Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
musk does have a lot of recent experience with running a business under water

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
yeah i saw that article too. the comments are great.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

George posted:

twitter has been a powerful tool for me to break out of my bubble and listen to marginalized voices but i understand that im doing it wrong

that doesn't sound fun at all

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i know, reddit, but what a goddamn attention whore

it's not working tho

pretty good statistical analysis of musky sentiment over time and across subreddits: https://hackernoon.com/the-internet-is-changing-its-mind-about-elon-musk-4af75b292135

spoiler, he's a piece of poo poo!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i thought you were joking but it throttles in under 3 minutes holy poo poo lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJT4OtufDss

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
what sort of mental illness would get you institutionalized to a tesla sales centre yikes.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

infernal machines posted:

lol no. unless you plan to throw it in a lake after your battery life drops off a cliff in the second year

i know like 30 people who drive nissans leaf and every single one of them leases.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i tried that at first but living in toronto has broken my brain

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

The situation became further confused when Musk's account tweeted "Good Morning" with a smiley-face emoji at about 1:30 p.m. ET. In addition, some observers said the number "420" is associated with marijuana.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
am i crazy or is it simply unremarkable the dude is waiting over a year for a repair.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

did you snag :badass: ?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
lol my teammate's vin is in those lists. i'll keep y'all updated.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
someone make a tesla death pool thread like we had for bbry. i'd do it but i'm busy and just the ideas guy anyway.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
hell of good poo poo, op.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
lmao at least the sales side is going we-

quote:

This “owner adviser” says he left a job paying $150,000 a year for a Tesla base salary of $34,000, with Tesla execs promising enough in annual commissions to match his previous salary. He soon learned that would never happen, because Tesla keeps moving the goal posts.

“I had a friend who killed it — her commission check was going to be $42,000,” he says. “They said, ‘Just kidding. You missed [your goal]. It’s going to be $4,000 for the year.’”

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
as yospos' token google engineer i can confirm there are lots of stupid ones

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Silver Alicorn posted:

I wish it wasn't

my clash royale clan is named alicorns ftw because it was founded by my coworker's 9 year old girl :3:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
the thing that got me about those people who tracked the tail number on his jet is that he went to ireland to the game of thrones set. like, is that something billionaires do? "oh hey producer man my kid wants to see the naked actresses will you give us a tour if we show up next week sometime?" do they just slide the dude some cash like a bouncer? it's ridiculous.

also atomicthumbs is cool attribution is dead hail satan

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
til the model 3 has not passed safety or licensing or whatever is required in order to be sold in the eu. i bet it's the missing instrument panel.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
so did mr fart cars get headshotted by elon's lawyers yet or what? :ohdear:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
so elong is against raising equity but has diluted the total by 5% this year just through compensation

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
so if on the week musky hit 5000 cars made 4300 of them weren't suitable for sale why were they even able to claim the 5000 number? it's not relevant to anything!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
here's the complaint: https://www.dropbox.com/s/dml9bxz4rohzzbo/Left%20v.%20Tesla%2018-05463.pdf?dl=0

seems pretty straightforward to me. he said something material when he knew it wasn't true, stock price changed, it's his fault.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
popehat killin it

quote:

If aliens grabbed some rando popped-collar douchebro off of a frathouse roof, Uplifted his brain, and handed him a billion dollars, they'd wind up with Elon Musk, a furiously rich, frighteningly smart visionary and ambulatory Ed Hardy shirt. The wisdom-dump-statted Musk has been terrifying Tesla shareholders by careening from one bizarre antic after another. It might be said of him that we are all constantly called upon to hold his beer.
lol

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Sagebrush posted:

Lol if u don't already have an oxyacetylene rig you just haul into the kitchen whenever u need to sear things

reading you're posts is all the sere i need thx

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
$420 is funny but even funnier to me is the head of investor relations being literally hung out to dry

quote:

52. After Tesla’s head of Investor Relations received another inquiry from another
investment bank research analyst at approximately 7:20 PM EDT, he asked whether the analyst
had read Tesla’s “official blog post on this topic.” The analyst responded, “I did. Nothing on
funding though?” The head of Investor Relations replied, “The very first tweet simply
mentioned ‘Funding secured’ which means there is a firm offer. Elon did not disclose details of
who the buyer is.” The analyst then asked, “Firm offer means there is a commitment letter or is
this a verbal agreement?” The head of Investor Relations responded, “I actually don’t know, but
I would assume that given we went full-on public with this, the offer is as firm as it gets.”

they didn't now poo poo.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
loving the 'nuke your own settlement' angle. does he think he's gonna beat those charges? does he think that if he doesn't beat them the consequence will be less than what he had negotiated? does he think he'll be able to settle later for a better deal? did he just not think that far ahead and ignored the lawyers he has to do that for him?

wtf is going on in that addled brain i need to know.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
i got a yet another litigation doc hold notice last week over a patent for "sending a message that has an emoji using a cell phone." most software patents really are beyond the pale.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Beamed posted:

this isn't the thread for it but tbh this is way better to read than the 400th "grahms weed" joke

look, 19 more of these and it'll be a really good 420 weed gram joke just vie us a few weeks ok

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
[quote="Combat Theory" post="488551936"]
from the same series
/quote]

nerdy grade 8 me had this one of the enterprise in my bedroom

always bugged me that the strut to the port nacelle was some W shape rather than a simple curve like it obviously ought to be. :fishmech:

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

wow, what a pedo

sir this is the elon must funy thr - oh wait

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

ate all the Oreos posted:

there doesn't appear to be any mention of cooling either. you can't do that through any of the heat shielding because it's... heat shielding, which is why the space shuttle needed to open up its bay doors immediately after reaching orbit.

thermal equilibrium in space is really neat and i learned a lot about it when the parker solar probe launched last month. with no convection and no conduction you're basically managing it all through infrared radiation which is a function of temperature to the gd fourth power.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

FMguru posted:

operates exactly one (1) factory that isnt even producing at the same level it was a decade ago when it made light trucks and crossovers for toyota and gm

making less vehicles yes, but also with over 7 times the employees per vehicle made per year

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

prisoner of waffles posted:

only the finest, most unsourcedest of quotes for me, please

*stannis voice* FEWER

sorry sorry lesser vehicles. yeesh

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

bob dobbs is dead posted:

you can take a short position w/o the naked short you're talkin about

but also do never trade individual stocks or options

my buddy and i always joke of shorting snap since the shares aren't even shares and they're obviously run by a kalanick wannabe.

anyways he texts me to say he drunkenly shorted snap before one of their quarterly days for 30k. checked to see how much he was up after they bombed then realized he had drunkenly picked SANP instead, which coincidentally had announced an increased dividend and was up like 20% lmao.

that's my story of how degenerate you have to be to gently caress around with individual stocks.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

"our employee buddy who got me this sweet gig is so unmanageable and self-centred that our only possible options are to either fire him or surrender completely as he drags our shareholders and investors on Elons Wild Ride"

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

yippee cahier posted:

how long will it take for nickel and diming warranty coverage to translate to increased insurance prices?

isn't tesla insurance already like double the rate for comparably priced cars?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

he's extremely not mad at no longer being chairman, i think

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
like, he wouldn't even have an ldap. how could it even possibly work, just of his email? incredible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
new yorker is really good actually,for political reporting. just ignore all the stuff about art and tennis.