Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

obstipator posted:

what did he say

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1019472152796381185?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1019472152796381185

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Schadenboner posted:

But won't that absolutely gently caress their margins (or profit per unit, whatever it's called?) if the denominator fills up with unsalables?

:ssh:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

do Tesla’s even have the folding front seats like coupes? and if so does it only work with power because if not I’m gonna have to give the safety nod to coupes

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

so its like bluetooth or what

yeah but you can select what you want to listen to on Spotify on your nav screen instead of looking down at your phone

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

elon sucks rear end

bump

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

obstipator posted:

when elon called some dude a pedo without evidence, it was terrible and the worst.
but when u guys call elon a pedo without evidence, its cool and good
🤔

betcha a signed dollar it’s true

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

bump because elon musk sucks rear end

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

the Tesla whistleblower is hell dumping a bunch of poo poo that was going on at the gigafactory. check his Twitter

https://twitter.com/trippedover/status/1029837413265231872?s=21

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

what the gently caress

:tesla:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

GamemasterElon

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

christ is that thing gonna weight 8000lbs?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/wapnblog/status/1034505092689526784?s=21

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Silver Alicorn posted:

I think their stuff is catchy maybe but it makes me feel like I’m having a stroke, because it’s so close to English and or German but not quite

That’s just Dutch or Dutch-derived Afrikaans in general

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Malcolm XML posted:

they might be a meme company but there are some diamonds in that shitpile

:wrong:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Elon Musk su-

:yikes:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

iospace posted:

You can't "mass produce" cars and treat them like exotics. Exotics, sure, you can build after ordering, but there's a reason why car makers have moved to building mass amounts of cars and shipping them all over.

The big manufacturers all build to order. The difference is they have dealerships putting in the orders to fill out their inventories. Toyota doesn't just build a bunch of random crap without an order.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

infernal machines posted:

on the other hand, NHTSA gave it a five-star safety rating, so apparently you will be largely unharmed when it accelerates into a parked emergency vehicle

I was looking at nhtsas site to see what cars don’t have 5 star ratings and all I could find was like the Ford Fiesta which is 4 stars but is also like 2 sizes down from the model 3

the Honda Fit gets 5 stars tho :shrug:
so congrats to elong.

Baxate fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 20, 2018

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Jimmy Carter posted:

Current car is feeling unwell so I'm probably going to upgrade to an electric car since free charging at work and all the other standard electric car benefits. Too bad there's not many good alternatives to Tesla if you don't want to haul around a gas engine to use like 5% of the time.

Bolt interior is ripped from the Cruze and has basically no driving aids despite going into the 3rd year of production. New Audi and Jag have stupid-looking screens and rotary interfaces are universally poo poo. Nissan's range is mediocre, interior is ripped from the Versa, and the fast-charging plugs they use are constantly broken everywhere and probably going to lose out to the standard that literally the entire rest of the world is using. Honda somehow thinks people are going to buy a car with a 90-mile range. BMW i3 somehow shouldn't exist but does.

People at work who got a ☰ are either saying 'yeah it's a very fun car but the delivery experience was absolute poo poo because they're desperate and bringing in SolarCity people to process things' or 'lol the front USB ports didn't work so I rejected it and I'm waiting for the new VIN and the new delivery date'

the VW e-Golf seems really nice, but it has kind of a small battery (125mi range)

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Ah yes, shes the one that came over from EA and recently left Tesla after a leave of absence :thumbsup:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Broken Machine posted:

Do electric vehicles fare poorly in particularly cold climates, like Northern Michigan, Alaska etc? I'd imagine the batterly life and range would be a significant problem. Do they have trouble starting at low ambient temperatures?

That plus running the heat drains the battery

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

that and acts of god are covered by insurance generally

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he's not concerned with throughput because his actual goal is to create a service for the wealthy

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/941500121564332032

December 14 2017

ah now I see why he ran out of time to smooth over this half baked tunnel. still missed the anniversary of this tweet tho

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

is that one of the tweets he had on display last night?

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

FCKGW posted:

How the gently caress is anyone going to fit in the 3rd row???

https://twitter.com/Rikizimo/status/1106404972504051713

very carefully

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

MomJeans420 posted:

Tesla stock below 240, at a new 52-week low. Does anyone know how low it has to get before Elon gets a margin call?

word is that Kimbal will be margin called first if it stays below 250

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

even if they sell this insurance to all 400,000 tesla owners or whatever, at a reasonable rate most people pay for their regular cars of like $100/month and they pay out exactly $0 in claims this isn't going to come anywhere close to making a dent in their $900 million in losses per quarter.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

ShadowHawk posted:

Looked at the line of Teslas supercharging today and only half of them had front license plates (which are legally required in California).

Tesla sells new and used cars with the front plates purposefully removed to make them look cooler, then expects the customer to install it when their license plate arrives (or file a repair request to get it installed)

tbf this isn't unique to Tesla. Most of the BMWs, Audis, Mercedeses in the parking lot at my office don't have front plates either.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

with no attendants with their filthy hands pumping your gas at supercharger stations it’s never been a better time for a road trip

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Botha deez nuts

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

gotta say, i'm surprised the lawyer reviewing elon's tweets let those go through

:laugh:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

- losing the solar city shareholder lawsuit, or the very damaging evidence in there getting some actual coverage
- papering over the plant being closed half the quarter with claims of a quarterly profit being simply too bogus to swallow
- the ongoing doj, sec, or nhtsb investigations concluding with a damning public report of some sort
- a twitter not mad meltdown that goes beyond the pale, even for him and his supine board

just lol at the thought any of this matters

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

yeah i know :smithicide: i should have said that while i think those are the most likely triggers, i don't think any of them are that likely at all!

someone has been making very large way out of the money call option buys, which i first noticed early this year, maybe in a way that tricks the algo investors to follow suit. starting to get more coverage: https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/tsla-rockets-higher-again-someone-panic-buys-massively-otm-call-options

i mean, gaining billions in market cap when there's no news or even just bad news is v strange.

yeah for as long as fraud is legal in this country the stock is going to keep going up.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Trimson Grondag 3 posted:

i think the end would only come if production slips badly or plateus. we can bang on about how there hasn't been a CFO for three years or the SEC or whatever, but while there are still millions of ravening fuckwits out there desperate to buy the cars and they can meet some of that demand then the ship will keep sailing.

stock price was up during the 3 or so weeks Tesla was producing zero cars

even another EV company, Nikola, which has zero revenue and no production capability is worth $20 billion

the worst thing these companies can do is build cars

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

the plan from what I heard is to map out a geofences area with lidar and use that to do yet another auto pilot demo without the lidar and use that to say hey everyone level 5 is here!!!!

makes sense why they wouldn’t bother using the appropriate amount of sensors then

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

MomJeans420 posted:

drat someone said they had different bitcoin addresses listed for them and had compared them, but now that I checked it looks like Bill Gates and Musk at least had the same address for at least one tweet. I thought they got smart and used different wallet addresses for each person they hacked, but no need to do that when only the dumbest people around are going to fall for that.

As someone else said, you could have made a lot more money just shorting the stock and having Elon tweet something.

The person who calculated it may have been going off of timestamps from the tweets, I'm not sure. That address has now received over $100k

shorting puts the scammers money at risk. and as weve seen Elon can tweet the stupidest poo poo possible and the stock only goes up

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Personally I believe the bitcoin thing is a way for them to launder money out of China, but I don't think even musky is dumb enough to do that when China has the sort of power over them that they do.

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

lmao

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

I'd like to state the obvious and point out that Tesla still hasn't "done trucks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

when your mom posts embarrassing baby stories about you