Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
faux-intellectual electrification thought-leader and free speech absolutist increases share of Twitter to 14.88% so he can ban account tracking his private jet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

FAUXTON posted:

gone away is the blue bird, here to stay is the n word

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

upsidedown posted:

yospos > tesla: i use the vulnerability to get to plex

akadajet posted:

your gimmick sucks

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I enjoy that twitter shareholders are explicitly admitting they do not care about twitter's value to society at all (however minimal that may be now, but at least it might be a slim net positive unlike facebook and tiktok). They want to actively force it into the hands of someone who will definitely ruin it.

"We invested in this company to throw it in the garbage."

yes blah blah capitalism blah blah investor class, spare me; there are companies you can invest in because you think their output improves the world and everyone at twitter is petitioning a court that theirs isn't one lol

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

yummycheese posted:

must suck to believe your own bs for a while before finally realizing that your killing people
almost inevitable when you go from academic-only rockstar straight to head of something elon musk thinks is easy and has promised his customers will ship in the next six months

good job to whomever called this back at the start of the sabbatical

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Jonny 290 posted:

he wanted to get a trumplove cause 2024, but he couldnt keep his loving meme mouth shut so he burned that bridge too. now literally everybody on the planet left right and center hates him and he is trying to make "True." tweets to gain clicks so that he is diverted away from putting a 45 in his mouth and magdumping

his whole twitter buy was pivoted on "i'll unban donald trump" but now he burned it so he has no standing whatsoever. everybody on the planet hates him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz3PhWFhA3I
i'd actually be impressed by something musk did if he could magdump the entire thing into his mouth. 1911s are minimum seven rounds.

e: elon living to blow $40b would be way funnier imo

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 14, 2022

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I'm not sure about a similarly-sized company like Dell (which was also a unilateral process), but when Loblaws announced they were acquiring Shoppers the share price immediately went to the value stated in the agreement. If the Delaware chancery court orders specific performance then $TWTR will shoot up to the ordered purchase price immediately. I wonder if the judge will even save their decision until after market close...?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
the sowing/reaping tweet but it's Musk signing / Musk reading

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

FAUXTON posted:

Musk reading: OOOO FICK OOOO poo poo

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Tiny Timbs posted:

first gawker now Elon will this man never be sated????
if the four hour definitely real and legally actionable sex tape of him, Donald Trump and Hulk Hogan is any indication then no, he won't

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
hoping that set of photos somehow ends up in court

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

gschmidl posted:

Loved when Bezos was denied the Astronaut Wings for doing the lowest-effort stunt and had to buy replicas on Amazon.
this is funnier than egglon

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Agile Vector posted:

"weird, i don't remember this car being in my drive yester-"
John Carpenter's Christine but it's just a Tesla running their current build of FSD on public roads.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

rotor posted:

please do not reveal my patented sex moves

im thinking of making it my "Main move" , to buy a huge lot of bitcoins and have the worst returns of my life right after

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

lmao since i adblock pretty much everything i had no idea vw had a star war tie-in. heres the real ad for anyone interested

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrxrygxn2cI

yeah, tesla's hosed
they should have had the jawas outside banging on a Tesla with wrenches because the door handles wouldn't pop out

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
it is 100% ok to body-shame elon musk

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
iirc both google founders have hosed around and found out to some degree, but it's also not hard to imagine how someone dissatisfied and angry with their current partner would fall for the world's richest* flim-flammer

the real question is could she continue to consent when elon is whiter than a flash grenade

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol what would be the impact on Tesla if it was straight up shadowbanned from any Google search results?
google finally getting the 00's Microsoft trial it deserves, or elon trying to buy Yandex and getting put on the entity list

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Crooked Melania cheating with Elon is the supermarket rag timeline we deserve.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
it's going to be so loving funny when elon is down $44bn and becomes a 24/7 reply guy

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
My friend in SF always used to tell me reality was way more absurd than Silicon Valley made it out to be, and Tres Commas With Exploding Glass encapsulates that perfectly.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

in a well actually posted:

edward teller’s grandson lol
OMG :laugh:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

in nyc you can hail a regular cab through the uber/lyft app and sometimes it's significantly cheaper but most of the time uber/lyft is $2-3 less

calling a dispatcher is nearly worthless though because they'll either say a) they don't know if there are any cars in that area or b) there's a ton just hail one

and then hang up, natch
Uber used to have cab service in my town but I haven't used their app since I had a Windows phone. Lyft doesn't have that functionality, but they also let me book a ride to the airport at 5AM when taxis and transit were all useless.

Sure, the driver was pilled, but it's not like half the cabbies who stay up all night listening to talk radio aren't either.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

FilthyImp posted:

He literally said something like "ignore first 100 users on my follow list, then check every 10th user for bot"

Bing bong so simple
and then somehow blew through more API calls than God

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
a pathetic attempt at self-deprecation / pity-me so the cult will fluff his ego

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Agile Vector posted:

idk, seems like this cosplay of "ed-209 as a truck" is pretty good for cardboard and gaffer's tape
ED-209's IFF was way better than Tesla's FSD.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

UCS Hellmaker posted:

I think almost any steel casting would need heat treating but everything I dealt with was exotic alloys or D2 tool steel.
lol
https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/tesla-bets-aluminum-casting-german-plant

Its aluminum so oh my god I know the main issue, its getting to cold to fast and cracks like a loving bitch. And if they dont have the impurities and humidity controlled it will absolutely get voids in it.

And the idea they will ship it to the US is more lol, shipping costs then transport to the factory MASSIVELY outweight any benefit or cost reduction they could have. All those parts that are marked as unusable are literally only good to either test with for destruction tests, or to use as recyclable material which they likely cant do on site because the equipment wont work right.

I bet part of it is they keep the drat system to cold or shut it down to save power and money, which would absolutely gently caress with the production of good castings.
lol if they start shipping bad casts over the Atlantic when US and Canadian producers will fight tooth and nail to sell them more aluminium to gently caress up

NoneMoreNegative posted:

it's so mental it should have a gold fringe.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Foolmobile

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

The_Franz posted:

if it splits and the bubble keeps inflating so that the post-split price is where it is now, tesla will have a valuation higher than the gdp of france and be a $900 stock with an EPS of less than $1
gotta pay for twitter somehow

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
tbf every shareholder proposal at every company i've ever had shares to vote with was opposed by the board but that's literally the lowest bar

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Chris Knight posted:

dilute! dilute! dilute! ok!

gimme dilute! gimme dilute! gimme dilute!

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Bone Crimes posted:

Uh, these snippets from Twitter's response seem like one of the claims is made based on Musk's team use of a third party bot-detection tool, like a free one on the web? Is that real? I thought Musk was bragging about a top-flite team of data scientists that were going to prove poo poo with their own algos and models. If that's all there is, wow.
I know sabbatical-then-quit is a career pattern at Tesla, but lol if Elon called Andrej Karpathy about coming back to do the bot detection and that's what convinced him to go for the high jump

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Grace Baiting posted:

same, also peter thiel too
i may or may not have a copy of this sextape, tmz hit me up

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

NFX posted:

big lidar is out to get poor elon
is that his latest excuse for his extremely high albedo

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
My dad was insistent that specific performance would never be ordered and that Twitter was going to be awarded damages matching the gap between the share price and the purchase price. What would indicate one over the other to a judge?

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I'd get on a 737 MAX before I got on a vactrain, let alone a vactrain built with Tesla QC.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Twitter has also been making their site deliberately difficult to read without an account, to the point of defeating uBlock / uMatrix to pop up the login / create account prompt. Even instagram just breaks if you scroll too far with those enabled.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
FSD makes decisions like it has amphetamine psychosis; maybe the glass is a consumable.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Wild EEPROM posted:

lets talk about which companies you would actually trust with a self driving car if they made one

ill start: zojirushi
Raytheon can hit terrorists with a Slap Chop from miles away and I'd still be nervous letting it drive.

Maybe Porsche because the 919 is our best proof the XCOM initiative is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Ultraklystron posted:

Into borrowed offspring. He has found a mom who is willing to endanger their children the behest of an internet stranger.
Brüno: and how ist your baby mit lit phosphorus

Mom: oh he loves it