Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

meatpotato posted:

hmm i'm 100% sure hn wiped out comments mentioning the 'pos and sa from their comments, there were some a few hours before (i ctrl-f'd) and now they're gone

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

imo don’t delete the tweet because then ole musky wins

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Shifty Pony posted:

I thought we all agreed not to talk about winpos in awful.app

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Foo Diddley posted:

friend of mine was telling me how he's getting a new tesla, and couldn't understand why i was laughing at him

looks like he's got p good odds of figuring it out when he gets the car

I saw this On my way home today and I’m p sure it’s your friend

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

akadajet posted:

i like the computer pun usernames

like tori cmos

but it doesn't guarantee a quality poster

I am living proof

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

oh also i regged for eve online and an automotive forum that wasn’t dominated by idiots

my old username was thanks a lot in Norwegian and after that it was something about a Star Wars parody from the same thread as ate all the Oreos

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

an artist has to eat too :shrug:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

prisoner of waffles posted:

also lol at shaming someone for garden variety "check out my soundcloud" in the hell age of personal brands and the gig economy

some folk gotta do it for their living, literally do not hate the player hate the game?!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Doom Mathematic posted:

Thanks, Azealia Banks. Thanks.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

atomicthumbs posted:

the lake is literally poisonous (mercury year-round and cyanobacteria blooms to spice it up during the summer) and the area's economy has been in continuous decline since the 90s; the lake used to be a major tourist destination but that stopped and the resort closed. the only remaining major industry is wine and most everything that's not a winery is either trailers or has burned down. most of the streets in the county seat, Clearlake, aren't paved.

but yes, I am still comparatively privileged, and I understand most people wouldn't be able to spend the summer living with their dad even in exchange for cutting firebreaks and being afraid of fires for the entire summer and having to wear a respirator to go outside for a subset of that

doesn't change the fact that my only in-person social interaction is with my dad and I can't afford gas money to go anywhere else, a timing belt, or a bed

☹️

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i seriously cant wait to play that fuckin game

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

syntaxrigger posted:

man I thought the discord died. I logged off a computer ago and don't remember the url.

there's a new one with around 24 of us in there nowadays, i dont know the details of the old one

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I’ve never met a nice South African

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

every time i see this phrase i youtube the song and it's stuck in my head for the rest of the day

Pham Nuwen posted:

and that's not bloody surprising, mun

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

it's very interesting to look at and compare bogans, rednecks, and boers/boeres, all of whom are lower class whites living in former british colonies. it's especially interesting to look at how close all of their political opinions are considering each group of idiots are on the other side of the world from each other

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:stonk:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

prisoner of waffles posted:

I wonder if there are any historians or sociologists with comparative works about how other imperial powers transitioned out of their colonial / imperial eras.

i believe france and spain lost most of their holdings through violence and portugal and the dutch didn't do much better, but yeah that would be super interesting to read about

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

President Beep posted:

big gash, but not totally destroyed. big disappointment overall. D+.

for a moment i thought you were talking about a different kind of gash

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Eminem was my favourite back when I was a kid

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

spankmeister posted:

imo KSP is an excellent way to get an intuitive understanding of orbital mechanics

ksp is the first single player game that I ever enjoyed playing

subnautica is the second

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

ksp was brilliant years ago, wonder what's happened to it

still remember the precise moment when everything about orbital physics finally clicked, and why relative maneuvers work the way they do [tho normal/antinormal burns are still loving perplexing to me as axes go, at least as far as understanding the result]

... long as i got some utility doing the actual MATH anyway, i can figure out the routes :v:

it’s very good and there are a lot of mods to help you calculate the important stuff like total delta v, required delta v for a given orbit, etc, plus the best mods let you make gently caress off huge rockets to get the parts for your massive space station up there to dock and assemble your massive as hell ship to go to the outer regions

I spent a lot of time setting up refueling stations around almost every planet with fuel miners on the surface to send fuel up to via special ships and what I’m saying here is my autism hit a critical mass playing that game

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

did they fix the ui so it actually scales. that game was basically unplayable even on a 2560x1600 monitor

works on my machine

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Shaggar posted:

its amazing that there are people out there who still think insurance is the problem. lol.

both are the problem

collective government bargaining with pharma and medical companies would yield things like "you're going to sell your poo poo at a reasonable price or you wont be selling your poo poo at all" like how almost every country in europe does it but conservatives are like WAHHHH THEY'LL RUN OFF TO INDIA QQ and not really think about the fact that if they are willing to run off to india to make a profit they dont give a flying gently caress about their workers

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i dont really mind working because it's nice to be busy, but working would be much more enjoyable if my life and my family's life werent dependent on me needing to work in order to survive

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

things the us needs to nationalize asap in no particular order:

-medical/health
-utilities
-cable/internet/telcom
-natural resources
-education
-public transportation/infrastructure

i've gotta be missing some stuff

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

graph posted:

Rural Broadband Now

reminder: the right hates the post office because it doesn't make them money

agreed

ah yeah

-housing
-fedex/ups/etc should be swallowed by usps

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Neito posted:

how long did this scarecrow take you to build, and who paid you to build it (since people only do things for money)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the usps should be a nationwide isp and also a consumer-level bank

maybe also cellphone towers too

i missed one!

nationalize the banks!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

all the lovely states that aren't on the coasts

Michigan will survive until the Great Lakes are dry from watering almonds in California

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Twerk from Home posted:

Chevy Bolt, but it's a lame subcompact car that Americans will never buy.

its very popular here in detroit

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

infernal machines posted:

"popular in detroit" may not be the most effective slogan

they do tend to buy cars that nobody else does, I saw a lot of those Cadillac ev's here too

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

I'm assuming it's employee/affiliate/former employee/family deals keeping FCA afloat at this point.

every Charger/grand Cherokee owner on the road in SE Michigan drives like massive cunts and the corporate culture at FCA is toxic as gently caress and full of shitheads so this is also what we determined

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I just see the r word as the new “idiot” but I can understand why people don’t like one over the other since it’s connotation isn’t as old

there are lots of ways to call someone stupid that are more colourful anyways

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

jit bull transpile posted:

lol. the concept of ableism is not difficult to grasp. how do internet people miss the point so badly?

like, are they actually secret racists who think being Asian is a disability?

it’s the crazy word they don’t like lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Shaggar posted:

yeah crazy is a pejorative term for someone with mental issues.

it’s insane imo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://imgur.com/gallery/24t3U5b

the swallowing has begun lmao

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

readbackmonkey549 pts13 min
I think it's more to do with the Chief Accounting Officer quitting after being there a month - usually that means an accounting problem.

Collapse
Huggitt17 via Android165 pts1s
You mean like being broke?

Collapse
ChrisMorray via Android79 pts1s
Yeah, it appears making your patents public long before their expiration and investing in saving the planet are not smart business decisions

lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:shobon: