Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

qirex posted:

everyone who has billions of dollars and keeps working is an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

She sounds pretty grimy alright seeing as she was apparently a hobo for a while

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my favorite part of that article is the little jab at them where it says they got a copy of Huck Finn but neither of them read it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Nfcknblvbl posted:

my tesla app has this to say about fsd

looking forward to watching vids of fanboys t-boning people at intersections

love the car though

Didn't they used to claim "autopilot" was not a misleading name because planes on autopilot don't take off and land you see :smug:

This is definitely worse

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Combat Theory posted:

its been a while since this was uploaded but holy poo poo did i laugh my butt off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYXrpLYNdcM

I think Rich Rebuilds is finally mind broken by :tesla:

Why on earth would you want this vehicle? Someone in the comments said the rear seats have heating but you have to buy the feature via the car's app. It's like buying a free to play video game car

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i always liked the writing a letter to congress one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JPfnJVEr8E

the gardening one is good too

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

im glad the space men did not explode

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Houston we have reached orbit, and it appears i can see your mother from here

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Combat Theory posted:

Battery maker : no we do not confirm nor deny the formation of hydroflouric acid during battery fires

big lmao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

I was looking for a good way to clean scuffed-up aluminum motorcycle parts and I found a reference on a trucker forum to something called "aluma-brite." The truckers said yeah, this stuff is the best, you just spray it on and hose it off and it'll clean up your aluminum trailer like anything. Oh but it's acid-based so you should wear gloves.

I was curious what they meant by acid-based so I looked up the MSDS.

It is a 20% solution of HF with some surfactants, in a bottle designed to plug onto a garden hose sprayer

lmao. I worked in a chemical physics lab for a while and we had a big bottle of hf in the corner of the room in a wooden crate that had been there for about a decade because no one wanted to touch it and there wasn't a better place to store it.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Xarn posted:

gently caress, seriously? How do y'all put up with that poo poo?

it's our freedom :911:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you should have gotten a real job if you wanted to be a fully actualized person :smug:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Elon dresses like poo poo. What kind of billionaire walks around like that

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

If that were the case we might have president Arnold right now

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

It was and still is lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I used a similar scam to steal furniture on habbo hotel when I was 10 years old. Hacking elonsTwitter that is

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

PIZZA.BAT posted:

really trying to talk myself out of ordering the mach e

what do you need it for

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it has a big iPad on the dash

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

Took me a while to realize you didn't mean they have some kind of 10 million dollars NASA fleshlight up there

theres no way they haven't installed a way to gently caress outer space up there. some sort of glory black hole

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

there used to be a huge industry around grinding up mummies and snorting them, rubbing them on your balls, drinking them, etc. You could buy "mummy brown" paint made with ground up mummy up until like ww2 or possibly even later

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

artesian craftsmanship. this cutting board was created by skilled positive groundwater pressure

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

love the car though!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lmao sure we'll do whatever you want, just put money in this here hole

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

sad the pizza guy died on the way to bring me my pizza but at least it was free

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my car's ipad screen broke and now it's undriveable because the emergency flashers are always on and t's constantly spraying washer fluid at me. love the car though

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Nfcknblvbl posted:

air condition can be done by phone, wipers still has a manual control through taps on the left stock, and i guess i'll keep gps up on my phone for now. i'll be riding my energica ego day to day.

lol

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Elon the internet scientist doesn't know how to pronounce microscopy but he'll definitely tell me the truth about how well his brain zapper works

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lmao laws aren't real

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

sometimes i feel the "love the car though" jokes are pretty played out but there's so many real examples

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

yeah it's really baffling because casting aluminum is a solved problem and has been for half a century. "alloy" wheels are all cast aluminum and only the absolute cheapest garbage ones ever fail in use.

you have to design the part correctly, probably oversize it somewhat because casting is inherently weaker than forging etc, but there is no inherent reason that you couldn't make a suitably strong cast control arm.

you cannot simply take a part that was designed for forging and make a sand mold of it and cast it and expect it to withstand the same loads. the part has to be redesigned from scratch for the new material and process.

also, if your process is generating parts full of voids and grit and crud, you need to fix it. those are errors in the process, not inherent parts of it.

ive seen youtube garage hobbyists cast better aluminum parts (less foamy) from melted soda cans

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

One thing I ask from the gasoline, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the gasoline all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the gasoline and to seek him in his temple.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

The only hope for the tunnels is that a train gets put in them one day

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

its ok if the trains are HO scale. rod stewart can hang out down there and entertain 799 guests

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

you'd have the sickest ride in the villages

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Roosevelt posted:

is the great car/love the car thing something people do in sincerity, or has it turned into a meme now?

the first reply on that tweet is

quote:

Too many haters today. Once you have one you will never go back. Yes they are quirky, service is mediocre, and other issues, BUT it is a so drat fun to drive and never waste time at the gas station.

which seems sincere to me

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

heelys + electric unicycle

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

what a bunch of clowns

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

as a kid once a JW opened the gate to my yard and came to our door. our dog was waiting for him in the bushes and ran out and bit his ankle. my dad came outside and called the guy a dumbass for opening the gate to a stranger's yard and took the dog off him. They never came back

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i reported an outright lie of a local election ad on FB once. Over a year later i got a notification saying that they just reviewed the ad and took it down since it was against their terms, 11 months after the election it was for

FB is trash don't use it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it's the cleaning your gun of korea