Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Grimey Drawer

i saw a tesla model s in the wild in michigan the other day and it looked like a lot of fun. the dude was pulling into the same liquor store as me and i asked him about it and he said it never gets old.

welp thats my tesla story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Grimey Drawer

middle school job checking in

wasn't bad @ $4.15/hr

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Grimey Drawer

President Beep posted:

heh. 4.25 here. minimum wage at the time

it was 4.15 when i started. i got bumped to 4.25 when minimum wage was raised a whole dime.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Grimey Drawer

fart simpson posted:

i didnt make that much until i graduated college lol

in 1998-2001 i worked for a little caesars and they paid $8/hr with (not great) health benefits and college tuition reimbursement.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Grimey Drawer

President Beep posted:

goddamn. that college tuition reimbursement thing in particular seems very good for a fast food dealio.

yeah. i mean the college tuition reimbursement had to be "related to your job" which was easy to do because if it was related to any of your core basic studies like math, english, etc. it was easy to justify because well math = money, english = customer service, and so forth.

graph posted:

the illitches are some of the lesser-bad rich people

mike illitch was the heart and soul of detroit for a long time. he would randomly give his luxury suite boxes at comerica park (where the detroit tigers play, which he also owned) to a store and let the employees do whatever they wanted, when he wasn't using it. it was always a nice little thing.

some of the members of his family i've met were lovely, like his brother, who would come into random stores and demand free poo poo, then try to fire people when he didn't get his way, which he didn't have the power to do.

we would get faxes sent to the store telling us not to listen to X and Y illitch and to call the main office when they showed up.

also a cool story: at the top of the fox theatre (venue, but also the base of operations for little caesars/olympia entertainment), mike illitch had a "pizza" made out of diamonds, emeralds and rubies. it was pretty wild stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Grimey Drawer

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Iíve never met a nice South African

every time i see this phrase i youtube the song and it's stuck in my head for the rest of the day