Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

one of the 152s i fly has a metal bar like that in the seat that you can feel.

so tesla has at least reached the level of seat comfort provided by a 40 year old small airplane where everything is built to minimize weight above all else

luxury vehicles

nah, that's when you're selling 100k+ luxobarges like bentleys or whatever. supercars are the one place where you can get away with making something that costs as much as a house and feels like riding in a coffin made out of a bathtub because you can say it's for performance reasons.

this is apparently the only picture on the internet of someone getting into a countach. i wonder why

thats how ray gets into his lambo too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

all hail musk for getting me to the baseball game at 65 mph

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

lets check in on this guy https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/95otw7/just_borrowed_232k_at_600mo_interest_to_buy_623/

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i read the south afrian elon musk like bushworld rick and morty

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm7BDbPh7Rh/

i remember reading something about how musk got caught in a lie about going straight home from some european meeting and he went to ireland for a day, and i guess he got mad

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

infernal machines posted:

you can still buy custom made parts for MGs here in north america. they're incredibly expensive because the only people buying them are wealthy boomers who collect terrible cars, but there's enough of a market for a cottage industry to survive. i think tesla would be similar assuming they don't salt the earth with some firmware thing that kills the cars, intentionally or otherwise

I think the problem is that they're just not collectible. Nobody's going to buy one for a million dollars in 2050 because they remember having sex in them for their first time, they aren't museum pieces, they aren't winning races, in fact you can't race them, and anything revolutionary they're doing is probably going to be mainstream in a decade (anything to do with the batteries, motors, dumbass center console screen). to bring it back to tech it's like any of the macs from the late 90s to now that nobody gives a poo poo about once the new model is out.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

there was another av finder that worked but it broke when CORS got added to SA, or something like that. and then it got taken down because whoever was running it didn't realize you could use an extension to block the origin in the request header

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

fishmech posted:

musk fans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

dream blunt rotation