Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://twitter.com/Smoooove/status/1018545628513816577

Elon stans are just the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
lil baby jon jon offering perspective. :thunk:

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
felon musk

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

feelin' musky

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
elon gettin' his squeal on.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
sure it's got nazis but twitter is also a wonderful place for billionaires with daddy issues to put their raging personality disorders on public display

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/jbillinson/status/1018529553873022976

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

it's 2018 and buzzfeed is cranking out the realest headlines.

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
If I were a billionaire with a penchant for internet flamewars, I would totally have my PR firm employ investigators to dig into the past posts of everyone I argue with for salient dirt.

7a twitter still looks more like "wake up, read email, and lol" than "I got owned a day or two ago and am having nightmares about it, retaliatory slander time!"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

if eelhead muck would just back down and admit "i hosed up, i apologize, i'm/we're making changes and looking for feedback" he would instantly evaporate like 80% of the criticism. his sycophants would line up to fellate him even harder and most of the tabloid twitter would get bored because admitting flaws isn't juicy and a real journalist would write a piece defending him as a good guy who's just bearing the weight of the world on his shoulders and that would be that. apply this to tesla, hyperloop, union grievances, cave submarine, whatever.

but he's just gotta quadruple-down on everything and it's just baffling that his lawyers and accountants allow him to do it. everything is a personal affront and he can't possibly be less than the smartest man in the room, ever.

any minute now he's gonna start claiming to be the puppetmaster

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol after Drew toothpastes Borger tweet I had to make double-sure this was real news

https://twitter.com/bornwithatail_/status/1018543580460306434

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

lomarf i just noticed "first donor: Melon Eusk"

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

jfc

he was asked to leave the site,

then after calling the dude a pedophile he says “just wait a few days and i’ll have proof” or to that effect.

another thing he said a few days ago: “i’m making a cyborg dragon”

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol after Drew toothpastes Borger tweet I had to make double-sure this was real news

jesus christ dude

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

this rabbit hole goes deep

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
errol's a huge piece of poo poo too yeah

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
Wow I wish a billionaire would hand me an easy libel claim

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Gazpacho posted:

your honor, anyone who heroically risked his life to save these kids must truly love children, which is the literal translation of "pedophile"

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Gazpacho posted:

there is no such thing as an easy libel claim

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

lol all the tweeters are deleted now. his lawyer wrestled his phone from him i pressume

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

i hope they were all saved

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Also everyone remember he took the parts and engineering manpower to build the worthless death tube from Space-X, which is 100% funded by NASA

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
"Hmm so for this underground rescue operation should I ask the engineers from the tunnel building and mining company that I own, who assuredly have a confined-spaces rescue plan and response team, or should I ask the engineers from the company that builds spaceships that aren't qualified for human travel and keep blowing up?"

-Elon "smart guy" Musk

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Toady posted:

they were and there’s already a fuckton of legit news outlets covering it.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Toady posted:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Sagebrush posted:

lomarf i just noticed "first donor: Melon Eusk"

'me' lol

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Stereotype posted:

there is no such thing as an easy libel claim

guy’s a UK citizen tho

their libel laws are somethin else

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
isn't the burden of proof for slander/libel reversed in the UK? musk would have to prove the guy's a pedo otherwise he's guilty of libel

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Suspicious posted:

isn't the burden of proof for slander/libel reversed in the UK? musk would have to prove the guy's a pedo otherwise he's guilty of libel

lmao. that’d be a hoot to watch.

someone who can never admit he hosed up, having to put his money where his mouth is.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/christapeterso/status/1018604369023885312

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

elon why'd you delete your tweets you coward!

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Suspicious posted:

step one find a reason to sue him in quebec, where truth is not a defence to libel defamation if what you said was especially lovely

flakeloaf fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 16, 2018

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

that’s...actually a little troubling.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

technically it's defamation, libel is its own thing

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

it’s made of rocket parts

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

President Beep posted:

that’s...actually a little troubling.

agreed. "yeah, this guy fucks children, but that's no excuse for you to make people like him less!"

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

https://twitter.com/crushingbort/status/1018654434799308800?s=19