Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

PyPy posted:

Need gangtag thx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Jonah Galtberg posted:

part of me wonders whether 420 musk it is an insecurity thing or the sign of someone who knows he's hosed and is having a nervous breakdown

(its both)

Isn't the common theme here:

1: Famous/rich person acts unhinged
2: Consequences
3: Attribute all faults to the devil weed
4: Checks into rehab
5: All is forgiven

?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

ate all the Oreos posted:

chernobyl is in ukraine

For now

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol this owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HO2zVYB1TMc

loving lmao at their starting assumption that a delay of ~27s at an intersection is unacceptably high when 20-35s is your actual design goal to allow for things like "pedestrians crossing the street" and "slowing the gently caress down you maniac you can wait 27 seconds"

also jfc their "reservation system" for autonomous vehicles approaching intersections is hilarious and among other things assumes that no one is already waiting at the light on your approach

tho i'm a big fan of that graphic that shows the intersection with 6 lane approaches since they don't also include what that traffic load looks like for under "traditional" signalization since it probably operates at level of service A with delays less than 5s

At 1:46 the autonomous car blatantly runs a red light.

edit: actually happens through the entire video?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Older Audis are nice, new ones a meh.

This is one of my many favorite things about Ronin.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I'm sure Jaguar won't opt for scary predator eyes instead of the Thomas the tank engine eyes.

Either way that thing triggers a prey response in my lizard brain.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Also just lol the first time you drive that thing through gorilla country.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

LOL I love my Tesla but being forced to pay thousands of dollars for nonrefundable DLC I didn't want somehow doesn't sit right with me.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

The French use ÇÔBÔL

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Tesla sales director: People are complaining about getting stuck in their driveway while their car's firmware updates.
Elon: *cracks knuckles*

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Yeah but the Tesla is a lot more expensive and therefore has the right of way.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

For some reason his avatar is animated in the embedded tweet but not in the actual twit app.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I also enjoyed the part where he asked the DOT guys who coned off his car for the direct number for CHP instead of calling 911.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

That's funny because I've been calling all old men "Dad" since I was 15.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Bezos owns 20% of Rivian.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/29/amazon-reveals-20percent-stake-in-electric-vehicle-maker-rivian.html

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I have the open source accounting that Elon wants to see

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

I love the "Doesn't America do X in a humane manner?" Posts because.
A: I can't tell if they're serious
B: The answer is NO. It's always NO.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Pig carcass with a hat full of water balloons.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

*barehand catching projectile poop at 3AM*

"Can't wait to have a bunch more of these!"

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

All the replies to this tweet are disappearing.

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1602019186242363399?s=20&t=a-XO8cYl1vPCAR7CzGrEcw

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Aren't all the network cables at the NYSE required to be the same length to avoid giving a millisecond advantage to any of the automated trading platforms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

DaTroof posted:

aren't there commercial eeg devices now that can do this poo poo without trepanning

I remember seeing one at Epcot back in the 90's that let you play a skifree clone just by holding a metal bar and thinking "right" or "left".

Also I'm supposed to be getting some DBS implants in a few months, I should see if I can get an XBox controller upgrade.