Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

elong must is just trying to save lives with his computer cars. he needs to save 60¢ per car to achieve this, so who cares if he singes a few babies that should be have carried spare 12V batteries?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

infernal machines posted:

your car is smouldering and licks of flame are beginning to shoot out from the undercarriage, your children are in the back seat. quickly take your 12v battery pack, remove the cover from the bumper, connect the battery to the auxiliary power terminal, and hope that enough of the car comes online to allow you to use the rear door handles.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

my nissan leaf was totaled by a drunk driver last week while it was parked. the accessories lost all power and i was still able to get my grocery store loyalty card out the next morning. thank you for making a car instead of an electric death cage, nissan

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Stereotype posted:

I'm pissed they made the new one look like a real car and not a weird giant insect

but it has CarPlay and radar cruise control and i’m a consumer piece of poo poo

but i’m probably gonna get another 2015 weird giant insect for dirt cheap

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

infernal machines posted:

i just saw one of those bmw i3s IRL. goddamn they're goofy looking.

also i think i may be living in a bourgie hood. there's a tesla model s, a volt, and that i3 all on my block

i work next to a company that manufactures electric car chargers, and they have “free samples” in their parking lot. so it’s convenient for commuting in an electric car and loling about electric car design

i see an i3 with the license plate “KIC GAS” every day and it just makes my morning

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Jonny 290 posted:

touchscreens in cars are bad and wrong but people will keep pawing at them so whatever

i think the selling points of apple CarPlay is you have standard APIs to use the physical knobs and buttons and Siri to control your phone, and since your car’s infotainment is just a passive display, it updates when your phone does. but you have to use siri and apple maps

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

all i know is with my dead nissan leaf and overcast and bluetooth, the “forward” button on the steering wheel is supposed to skip forward 30 seconds so I can ignore lovely subscription service ads, and it only worked 1/10 times. usually it would skip forward 30 seconds, play 5 seconds of audio, and go back to ad, so i always used my phones touch screen instead.

just like elon musc envisioned, except i never died in a tube

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Stereotype posted:

howd your leaf die?

my house‘s driveway is at the T of an intersection of two roads where people drive too fast too often. a drunk driver didn’t see the stop sign and continued into my driveway/car/fence/neighbor’s front yard$

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

creationist believer posted:

my house‘s driveway is at the T of an intersection of two roads where people drive too fast too often. a drunk driver didn’t see the stop sign and continued into my driveway/car/fence/neighbor’s front yard$

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Blue Train posted:

Jokes on you if you'd bought a Tesla you would have burned the guy to death

uhh but a tesla would have also melted my grocery store reward card

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Stereotype posted:

jeeeez sorry man

thanks

it’s a good reminder to have good insurance and not own elon msuk products

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

canyoneer posted:

just use your mom's landline like everyone else

i would have but i was 25 points away from saving 15¢/gallon at Shell

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/sta...5628221440?s=21

never know what weird poo poo 2018 will bring

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

elon just lashing out because no one even offered to let him keep one of the soccer kids

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

this is a good fit

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

elon (noted huge piece of poo poo) has gone full delorean and found a cocaine cartel to fund model 3 production

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

if i were the judge, id sentence him to 69 years in prison

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Rex-Goliath posted:

why the gently caress is that not registered as sicko or sickos?

it’s bad form to sign you’re posts in yospos

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

that depends on whether KSA takes spacex private

spacex more likely to get bought by KSP imo

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

what when my nissan's keyfob battery died, i could pull a regular mechanical key out of it to unlock the door, and hold it up to the start button to start my car (i guess there's a backup rfid chip in the key and sensor in the dash?) how is "keyfob battery dead and no internet connection/server down" not a scenario they planned for lol

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

if only tesla owners could lock themselves in their car with no internet connection or way to get out

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

most tesla owners are probably this guy anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nORv34CSYv0

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

C.H.O.M.E. posted:

thats just what i want, the car manufacturer monitoring how i drive the car i own and deciding that features should be turned off after i have purchased it, that's a good feature.

there are four essential freedoms that the drivers of cars should always have

freedom 0 is the freedom to drive the car however you wish

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

ty elon and op for this yosrenaissance

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

rip yospos

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

please don't forget to thank kevin for the pleasure, SEC

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

hobbesmaster posted:

from a moderator of that subreddit:

at least they used the yospos correct form of their/there

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Last Chance posted:

I hate him so much

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

thank you erlan musky for inventing the idea of people going to and living on mars

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

earth has been ruined by capitalists. what if we sent elon munk, richard bransen, and jebf bezzos to mars, and here's the kicker, hope that they survive?/

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Jimmy Carter posted:

So Ol' Musky has the tracklogs for his private jet hidden on FlightAware and the like.

Turns out that a bunch of Airplane Nerds put together a network of receivers that aggregate the ADS-B transmissions from airplanes, and their take is 'the data is broadcast, unencrypted in the open so we're not going to participate in something stupid when it doesn't do anything to actually improve security' so here's where you watch to see when he heads up to Burning Man for the weekend

am i reading this wrong or are you suggesting that aircraft in federal airspace should either not broadcast their position unencrypted or airplane nerds shouldn't record unencrypted broadcasts? It's a bigger safety concern that private sport pilots can know where other planes are including private corporate jets and carrier jets in relation to them in uncontrolled airspace than the fact that airplane nerds can log where elon munsk is

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

President Beep posted:

only if he tries to glass that creationist theme park in tennessee or w/e.

please don,t, Mr. President

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

fishmech posted:

What

The planes must broadcast properly, being in airspace is being in the public. There is no right to privacy.

Everyone is supposed to know where other planes are at all times, it prevents crashes

that was my question. my reading of jimmy carter's post was there was some kind of perceived privacy/security risk to ads-b being unencrypted and/or privately received/stored, either by jimmy or by the burning man people. but that undermines the purpose of ads-b

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Potato Salad posted:

Dropping in here to say that Elon has some bizarre theories on presumed innocence/guilt

Here we go: Elon is a magically enchanted cheesecloth made to look like a real boy

What? No, look, have you investigated whether he isn't an animatronic cheesecloth? gently caress, and you Twitter handle is @green_wise_doll

gently caress you man. You're not even concerned about looking into the truth at all. Your Twitter handle is @green_wise_doll

yeah that's the real problem with ol' musky

forensics club logical fallacies on twitter

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

lawns are a bourgeoisie cargo cult and terrible for local ecology and global environment

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

so if you tweet $tsla and tesla enough elon musk will call your boss.

digital age bloody mary loving sucks like everything in this modern hell

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

mega-genius elon "elon musky" musk is manipulating the price to $69.69

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Shaggar posted:

nope. without a profit motive theres no way you're going to get people to do work. the myth of the virtuous worker who works for the people is the most hilarious garbage ever.

building rockets and exploring space isn't work. i do it in kerbal space program for fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

i've met government and corporate workers who are working with a subject they are passionate about and would do for free (especially in scientific research fields). also i've met government and corporate workers who don't care about the subject of their job and are just running the clock and trying to do the least necessary to not get fired. maybe its not a government vs industry issue but a result of alienation of labor under a capitalist system?

«2 »