Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

Cocoa Crispies posted:

"did I say $420 share price? I meant $4.20"

nah he would try $42.00 because douglas adams get the referance aren't i the cool ceo with these referances?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

What part of NEVER NOT POST did you miss?

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

iospace posted:

Also gently caress cars, ride a bike

not possible, do not want to ride a bike 1.5+ hours both ways to work in the morning, by 30 minute drive is enough and i do not have to worry about rain and fectal matter in the streets.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

i'm not seeing a report on the costs on cursory inspection but there are people claiming to be involved with the production saying that it was more expensive to reuse the SRBs than not because the nozzles and other critical systems were replaced with new equipment every flight and everything else had to go through an inspection process that was similar to just building the tube again

see: https://www.quora.com/Space-Shuttle-How-much-money-was-saved-by-reusing-the-Solid-Rocket-Boosters-SRBs-instead-of-making-them-disposable
but nobody cites anything

I mean there are ideas for big dumb rockets/boosters

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_dumb_booster

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Dragon_(rocket)

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

bringing in a qoute from AI eletric car thread

Warrior Princess posted:

I just bought a 2018 volt. I live in a forsaken land and had to drive 230 miles just to buy one. Got a fully loaded premier with an out-the-door cost of 34k. Tack on the incentive as a downpayment on a refinance in March and oh my god a 41k car for like 26k.

I don’t know how I lived without adaptive cruise before but I’m ruined now. As soon as I got home I had to play Electrician. The gfci outside was fried, so I replaced it last night. It took 11 hours to go from empty to full at 12amp 120v. There’s going to be a two month gap where I’m not making car payments now so I’ll use that money to install a level 2 charger.

I feel like a kid again in this thing. 0-30 in 2 seconds lmao.

honestly tesla should be less valuable then GM and not 6~ times the value.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

infernal machines posted:

there were a bunch of tweets showing water damage to the trunk area and missing screws/bolts in and around the wheel wells

maybe tesla can barrow some screws from nvidia and the 2080 line of cards?

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

The best part is: Other companies ARE using a lot of robots, but they also have better QA due to decades of lessons and are willing to stop the line to make process improvements to the robots.

Elon just hoped that you could slap robots in there and be done with it, yet every robotics company will tell you that robots add a layer of complexity that, while improving production flow, require careful QA and rigid process training.

and sometimes humans are just better are doing a few things then robots.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Combat Theory posted:

An overall 5 star rating in NHTSA is the absolute average in the premium segment. One could say it's a requirement for participation more than a note of excellence.

For those not getting the joke, lotus cars have aluminium rolling frames instead of self supporting bodies. You could in theory drive it as a naked aluminium bath tub

Less chance of catching fire then a tesla i suspect.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Jimmy Carter posted:

Current car is feeling unwell so I'm probably going to upgrade to an electric car since free charging at work and all the other standard electric car benefits. Too bad there's not many good alternatives to Tesla if you don't want to haul around a gas engine to use like 5% of the time.

Bolt interior is ripped from the Cruze and has basically no driving aids despite going into the 3rd year of production. New Audi and Jag have stupid-looking screens and rotary interfaces are universally poo poo. Nissan's range is mediocre, interior is ripped from the Versa, and the fast-charging plugs they use are constantly broken everywhere and probably going to lose out to the standard that literally the entire rest of the world is using. Honda somehow thinks people are going to buy a car with a 90-mile range. BMW i3 somehow shouldn't exist but does.

People at work who got a ☰ are either saying 'yeah it's a very fun car but the delivery experience was absolute poo poo because they're desperate and bringing in SolarCity people to process things' or 'lol the front USB ports didn't work so I rejected it and I'm waiting for the new VIN and the new delivery date'

What about the kia niro the often over looked hybrid/ev cuv?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kia_Niro

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

employers will write variously illegal contracts that you can try to violate if you think you'll have enough money to fight them.

also, specifically, a bunch of big tech firms including apple and google colluded to keep wages down and had agreements not to poach from each other.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2014/apr/24/apple-google-settle-antitrust-lawsuit-hiring-collusion

it would hurt profits, and we can't allow that.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Elysiume posted:

the katering show is so dang good

Get Krack!n is their other show and is pretty funny.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

President Beep posted:

gonna start a company and pay my workers 7.26 an hour. i'm basically like five karl marxes.

that is how the republicans say we don't need to raise the federal minium wage only 1.5 million americans are making that little money. so just ignore the fact that 120 million+ will see a wage increase if we go to 15 /hr.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Captain Foo posted:

just tweet at Elon telling him you want to short it

That might be interesting, twit elon on what the best way to short tesla is.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

sell stocks, buy bonds

Sell stock, sell bonds, buy bitcoin it can only go up in value.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

add the state of nevada to the list of entities suing tesla. they didn't pay their taxes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/finance/companies/tesla-sued-by-nevada-over-unpaid-taxes-for-workers-in-the-state/ar-BBOagK9

they paid their taxes they just sent them to a differant state. Just like they made people's model 3 and then sent/sold it to someone else. Its really just short sellers just trying to mess with tesla.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

so basically any more water then a californa desert during a drought is too much.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Truga posted:

bolt is a shitcar, like every other united states car

buy a leaf or a prius depending on your needs if you need a new car

leaf is crap, because it's battery ev, but it's a battery ev so you can be smug about yourself, and a prius works.

