Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Stereotype posted:

it is representing the currency with something that is a dumb prop and is legitimately worthless.

so completely appropriate then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

holy poo poo

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

what's his gbs username

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

refleks posted:

somebody post screens of all the deleted tweets plox.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

akadajet posted:

nice android lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

obstipator posted:

he shouldnt have apologized publicly. it makes him look like a pussy and its an admission of guilt

he is a pussy and guilty tho

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

well sure he says he hates unions and they kill workers rights but I don't think he really means it

-this brune guy, apparently

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I get it too, it sucks

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

amazing that the man can take time from his busy schedule of personally inventing electric vehicles and space travel to address the commoners on twitter

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

musks profile pic looks like something george zimmerman would use

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Seems like he wanted to get some head to me

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

one state wanted to use fentanyl to kill a guy and some anti death penalty group said it's never been used before and they shouldn't experiment on the guy. p sure fentanyl has a good history of killing people

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

George posted:

twitter has been a powerful tool for me to break out of my bubble and listen to marginalized voices but i understand that im doing it wrong

look at this guy who is too bigoted and bougie to read tgrs

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Why the gently caress are twitter threads not in chronological order? Useless

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

elon musk sucks and tesla is poo poo, tesla stans however are the fuckin worst

https://forums.tesla.com/forum/foru...-rear-door-exit

quote:

Just back from New York's Tesla showroom where they have an actual Model 3 to sit in and experience. I reserved one on day one, and am waiting for my email.
Took my wife who liked the car very much except, we were greatly disappointed after finding out that a rear door exit is only possible as long as there is power. It is hard to believe that Tesla would skimp on something as vital as a way to escape after an accident. Imagine sitting in the back next to your baby in their car seat and it happens, you must quickly exit, do you do as they suggest climb out through the trunk after finding the release, break the side glass with the tire iron you always have with you, then, what about your baby, even worse what if you were hit in the back blocking any possible exit that way?.
If they can charge thousands for options, even for the color of the paint. It seems unbelievable they cannot afford to include a mechanical door release into their back doors.

quote:

We don't really know how the car will react to an accident, maybe it's worth waiting for official collision testing to see how the rear doors will react.

quote:

Don't use the back seat then.

quote:

Front passengers can exit using the emergency releases, then they open the rear doors from outside.

quote:

Wow. Every two door car with more than two seats is more dangerous for the back seat passengers based on your ignorant post. Please cancel your order and get you fully refundable deposit back. If you are just here to stir up trouble change your forum name and come back in one week and post the same thing.

quote:

Model_D hits it on the nose.

Every two-door coupe, and vehicle with third-row seats, is apparently a deathtrap.

Sheesh, get a life people.

quote:

that's an interesting concept. You're essentially buying a sedan that, potentially, can have its exiting accommodations be reduced to that of a coupe in the case of an accident.

If a coupe can be sold as a safe vehicle, I don't see how any safety regulation entity would take issue with a sedan with at least the safe exit accommodations of a coupe.

Whether or not this is ideal, though, is certainly in the eyes of the reservation holder. No one's making you choose this car as your next vehicle.

I think what you mean to say, then, is that you WISH the car had the same exiting accommodations as most sedans do these days. However, we already know the Model 3 isn't trying to be your typical sedan, and just as many who have wished the Model 3 had a binnacle (since it's a recurring public opinion that it's "dangerous" to be glancing at the far right of the center screen while driving) will continue to be told, maybe the Model 3 just isn't the right car for you.

quote:

I'm with Frank and Model_D. Typically children would be in the back seat with child safety locks engaged, so the Model 3 situation is no different than that.

quote:

It would be a true edge-instance for a rear passenger to end up trapped back there. Lots of things would have to go wrong at the same time.

Could happen, but not particularly likely - I'd go so far as to say "decidedly unlikely"

quote:

Hold on people, there isn't enough information, this is a lot of speculation. Somebody with a M# run into a pole at 50 Mph and see if the rear door opens

quote:

Don't worry the fire department has tools to get the doors open even if there is no power or severe body damage prevents the door from moving.

quote:

I'm less worried about this to be honest. I expect it will be a safer car overall for all passengers in any situation. A perceived flaw like this doesn't overcome performance in crash testing, rollover, etc. You could die in any car any time, children included. Random unpreventable stuff happens. By that logic, it is safest not to drive at all. While that is extreme, I think the safety pros here will outweigh the cons, and I think the model X and S have proven that to be true so far.

quote:

Once again, this is NOT a problem at all. Already covered in multiple other threads. At the ridk of seeming mean or dismissive, please do not fault an electric car company for having faith in electricity for just about every function of the cars they build.

quote:

Ah, ha! In the document @Carl Thompson posted, a few pages after the note that doors can't be opened without 12 volt are the instructions for connecting an external 12 volt source. While it's *possible* these could also be damaged, it does give an additional option for powering enough to open the rear doors if needed.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

flakeloaf posted:

that sure is some text i read

tesla bad

Here's a summary: if you're worried about your kids burning to death in the backseat of your family sedan because the doors won't open in an accident just don't use the backseat or buy a different car you big oil shill

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Baxate posted:

do Tesla’s even have the folding front seats like coupes? and if so does it only work with power because if not I’m gonna have to give the safety nod to coupes

Doesn't look like it, back seats fold down to let you into the trunk which is the tasks-ordained method of allowing your frightened children to escape the thousand degree lithium fire

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

infernal machines posted:

fun fact: it's impossible to open the rear doors ~at all~ without power

Their suggestion is to carry a separate external 12v power pack to open the back doors in case of accident lol, and dude posted it as a gotcha to the guy saying they won't open without power

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

the only thing more explosive than his rockets is his rage

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

abigserve posted:

there would need to be some work, maybe some handshake over bluetooth that signals the phone "hey you in a vehicle now" and reconfigures the UI to have bigger buttons, and the car maker could still provide quality of life stuff like steering wheel volume controls etc.

It's already done. If you install android auto on the phone it allows you to select a Bluetooth connection that it will automatically run when connected to, the car controls will allow you to skip tracks in the music player control volume take calls etc, it looks like this

If you get a text message it will read it to you and you can reply by voice. You can dial by voice and play songs by voice etc

Blue Train fucked around with this message at Jul 25, 2018 around 02:00

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

my bitter bi rival posted:

it's called an aux cable, nerd.

phones don't have headphone jacks anymore grandpa

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Jokes on you if you'd bought a Tesla you would have burned the guy to death

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

if you ever want to listen to the radio

lol the radio is poo poo you hosed up

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

lmao

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

That's some trump tier retardation goddamn

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

qq bitch

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

polyester concept posted:

dont mean to defend elon itt but he's 47 and grimes is 30 which passes the creep formula, but just barely (age/2 + 7)

He went out of his way to find a thirty year old that looks fifteen tho

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

proclick

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Her performer name was chosen because at the time, MySpace allowed you to list three musical genres. She listed grime for all three, before knowing what grime music was.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

elon sucks rear end

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Never heard any of her poo poo, sounds like a kid too. Not looking good for elong

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

elon sucks rear end

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Suspicious Dish posted:

yes so his tweet is basically saying "GM went bankrupt, Ford didn't, that means Tesla has to exist" which uh i dont even know where to start on that one

and can only exist with him at the helm working the exact same way he just cried about in that bs article

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

welcome to the glorious future

https://twitter.com/ElonBachman/sta...562957392674816

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

mechanical keys are caveman poo poo, we're changing the world here

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I don't think they produce carbon monoxide unfortunately

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012