Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

FrozenVent posted:

but yeah physical control supremacy for everything except like the setting submenu

give me those fighter jet MFD with the smart buttons on the sides

even the fighter jets have touch-screens now. :(

That said fighter jets are pretty good about letting you do whatever you need to do without taking your hands off the stick or throttle. Plus they have actual working autopilot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

i worked in child support services and there was a guy with $40k of child support back due. he thought we couldn't get to his bank account too. we zapped all $40k out of his account while he was on the phone mocking us. never owned someone harder.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

DELETE CASCADE posted:

that must have felt so amazing

One of the rare Ws in the business. we all crowded around the phone while it was happening, and then again to deliver the good news to the mom. she was in tears she was so happy. THATs what really feels good, telling someone "hey no big deal but we got the $40k your deadbeat ex-husband refused to pay, it'll be in your account tomorrow. Yes, really!" :)

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

FlapYoJacks posted:

how did the dead beat piece of poo poo react? :v:

he just hung up. never called him again.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Did they hit the 11'8" bridge?

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

apparently the local truck rental places specifically warn people about the bridge. and yet...

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1588538640401018880

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

i had to double-check it was really him. there are a ton of people copying his name/av right now

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

oops

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Qwertycoatl posted:

he should go onto the street and hand the first person he meets a bundle of documents

"congratulations you own twitter now"

i'm going to own twitter and make it so nobody can be mean to my posting friends.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

it's like that scene in The Rock where they steal all the VX gas, but one of the canisters breaks so they have to close the airlock with a guy stuck inside and watch through the window as the VX gas kills him.

except this time it's a tesla and burning to death instead of VX gas.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgRsMCriZJY&t=188s

3:10 if the timestamp doesn't work

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

my technical writer bros noooooooo

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

lol just another, different check mark. this is the brilliant creativity and problem-solving I've come to expect

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

what's the over/under on how many different types of checks there will be when twitter closes? I'm thinking ~12.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Beeftweeter posted:

elon: "if someone wants to make a million bot accounts, well, wouldn't a state actor have $8 million? well, yes. but here's the problem. they don't have a million credit cards, and they don't have a million phones. thats the actual kicker. there's no way to overcome that."

:goofy:

lmao

zero imagination. he's so dumb

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/jenniigalaxy/status/1591057569552142337

its true. try it yourself

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

that new head of legal is speedrunning an ftc investigation alright

can you copy the text plz?

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

thanks!

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

The_Franz posted:

lol at musk's reading comprehension

the tweet said that they sold the patents in 1923, not that it was discovered in 1923. what a dumbshit

detail oriented. add it to the list of things musk isn't.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

i’m praying that he tries to figure out what constitutes parody again tonight. he was hung up on it last night and the night before and i think is personally obsessed with it because this kind of free speech absolutism is the whole reason he spent 44b on the site. while this is going on his employees openly go against him and the site crumbles.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Pinterest Mom posted:

sixteen minute gap between those two posts.

first thing i noticed too. absolutely seething

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/SenMarkey/status/1591827463583453190

fight fight fight fight

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

i love how at every level musk is a bad manager. Indecisive, unfocused, overreactive, neurotic... the only thing he's good at is threatening people.

a funny undercurrent is his rehire strategy where he sends out an offer to someone he fired once already and then gives them 10 minutes to respond. he tried to rehire Parag Agrawal and gave him 6 minutes. shocking it didn't work.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Luigi Thirty posted:

Stephanie McMahon famously fired a writer, then called him up and fired him again because he didn’t beg for his job back

wow how did that not work?

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Endless Mike posted:

it was even worse than this. his response to getting fired (over the phone) was "okay" and he hung up. so she called back to make it clear that she fired him to which he said "okay" and hung up
]

The writer was Patrice O'Neal!? way to bury the lede.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

jack and parag are cowards for not sticking up for their employees/product.

(i know that's not a revelation or anything, I just wanted to get it off my chest)

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Cold on a Cob posted:

oh that reminds me

where did you hear/read this?

https://twitter.com/EricFrohnhoefer/status/1591829425024544769

hero engineer from twitter

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

it's going to get real grim when they start getting more cp than they can handle, which will be soon.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

no one ever talks about how bad that kid is at mowing a lawn.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1592542789379960834?s=20&t=LL_dkMOh_ZzCMFt-CQgRFQ

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

it makes sense because his dang company is for the birds!

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Beeftweeter posted:

i've never had a twitter account and i'm not about to start now, but i imagine since they have a couple thousand followers they get amplified in the replies and thus more visibility

that said i definitely think there's some conscious selection going on when he replies to the crazy libsoftiktok lady, no way he doesn't know who she is and what the account is about. some of the lesser-known ones i had no idea about (and honestly don't care really) but cspam in particular is real quick to point out that they're ultrachuds

oh he knows who she is alright

https://www.foxnews.com/media/elon-musk-slams-twitter-bias-libs-tik-tok-angers-taylor-lorenz

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

infernal machines posted:

"you guys know how to code, right?"

no. we just fired one of the best coders in the entire world.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

Slotducks posted:

There's still a smattering of bootlickers in the comments though. There's even a "realtesla" subreddit whose goal is to actively discuss tesla without impeding speech with having elons balls in the mouth of every poster.

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslainvestorsclub/

I like the opposite of realtesla, teslainvestorsclub, where NO bad news is allowed and you cannot criticize elon. Scroll through the sub and you wouldn't even know musk is running twitter right now.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

mystes posted:

I bet he's going to try to walk it back

i bet we can bully him into sticking to his guns and destroying twitter

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

same with me (all crypto spam). It's never been this bad.

you had one loving job my man.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

qirex posted:

I suspect paid promotion for individual comments and dms is his big idea and he needs payment infrastructure so he doesn’t have to pay apple and google 30% off the top

luckily implementing payment infrastructure is really easy. it's just data, after all...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

hehe

Only registered members can see post attachments!