capabilities and EOEVNOERNORVNOANAVUNARUNAERJFVNAAWEVOJSRHVAR

real talk, I rented a base model Corolla a few weeks ago and it had lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control and those things saved my life on a long-rear end drive across UT

all without slyly suggesting that it was in fact some kind of new-fangled AUTONOMY system

gently caress tesla

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

long overdue. :patriot:

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Schadenboner posted:

Well actually, the feature "AutoPilot" is in no way meant to provide self-driving capabilities and ABBAGHGHGHGHEOEVNOERNORVNOANAVUNARUNAERJFVNAAWEVOJSRHVAR

This is the most profoundly enraging thing about the company. People straight up do not believe me when I tell them it's unsafe

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

movax posted:

real talk, I rented a base model Corolla a few weeks ago and it had lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control and those things saved my life on a long-rear end drive across UT

all without slyly suggesting that it was in fact some kind of new-fangled AUTONOMY system

gently caress tesla

My dad's new Toyota has that lane departure thing and it seems like it would be real useful for distance driving at night.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Bhodi posted:

always remember:

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

movax posted:

“yeah I went to a state school, did one internship and am getting $250K base, $150K RSUs, $50K poo poo-posting bonus and they’re sending someone over to my house nightly to blow me”

you were supposed to inflate reality by 50%, tho?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

My dad's new Toyota has that lane departure thing and it seems like it would be real useful for night driving.

or you could just use your goddamn eyballs.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

President Beep posted:

its a redundancy system

at least its supposed to be

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
posting that as of 2:52p on 8/24 there are 96494 views itt

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
this is the most viral 219.css has ever been but i'm mostly mad the tweeter used the inferior amberpos

movax
Aug 30, 2008

President Beep posted:

i was falling asleep at the wheel and it covered my rear end because i'm a moron

movax
Aug 30, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

this is the most viral 219.css has ever been but i'm mostly mad the tweeter used the inferior amberpos

gently caress you buddy!

movax
Aug 30, 2008

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

this is the most viral 219.css has ever been but i'm mostly glad the tweeter used the superior amberpos

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

if you ask me (and im pretty sure someone did) the real story here is the persecution amberpos users face.

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

green was cheap, for the employees
amber was for the sushi-eating c-suite

rule 36

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

meanwhile we in the macinyos corner prefer to keep to ourselves

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

orange yospos is for scrubs and he has bad font rendering too.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?
thank you for bringing delight into our lives.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i want u all to imagine that if this thread somehow becomes part of anything legal then someone somewhere is going to very seriously ask the question "What is YOSPOS and what does it stand for?"

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Shaggar posted:

orange yospos is for scrubs and he has bad font rendering too.

yeah windows bad fonts

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

i want u all to imagine that if this thread somehow becomes part of anything legal then someone somewhere is going to very seriously ask the question "What is YOSPOS and what does it stand for?"

your honor, your operating system is a piece of poo poo

contempt of court

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

looking forward to being deposed regarding derailing ( :hurr: ) the thread with a failed 70s tv series

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Peeny Cheez posted:

Hello sec/your honours how are you gentlemen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Muskman gobbles big donkey nuts

See y'all in court