Look at the Kia niro, its neat and you can say gently caress you range anxiety.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

SardonicTyrant posted:

You can tell he's a real fan of the Souls game with how he designs his Teslas.

Are you sure its inspired by souls game and not battle toads turbo tunnel?

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Munkeymon posted:

doesn't filter out your posts tho :rip:

when the os bricks itself because it ran out of drive space because they updated maps, that will filter out his posts.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

fishmech posted:

California be driving 20 hours a day lol

need to be more like the japanese and just sleep at work, eat at work, and work at work.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

This is clearly the owners fault because autopilot gave him 0.7 seconds of notice and owner is probably a short seller so he can't be trusted.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

clearly user error, the error is living in non-californa desert during a drought.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

tesla: we can't figure out how to apply paint to cars, also the paint shop keeps exploding

you, a loving moron: actually it's a premium product

They have to save money so why not on paint, body, engineering?

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

President Beep posted:

in conclusion, tesla is a car of contrasts.

a contrast of poop and literally being on fire.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

We all know ELon is a narc for more gubberment loans and grants.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

weird photoshop but ok.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

exploded mummy posted:

Electrek’s Take

After playing around locking and unlocking my Model 3 for a few minutes, it looks like Model 3 simply doesn’t close the windows completely anymore.

but tesla like apple so BRAVE for taking such a bold move in distruping our mindsets on how a car should be made, and function.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

The problem is increasingly large amounts of seawater is being sourced for drinking water, and while desalinization is not large enough right now to be an issue, with inland fresh water being steadily depleted, its going to mean more desalinization in the future, with catastrophically exponential amounts of fresh water being sourced from the sea.

Its going to have an impact.

http://pacinst.org/publication/desal-marine-impacts/

also why not pump the excess exttra salty water to huge salt evaporation ponds so i can put salt on my popcorn?

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

So glad this national nightmare is over.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/30/business/tesla-factory-racism.html

new york times shocked, shocked, to find the tesla factory is full of racism

they just wanted musk to feel comfortable with his south african roots, by mirroring the show roots as closely as possible.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

meanwhile chevy couldn't sell the bolt and its a superior car to the tesla model 3 because it can run in the cold and wasn't built in a tent

oh well, time to sell more SUVs because thats literally all people will buy from american car companies

Bolt wasn't axed but the Volt was.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

trucker chat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkG4H2ZS_TE

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/zomgapocalypse/status/1072864199557160960

you know the system that drives your car?* it can't tell if it snowing if you're going faster than 50km/h

*the wipers use the forward camera rather than a rain sensor, because sure, why not?

it doesn't snow in california deserts during a historic drought so why test it else where?

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

https://www.wired.com/story/elon-musk-tesla-life-inside-gigafactory/

“Hey, buddy, this doesn’t work!” Musk shouted at the engineer, according to someone who heard the conversation. “Did you do this?”

The engineer was taken aback. He had never met Musk before. Musk didn’t even know the engineer’s name. The young man wasn’t certain what, exactly, Musk was asking him, or why he sounded so angry.

“You mean, program the robot?” the engineer said. “Or design that tool?”

“Did you loving do this?” Musk asked him.

“I’m not sure what you’re referring to?” the engineer replied apologetically.

“You’re a loving idiot!” Musk shouted back. “Get the gently caress out and don’t come back!”

The young engineer climbed over a low safety barrier and walked away. He was bewildered by what had just happened. The entire conversation had lasted less than a minute. A few moments later, his manager came over to say that he had been fired on Musk’s orders, according to two people with knowledge of the situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_oM2In1OTw

Man no wonder tesla doesn't want unions because poo poo like that wouldn't be accepted at all.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Better fit and finsh then a model 3.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

So much like BMW drivers they will never find out about this "easter egg"

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Powershift posted:

There are no-go zones in germany where everybody drives a coal-rolling diesel and the cops are afraid to go into.

You cann't roll black coal you can only roll the worse brown coal in germany because a tidal wave might happen and close down all nuke plants.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

jordan peterson is a tenured professor at canada's top university

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LqZdkkBDas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

Combat Theory posted:

i have watched this video and started liking the channel up until Natalie dunked corndogs into tea. Absolute Heresy.

ice tea or terrible english tea?