Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

they didn't read any posts mlmp

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

let the record show that the "bitch" is implied
disagree bithc

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

that bitly goes to goatse.ru (which i have blocked at the router)
i'm just getting a musk article

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

atomicthumbs posted:

4chan found my phone number and address when I nominated the "Dogecoin" wikipedia article for deletion years ago. What do you think some musksniffer is going to do to me
they're not the same people??

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

hobbesmaster posted:

yospos isn’t paywalled though
it should always be imo

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

President Beep posted:

do ads pay per click or per view?
per infection

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

ate all the Oreos posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1040142708453457926

see, he's a wonderful philanthropist that's trying to save the world!!! :downs:
ah yes the affordable housing material brick, known for being an effective insulator

also a very common part of affordable housing: garages

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

SEC case has hit the docket

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

FAUXTON posted:

Someone link the complaint I need to read it
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/4950588-SEC-v-Elon-Musk.html

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Jabor posted:

it looks like his little "i'm not actually gonna settle" cost him an extra year off the board too, lol
ya but he's also turned this from a more quiet settlement into headline news, and what are the odds on him re-offending anytime soon?

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

fermun posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1026872652290379776
deleting the tweet wasn't part of the settlement, it seems
the settlement seems to care more about statements relating to whether he denied the allegation. would take a lot of work to remove all falsehoods ever presented from that account

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

i mean he does have a lot of experience with willful blindness
https://twitter.com/FT/status/1050077662000103425

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

ol qwerty bastard posted:

gently caress you, elon musk, and gently caress anyone who still defends you

yeah that's way too many hours a week

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

that would be a fun protest movement actually, everyone just go out and plant a loving tree wherever the gently caress you want.
they prefer the term guerrilla gardening

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

on a normal vehicle delivery does the odometer get reset in acceptance at point of delivery?

tesla continue their fuckups, but what's the leeway normally

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

thanks for the details, don't drive so wanted some context ty

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

agreed

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

https://twitter.com/Paul_M_Huettner/status/1101465585316188160

what a combo: promise a cheaper model in 3 years, and we're increasing the top speed of the model 3 ota

also wait
https://twitter.com/Paul_M_Huettner/status/1101474616055341057

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

full declaration is here: https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/6413257/Declaration-Motion-related.pdf

just in the second sentence there's a lie cuz he didn't found tesla right? he came in and elbowed out that original guy i thought?
love to start my defamation defense by going "yeah i googled the guy and location and figured proximity is enough", and then double-down by going "yeah i got private investigators involved later, and they insist i'm fine" yet lack any exhibits from said investigators
e: let's play how many layers of hearsay:

quote:

For instance, before August 28, 2018, Mr. Birchall informed me that the investigator reported that Mr. Unsworth met and began a relationship with his alleged Thai wife when she around twelve years old.

Wiggly Wayne DDS fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Sep 16, 2019

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

i don't see the advantage to his case by admitting to defaming the guy being a pedo before getting any private investigators involved. even if it were accurate according to them, he's admitted not having the facts at the point of defamation and based it off of googling the guy and location and tying them together. the case is dead before it hits his alleged evidence created after the issue was made. this is ignoring all of the repeated statements missing in that statement and only going by his word

although all of that was public before so i'm guessing you're going with "may as well admit we've got nothing and hope the other party runs out of money by pointing out every issue"

evilweasel posted:

also for those who are unaware, Elon did not write a single sentence of that declaration. the lawyers wrote it and told him to sign it.
but who wrote it is irrelevant after the statement got signed off, he's accepted the words as his own. embrace the comedy this filing is rather than leaning on mitigating the unmitigable
e: agreed that the declaration is a minor point but i've not seen the rest of the filings and want to sink my teeth into them now

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

is it mediation order day

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

i don't think the deposition grilling stuck
https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1202300294907826176

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Serious Hardware / Software Crap > YOSPOS > tesla thread: elon musk is a pedo guy

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

the complaint is really well written, but the circumstances for how the deal got forced to go head is glossed over by the thread imo. here's a rough timeframe leading up to the agreement being signed, then the segments i think are interesting but no one's talking much about (anywhere)

january: musk started quietly buying up twitter stock
03-14: musk ends up having ~5% of the shares, SEC regs mean this has to be disclosed by 03-24.
03-26: musk talks to Dorsey and Durban about joining the board of directors. then he tells Agrawal and Taylor that he has 3 options in mind: joining the board, taking twitter private or starting a competitor.
04-01: musk has ~9.1% of the shares
04-03: musk is offered a seat on the board of directors, accepts, letter of agreement is signed
04-04: musk discloses that he's now twitter's biggest shareholder and stock price jumps 27%. 112m twitter shares were traded between 03-24 and 04-04.
04-05: musk's seat on the board is made public
04-09: musk's seat on the board was about to become effective when he tells twitter he won't join the board now, he wants to buy the company

