Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

mystes posted:

They should have just called it WHEEL since that's apparently what they like too reinvent poorly.

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

infernal machines posted:

poe's law and also no, there isn't, just don't do that because it encourages exactly the wrong kind of hilarious one-upmanship

that's a pretty drat succinct way of putting it

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

President Beep posted:

yeah, it does make sense. reflecting on my post, i'd hate to have someone take that seriously, nor do i want to even begin to steer things in that direction.

the nice thing is the thought of somebody learning and reflecting on it more by reading this interaction :o so gj for being thoughtful instead of defensive

good qualities we shouldn't expect any time soon from professional grifter melon husk

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Captain Foo posted:

seinfeld's really going for that asian market now, huh

thespians on trains having tea (in taiwan)

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

i'm sure an ops team like that has only the best controls in place for the ota vehicle flashing network that lets them push out firmware to your ABS brakes

this is the scariest sentence i've read in weeks

not that it wasn't already known before but :drat:

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Cocoa Crispies posted:

"Tesla: sucks to your rear end car" mods

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

flakeloaf posted:

sounds like a conductor problem

lmao

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
or elon builds a dumb brotherhood of steel-type thing with that kinda superweapon

come to think of it a bunch of tesla dorks in badly-functioning power armor sounds pretty on-brand

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
latest z0ne is extremely this thread
https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1067920297179926530

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

aardvaard posted:

here i got you half way there

got a good reason
for takin' the tunnel route out

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Sagebrush posted:

i wonder if it's better to know the instantaneous velocity and closure rate of the car ahead, or the driver's intent (am i pressing the brake, or just absentmindedly letting off the gas?)

why do you think felon's trying to get everyone to sign up for brain chips

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
imagine being trapped in a post-mortem virtual hell where you're just driving forever in a simulation that maps to reality so you can chauffeur drunken college kids until such time as you're compacted and recycled

on the next black mirror

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
poo poo i should really play those

all i know about that series is that it believes in living mas (dumb image redacted as it is too huge)

presumably your post-mortem consciousness would get a big speech from virtual elon that your corporeal self with rights consented to this before turning you loose to take out emergency vehicles

psiox fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 21, 2019

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Plank Walker posted:

like why bother inventing the tech to plug a dead person's brain into a driverless car when you can give an alive person an xbox controller and $5 bucks an hour to do the same thing

Now! That's What I Call Shareholder Value

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

humans can also intuit the complex relationships between various vehicles and pedestrians

arguably one of the main ways people get into serious crashes is when they misjudge something like that, like say speeding down an unoccupied lane in traffic without realizing that other cars might easily pull out and use the same lane

another thing humans can do is judge how to behave on an unfamiliar roadway that's missing things like pavement markings or signage, or even conflicting markings like what might be seen in a construction area

b-but non-laboratory conditions void warranties, just use as intended for heated indoor conveyance (or in tunnel if death doesn't come quickly enough)

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

yessss

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
then again, an all-volunteer ablative bazinga spaceforce could lower costs dramatically

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Silver Alicorn posted:

is it normal for 1/3 of the garage to be devoted to kids toys

where do /you/ store the talismans of bought affection after they start to pile up?!

fake edit: probably too harsh on tesla owners/the rich possibly idk

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

mystes posted:

No of course not. It's a slightly modified version of the description of "sword katas" in the movie highlander.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

graph posted:

you smell like a roll of nickels

still lol

right up there with 'your shirt look like a dishrag'

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Truga posted:

yeah he was from the naziverse lmao

we were in that universe the whole time

:blackmirror:

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Agile Vector posted:

supremely agree. the show is alright as long as someone else is in the frame and he tries to act normal

it's true, orville is very good

best trek since enterprise

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

that's not true and I have proof

elon and the sexy SEC agent roleplay, eh

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
someone please reassure me that my Seattle tax dollars won't be paying for that bullshit

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
is there anyone that's tried vinyl and /hasn't/ thought that fabric is preferable?

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
lmbo

I have a jacket I like made of 'vegan' leather and it's neat but I can't imagine how awful it'd be to sit on during a hot summer

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
where the hell are the cars with the denim interiors

jars

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

:elongate:

i kinda like that look on everything but the dash/wheel, which makes me suspect brainworms

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90AITvzAyEQ

"Yeah, I used to get stoned. A few years back, I was pretty down. I had just started this job, and my plugs weren't taking, my parents were brutally murdered, and I was fat. So I turned to pot hoping it would solve all my problems. But you know something? The only thing it fixed was my life."

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

what do you mean scam? i am legitimately selling a product with identical functionality to tesla's FSD

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Chris Knight posted:

now you're granny driving, not double FSD bumpin like you should

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
better off ted was so ahead of its time

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
cool myspace photo

imagining elon thirstily commenting

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
sorry for funny billionaire dot acrylic on canvas but this turned up on a tumblr i like

pairs well with 'every breath you take'

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
must kinda suck though to grow up and realize that people were making fun of your name on day 0

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
how long until musk opens up a cannabis operation and has his own musky strains to court the braindead joe rogan crowd

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
ham sandwiches are objectively less problematic than many of the guests rogan has loaned a platform to

and i don't even particularly like ham

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Shaggar posted:

it wasn't convincing at all unless you're grasping at straws for a reason to hate the book after discovering osc is a chud.

hard to blame people for the impulse though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
> hang firetruck poster on brick wall