Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
movax
Aug 30, 2008

tesla engineering makes absolutely batshit insane decisions in their firm commitment to musky’s “not invented here syndrome”

they are the worst customer and will return hardware completely stripped / disassembled after they’re done figuring out how they can build it themselves at higher cost and worse functionality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

movax
Aug 30, 2008

prisoner of waffles posted:

I hope that 90% of the visiting HN crowd are just disgusted and slink away

and 10% are like, "this looks like way more fun," and join to become mid-tier shitposters

make them feel at home, start a thread discussing salary offers for L2 shitposters where all the numbers are inflated by at least 50%

movax
Aug 30, 2008

“yeah I went to a state school, did one internship and am getting $250K base, $150K RSUs, $50K poo poo-posting bonus and they’re sending someone over to my house nightly to blow me”

movax
Aug 30, 2008

hmm, yes, and then a thread about how to value startup equity

and another thread about how to claw back startup equity

I talked to a guy yesterday who complained about hiring “labor workers” who get paid $15/hr to do manual labor (warehouse), “don’t show up to work consistently”, etc — basically bitching about the millions of hourly labor workers. he had only ever worked “professional” jobs he said.

i hope the bay gets eaten by the sun

movax
Aug 30, 2008

"Huh, most places the 365 beejs per annum look good on paper but they contract them out to the lowest bidder (as long as their STI panel stays up to date). How are they doing, on a scale from 0 to 'extremely DSL'?"

the hn is coming from INSIDE the forums

movax
Aug 30, 2008

iospace posted:

So, I found this thread thanks to twitter, and I know this is an older post of yours, but as an EE, this scares the ever living gently caress out of me.

Please tell me they had some sort of protection that kept the superchargers from activating accidentally, like say if some kid touched the prongs.

are there enough of us for a stupid hardware thread? software doesn’t have a monopoly on morons

movax
Aug 30, 2008

movax posted:

are there enough of us for a stupid hardware thread? software doesn’t have a monopoly on morons

ill start — I didn’t test and shipped a hardware (rtl) bug to orbit that precluded the recovery of a satellite

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Death Chicken posted:

muskites incoming

shut it all down

movax
Aug 30, 2008

iospace is my alt

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Not a Children posted:

EE as well here, from my understanding, the chargers have the option of AC and DC output at varying levels adjustable on your model and charging needs. Software interlock apparently controls it, so you're not just gonna have kiddies tapping and zapping (I'd hope)

It's DC voltage so not quite as dangerous but lol @ the raw amount of wear and tear that much energy would put on off-the-shelf Li-ON battery assembly

the state of EV charging puts VHS vs Betamax vs Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD to shame

movax
Aug 30, 2008

what do superchargers do in the cold? do they preheat the battery?

movax
Aug 30, 2008

iospace posted:

What does your heart tell you.

there’s no way that it doesn’t throttle charge current until the battery is above 0C or so to avoid permanently damaging the cells

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Zamujasa posted:

Um, ok. But that just reminds me of some quote in some funny movie: "You made me bleed...my own blood!". Mentioning "HTTPS POST" is redundant, unless you are trying to impress some non-technical people

someone doesnt http get it
[/quote]

yospos: compressed sentences

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Schadenboner posted:

Well actually, the feature "AutoPilot" is in no way meant to provide self-driving capabilities and EOEVNOERNORVNOANAVUNARUNAERJFVNAAWEVOJSRHVAR

real talk, I rented a base model Corolla a few weeks ago and it had lane departure warning and adaptive cruise control and those things saved my life on a long-rear end drive across UT

all without slyly suggesting that it was in fact some kind of new-fangled AUTONOMY system

gently caress tesla

movax
Aug 30, 2008

President Beep posted:

or you could just use your goddamn eyballs.

i was falling asleep at the wheel and it covered my rear end because i'm a moron

movax
Aug 30, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

this is the most viral 219.css has ever been but i'm mostly mad the tweeter used the inferior amberpos

gently caress you buddy!

movax
Aug 30, 2008

movax
Aug 30, 2008

fart-powered cars posted:

if you think tesla has it bad, ohhh man. there are other connected cars (jeep) which have been demonstrably remote-rooted in really horrific ways. there's a bunch of poo poo coming out of china that was made by the Chinese company and Bosch/delphi/whoever and i guarantee you they don't do due diligence like we did. my point in general being that connected cars, privacy, security - these are industry wide issues and should be addressed

do we know each other?

movax
Aug 30, 2008

someone should post about the relationship between bosch / other t1 suppliers and tesla

movax
Aug 30, 2008

only did cars for a while tesla ruined my taste for it but i keep up a little bit. the china stuff is really interesting because they're making some really neat looking cars that look totally unsafe

not only do they look unsafe, pray that the results of software audits and functional safety assessments never become public

movax
Aug 30, 2008

I also think they tried to automate too much - at some point you have to pay humans to assemble your car in bulk, you can't cut out the middle man. musk is nothing if not an old-school factory baron

ding ding ding

some folks in the grey forum ev thread were talking about this point

movax
Aug 30, 2008

teledildonics qa tech itt, aha

iama teledildonics qa tech, ama

movax
Aug 30, 2008

infernal machines posted:

aren't they free for tesla owners, like, that's the whole gimmick?

only for non-peasant tesla owners I think

movax
Aug 30, 2008

I can’t believe musky has created something that has encouraged people to submit VINs found in the wild to a tracker in some kind of super autistic scavenger hunt

movax
Aug 30, 2008

mystes posted:

They could make a whole Tesla children's puzzle book. "Can you spot all 10 defects in this car?"

and is it one of those hosed up ones where they tell you there are 10 but really there are more and then you get yelled at as a child for not being thorough and detail orientated enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

movax
Aug 30, 2008

i am normal