04-13: musk makes the $54.20 offer by letter, 54%/38% premium between when his shareholder status was public. threat is in the letter though: final offer if it isn't accepted he'll have to reconsider his position as shareholder
04-14: musk announces his offer publicly
04-15: twitter board approves a shareholder clause that in the event a shareholder hits 15% of all shares to offer heavily discounted shares to the other shareholders
04-16/19: musk makes tweets implying hostile tenders were on his mind
04-20: musk makes public that he has financing for buying twitter
04-21: musk gives a securities filing stating that the offer is no longer conditioned on financing or subject to due diligence
04-23: musk reiterates his intent to buy twitter to the board, says the terms are the best and final and threatens to take the offer to the stockholders directly if the board doesn't agree to his terms

04-24: musk delivers another letter about the $54.20 offer, repeats the threats, but now proposes a seller friendly merger to be signed by market open the next day. a draft agreement is sent across that includes no due diligence, and "intended to make this easy on all to get to a deal asap"

this is where twitter's legal team needs a raise because they then fill in all the mysteriously missing clauses overnight:
1. he wanted any hiring/firing to require his consent

2. they added in the very narrow circumstances for musk to escape claiming "company material adverse effect"

3. the specific performance aspects everyone's focused on

there's some other parts of this contract that come up later, for example:

all his statements of "well financing isn't happening, deal can't go ahead" doesn't matter to the contract he signed

but twitter did make sure to include clauses that he'd have to do his best to get financing even if it's from his own pocket:

one of my favourite sections is this though:

people make a big deal about the no due diligence clause... this is even worse. as far as financial paperwork effectively twitter only needs to give him sec filings or documents they have on-hand, no production...

the specific performance clause as interpreted by twitter's legal team:

this is the tesla thread though so i have a question:

so his "no further tsla shares after today" tweet then ... selling more shares. is that a thing the sec would care about?

here's some clipped parts covering the firehose access:

nevermind the finance side even on the data side he was only able to get a commercial license

not getting much airtime either:

and tying into the draft contract originally having him have the final say on hiring/firing...:

what would be left of twitter by now if that was left alone, and is this musk trying his best to manage?

Wiggly Wayne DDS fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 13, 2022

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Chalks posted:

so many screenshots but not one poop emoji
yeah that one's had a lot of airtime though

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

just_a_person posted:

Isn't the most hilarious option for Twitter stock to drop as much as possible so when Elon buys it the company is worthless (as it should be)?
the closer the stock price gets to $54.20 the more it reflects people's confidence he'll be forced to buy it - but if it turns out he's not forced to buy it but to cover the share price difference caused by his actions then twitter's stock price rising is good for him

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...r-a6679156.html

*looking at this gweilo dweeb asking me a favour* uhhh yeah that would be.... too much responsibility... yeah too much, bye
honorary chinese name?! no wonder he got refused. imagine the inverse happening

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

everyone (verified and twitter blue) now have blue checkmarks on my end

we're going to get different design schemes tested in prod until he gets less backlash huh

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

repeal section 230 :manning:
his actions with letting people pay him to self-certify for checkmarks with no vetting already did that :eightbux:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

:thejoke: jeez

it was a rallying cry on the right for quite a while
there's enough people acting like it's a shield for musk atm

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

psiox posted:

omg

this is really the funniest week of all time
and it's only friday

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

that new head of legal is speedrunning an ftc investigation alright
https://twitter.com/rj_gallagher/status/1591147571996921856

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Trillhouse posted:

can you copy the text plz?
New: Elon Musk's lawyer has sought to reassure Twitter employees they won't go to jail if the company is found in violation of a Federal Trade Commission decree that outlines steps Twitter must take to protect users’ personal data. With
@KurtWagner8
Also: We're told Musk laid off an entire information security team at Twitter that oversaw sharing of user data with advertisers & research partners, a move that triggered internal concerns about vulnerability to security threats & potential violations of FTC rules.
The move to scrap the six-person information security team was combined with layoffs of at least a dozen other employees working on security, privacy & compliance issues at the company, according to people familiar with the matter.
The laid off information security team was focused on third-party risk management & was responsible for providing security assurances to advertisers that work with Twitter & share data with the company.
The team also monitored Twitter’s sharing of user data with dozens of commercial partners & research orgs, some of whom have access to an interface that can be used to view non-public info about Twitter users, such as location data, IP addresses & unique device identifiers.
“The people at Twitter doing the checks on that access are simply not there anymore,” one of the people said, adding that the privacy & security of user data has been put at risk as a result.
These latest developments come after a chaotic week at Twitter that has seen the resignations of several senior executives, including the Chief Information Security Officer, Chief Privacy Officer & Chief Compliance Officer.

Full story: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-11-11/musk-lawyer-calms-twitter-staff-fearing-jail-risk-for-ftc-lapses

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

140k accounts to vet. given most of the mods are locked out of suspending it's no wonder they're removing the profile image and sending it up the chain

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

they're not vetting anything
ahem chasing reported impersonators, same thing given the clientele of twitter blue

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

is this good
https://twitter.com/McDanaIds/status/1590889930242535425

check out musk's deleted tweets here btw: https://polititweet.org/tweets?account=44196397&deleted=True

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

what a weird life it must be to create these staged videos and not even get any monetisation off of it