Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

why'd he just leave it in that cave then, seems like a waste

in case it happens again then hey, free child coffin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

there's three bedroom places around here, I mean one of the bedrooms was once a garage and the other was a closet but it counts

some of them [but not many] cost less than a million dollars!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

President Beep posted:

just gonna say that i'll laugh myself to death if this is elon's next stop on the meltdown express.

he 's a south african who tolerates use of that word on his factory floor that he performatively micromanages so it's pretty much a matter of time

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

the sierra club has been taken over by nimby olds and dc consultants, they're worse than useless now

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

weird how creepy internet stalker types can be pivoted into good acts if the topic is dorky enough

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

all this story needs now is a mysterious fire leading to an insurance claim

think of how long a lot of 5000 teslas would burn

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

my bitter bi rival posted:

all rich people are sex perverts, part 3462379382

most people are sex perverts, rich folks just get to actualize their weirdness, frequently in public

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

my bitter bi rival posted:

lol at thinking the law applies to rich people in america

not following proper reporting procedures is a crime against rich people though

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

"alpha" and "type A" are just excuses to put up with jerks and the secret-style self-motivation for said jerks to hype themselves up

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

geez maybe he should have not taken billions of dollars in other people’s money in investment and used his own wealth to fund his stupid vanity projects

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

PleasureKevin posted:

“get rich off other people’s money, not your own” is basically the first commandment of business

I know it’s just hilarious to see a literal billionaire complain about it since when you use other people’s money they tend to want a say about what you’re doing with it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

when was the last time actual air-to-air dogfight, vietnam?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

a single episode entourage remake that's just 22 minutes of the movie star getting his phone slapped out of his hand

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

that guy's whole tl is tesla stuff

ELON-SEMPAI PLEASE NOTICE ME

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

didn't another manufacturer get absolutely owned in a lawsuit over this exact issue?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

any real billionaire who still works at an actual job and isn't just a philanthropist, hobbyist or full time family person has brain worms

"I have enough money to do literally whatever I want until I die but I'm going to attend this 4 hour meeting because ~*mY lEgAcY*~"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Plank Walker posted:

not when that 4 hour meeting is your entire work week and you get to boss people around during it and can buy into the illusion that you're actually doing something to deserve making more money in an hour than the average person makes in a year

but at that point why are you even still bothering to performatively "earn" money? your money makes its own money

you could boss around your household staff or a bunch of sex workers or idk build a star trek bridge and hire actors to be your crew [and maybe also have sex with them] but gently caress why would you go and do actual business stuff? brain worms

I guess if your whole identity is "I'm a magic business genius" and you have no other life you'll just keep doing it but drat, wealth is wasted on the wealthy

qirex fucked around with this message at Aug 17, 2018 around 14:24

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

https://twitter.com/katienotopoulos...453586050854913

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if there weren't buckets of dumb money floating around it would be a lot harder to make money in the stock market

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

yeah options and margin trading were originally ways to do small scale hedging like I buy $100 mil of stock A but I get a $5 mil put option in case it goes to poo poo but then some coked out financial wizards in the 70s were like "hey what if the risky part was the whole investment???" and the rest is history

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

dragon enthusiast posted:

mike illitch paid rent for rosa parks until the day she died and told nobody about it

I saw an interview with a super wealthy guy a while back and while he was definitely a shitlord he had one good point that charity should be done anonymously because it's the only way to know you're not doing it for the recognition

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

mystes posted:

Ugh should I be more annoyed at Tesla or the people who buy expensive cars and then don't even care whether they work or not?

porque no los dos

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

fart simpson posted:

the car literally stopped working on the second day, but other than that it’s a great car

it really is the android of cars, "other than the bundled spyware and frequent crashes it Suits My Needs"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

we’ve reached the “insurance fraud” stage of the scam I see

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

is the assembly line going 30 miles an hour yet?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I love that in 2018 the ostensible ceo of an auto manufacturer literally doesn't know that welds need to cool

maybe he assumed the added airflow of his high speed assembly line would take care of it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

die ant world are bad but their fans are worse

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

when I first heard a$ap rocky I thought it was aesop rock doing some weird new persona because I am very white and very old

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

canibus raps about bitcoins now

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

fishmech posted:

wheres the picture anyway

I'm going to a classic hip hop night at a club soon, the crowd will probably be 70% middle aged white nerds so I'll be impossible to distinguish from any other pasty dude in glasses

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

you don't have to actually touch the mass of the sun to be instantly killed by it, coming pretty close will do the job

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

majority shareholders mask

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

"I'm working 20 hours a day and sleeping in the office but somehow I still have time to write long-winded emails to journalists filled with baseless accusations in order to cast the spotlight back on some dumbass poo poo I did months ago but I'm totally not mad"
- someone who is definitely not on a shitload of stimulants

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

anyone who thinks we’ll have level 3 or more cars in the next 2 years has never been in a meeting where moving a database pushes out the timeline 15 weeks

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I skipped two pages of this thread and y'all still getting shaggared

let's see what ol' musky is up to

quote:

Will be on @JoeRogan at 9:30pm Pacific on Thursday
that's some brand loving synergy right there

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

if chapo wasn’t racist they would have changed their name years ago

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Firefighters are investigating whether a Tesla vehicle found in the middle of a pile of burning debris caused a San Leandro metal yard to engulf in flames Friday afternoon. Alameda County Fire Department officials ordered a temporary shelter-in-place in San Leandro after responding to a fire at around 4 p.m. at Alco Iron & Metal headquarters near Davis Street and Doolittle in San Leandro. They said the fire was under control just before 6 p.m. Friday. Firefighters noticed the Tesla vehicle engulfed in flames in the middle debris pile, but said they are unsure if the vehicle caused the fire. The cause of the blaze was unknown. No injuries were reported Friday evening.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Lutha Mahtin posted:

also note in the LoL championship shot the stands are clearly very empty. even if he was sitting out there he could avoid all plebs

elon didn’t pay to go someone he knows’ company owns the box and let a bunch of nerds come, that’s how those work

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

hailthefish posted:

elon "elon musk" musk, like the rest of his loving SV ilk, doesn't believe in things like 'expertise', just inherent intelligence which can somehow be flawlessly, instantly brought to bear equally on any subject with immediate guaranteed success, and since he thinks he's always the smartest guy in the room, gently caress what any 'experts' might think

in popular culture I call this "magic smart powers" where characters in books/tv/movies who are smart are capable of literally anything, to the point that other characters will say things like "we can't try [thing], he's too smart for that to work" like tons of the folks we consider "smart" in our culture don't constantly fall for idiotic garbage like cryptocurrenncies, libertarianism or "limited edition" plastic figurines

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

prisoner of waffles posted:

if I could retain computer-toucher salary and some good computer-toucher-esque work while also becoming a researcher on organizational psychology and knowledge work, that'd be just peachy keen, I'd like that very much

yeah I took a few organizational psych courses and it's fascinating but the only way to make any money at it would be in consulting and basically helping companies be more evil [or just watching them ignore your good recommendations]

«2 »