Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Elon Musk's Mini-Sub 'Not Practical' for Thai Cave, According to Rescue Chief

lol no kidding

“With all due respect to Mr. Musk, I am not sure that he or his engineers have a real good handle on exactly what they’re dealing with in this particular situation,” Anmar Mirza from the National Speleological Society’s National Cave Rescue Commission recently told Slate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
the kids are rescued, everyone's packed up and gone home, elong musks sub just lying ignored in the cave waters like a discarded beer can

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

PleasureKevin posted:

wishing death on rich people, or as i call it class consciousness

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

https://twitter.com/brett68kriebel/status/1016686973346570241
https://twitter.com/HamsickAndBrush/status/1016687131643777025

lmao

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
good to see that betteridge's law is as relevant as ever

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
imagine poo poo talking the expert team that actually saved 13 people from a flooded cave because they didn't recognise your brilliant expertise in this field you just found out about two days ago

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
a lot of wealthy, powerful men are paedophiles. elon musk, known man of wealth and power, care to respond??

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
also, gently caress
https://i.imgur.com/FsddFCA.mp4

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
supposedly footage from the rescue of one of the boys. someone posted it in the ohsa thread in gbs

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
what is elon musk going to do with all these signed dollars. it is extremely worrying to me that he wants them so badly

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

the correct term is muskrat or, perhaps, muskox

uh it's musketeer

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

TimWinter posted:

Every time I read that my mind starts playing "Bazinga Boys" to the tune of The Venga Boys

woah woah
woah woah
bazinga boys are back in town

the tesla cars are coming
and everybody's jumping
new york to san fransisco
an intercity risk, oh
the steering wheel is turning
the batteries are burning
so if you value your body
get on out the ai's way

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he's selling flamethrowers to californians during wildfire season of course he doesn't give a poo poo about the environment

hmm, burning california to the groudn. elon musk... is good???

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Suspicious Dish posted:

lol i didnt see this https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1019471467304513537

"sex act with a mini-sub" lmao

lol this is the most constructed misunderstanding since an MP responded to someone tweeting her "get in the sea" with this
https://twitter.com/ThangamMP/status/753963842447761408
(she also called the police and contacted the university of the student who sent it)

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
lol are those tweets all real

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Sagebrush posted:

twitter delenda est

wrong twitter owns

i mean yeah twitter sucks. but seeing famous idiots being idiots on twitter owns

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
weird twitter is so passé, if elon wants to impress he needs to start making posts earnestly aimed at improving his community. constructive sincerity is the biggest troll of all these days

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
it's cool that in the past this kind of financial fraud required internal whistle blowers and intense, long-term investigations and so on to bring down company execs but now you can just go on twitter dot com forward slash mycrimes and it's all there

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
lmao at that azalea banks stuff, twitter is the greatest website in the world

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
hack the tesla

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

lmao

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i think pleasure kevin has it in him to be the next elon musk and i wish him all the best on his journey to online billionaire crybaby

stay safe pk, hope the crypto job works out and you can get out of there and back on your feet

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
sounds like a memorable lesson, v good teacher imo

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
this thread was good already but Xealous you have made it great, ty

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
looking forward to the influx of tesla nerds into yospos telling us why actually elon musj is the greatest, xealous is being paid by short shorts and we're bad idiots, ty atomicthumbs

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
yeah and otoh maybe more people reading about the insecure wireless stuff will generate content for the secfuck thread when twitterers

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
lowtax teams up the with muskman to finally deliver the donator spaceship drwaings, brought to you in association with spacex

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
lol at everything, i take back my previous sarcastic "ty atomicthumbs" and say sincerely, ty atomicthumbs

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

lol

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

prisoner of waffles posted:

special boy doesn't like yellow

greenpos is the official elon musk stylesheet

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i was thinking yesterday this thread was pretty much done but i guess i underestimated elon musk's genius once again

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Powershift posted:

At what temperature though

AT WHAT TEMPERATURE!?!?!?!?!?!

a gram of water at 0C somehow heated to 100C with no loss through evaporation etc. would weigh approx 5 picograms more, so weighing water is far less temperature dependent than measuring it by volume. otoh i doubt even the most yospos of yospos coffee thread enthusiasts are using their scales in a vacuum, so the additional air displaced by the greater volume of hot water would actually make the apparent weight less if your water is in an open container

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

President Beep posted:

on the other hand, ur posts do tend to suck the air out of the room...

everything i know about sucking i learned from your mum

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

redleader posted:

you can't say you have a word for a thing when your language is well known for inventing "new" words by simply concatenating a bunch of existing ones

looks like we got ourselves a neuwörterverzichter here lads

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
that driving would be ok and all, id be moderately impressed with the progress even if it's still pretty rough, if that were video of a research project still expected to be years from completion. that it's out in the wild on production vehicles that idiots can actually use on real roads is scary. aren't tesla claiming they'll have a car self drive coast to coast by the end of this year?

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
luv 2 go cross my completely ordinary local 12 lane 4-way intersection

the roads around where i live in north norway are mostly unmarked with no barriers, just wide enough for two vehicles to pass (or have passing places where that isn't possible). they're covered in ice 5-6 months a year, snow drifts and 60mph winds are common and moose and reindeer on the road are an everyday thing. the surfaces are bumpy and torn to poo poo cos everyone uses spiked tyres and/or snow chains. there are are tunnels everywhere and it's dark the majority of the winter. at the same time, Norway has the highest per capita uptake of electric vehicles of any country and there's a big tesla dealership in the nearest city, i see teslas on the roads every day

i dunno how many people actually use autopilot here, but i bet the winter is going to be a fun one for them

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
the answer is clearly a single term limit followed by execution for all public offices

e:

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

china has that cool idea where they execute you for government corruption

sure it's not a perfect system but that part is p cool
china stealing my ideas before they're even posted now

big scary monsters fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 2, 2018

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

making less vehicles yes, but also with over 7 times the employees per vehicle made per year

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1008013111058526209

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i love that the musk would have no trouble at all recruiting as many incels as he needed with a catchy term like that

you don't necessarily have to castrate your bold arean explorers, but you'd for sure want a mixed-sex crew to all be sterilised

mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Achmed Jones posted:

also pratchett was good at writing fun comedy stories, and asimov is only considered acceptable because the bar for science fiction is so incredibly low. like, he doesn’t have any women “impaling” themselves on dicks, but he definitely wrote a guy saying “magnificent” when his lover took off her shirt

asimov’s short stories are p good but his novels aren’t really worth anyone’s time except to see what the fuss is about

one of pratchett's early novels was a parody of ringworld called strata, a scifi story unrelated to Discworld but set on a strange kind of "disc world". i read it well before i'd even heard of niven, and when i came to read ringworld i felt like it was an inferior rip-off. i haven't read strata in a long time and being an early novel it was probably a little rough, but it's pretty fun and doesn't have any bad sex scenes or empty-headed women who boobily follow the hero around that i can remember