Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Soldier of Fortran
May 2, 2009

creationist believer posted:

what when my nissan's keyfob battery died, i could pull a regular mechanical key out of it to unlock the door, and hold it up to the start button to start my car (i guess there's a backup rfid chip in the key and sensor in the dash?) how is "keyfob battery dead and no internet connection/server down" not a scenario they planned for lol

so the failure mode of the app, which behaves enough like a normal keyfob to get people to treat it like a keyfob, also happens to be the situation where the owner probably can't call for help? that's certainly a new way of endangering people...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU