Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

one week owns

the dude set up a camera, just improvised for 4 minutes, and it turned out to be a #1 song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

one of my coworkers has a tesla that's been in the shop for a month now for a simple fix and i'm the only one who seems to think that's bonkers

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

wwe’s stock once crashed when they did a storyline that vince was selling part of the company to donald trump, investors are dumb as hell

tbf if it was true it's a good reason to dump the stock

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

how long until someone proposes putting their thoughts on the blockchain

i would fully support throttling bazingas to 3-5 thoughts per second with more complex thoughts getting stuck because nobody wants to pay for that useless poo poo

3-5 leaves them with too many unused cycles

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

doing stuff to intentionally incite road rage is stupid no matter what dumb car the other person is driving

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Roosevelt posted:

yeah how dare you drive the posted speed limit

if you are driving the speed limit because you always drive the speed limit then fine, whatever
if you are driving the speed limit just to spite the person behind you then you're an rear end in a top hat

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Roosevelt posted:

if the person behind you is spited by you driving the speed limit, they're the rear end in a top hat

multiple people can be assholes at the same time

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

refleks posted:

yeah we know the US is a shithole country with no common sense...

if safe driving is your primary concern then letting people safely pass you is the common sense thing to do, otherwise it's just increasing the chances that someone is going to do something incredibly stupid and cause an accident

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/hgottipati/status/1556998909599559682

Tesla fandom is a disease

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Ultraklystron posted:

Meanwhile, let's see how it's goin' for Mr. "IRL FSD test":
https://twitter.com/WholeMarsBlog/status/1558306708442648576

Huh, who would've guessed?

The coward deleted his tweet

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

TerminalRaptor posted:

Oh lord, that's absolutely going to be a thing and I hadn't even considered it until I read your dumb post.

In order for it to be a thing Tesla would have to ship the Cybertruck to customers which will never happen, so we are spared that particular tragedy

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Nomnom Cookie posted:

8% of what you colossal idiot

8% delay in running them over, now the car will accelerate slightly faster

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

LanceHunter posted:

The US State Department is one thing, but how much money has Musk already cost the Saudi royal family through loving with their investment in Twitter? Probably not best to stumble into the middle of their cold war.

he's about to pay them $54 for a $41 stock so they're probably laughing at him

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

AnimeIsTrash posted:

💯

His robot stunt didn't work either and his entire fortune is tied to that stock price. Lmfao

how far does Tesla have to drop for him to be able to claim he can't afford Twitter anymore

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

i hope it falls far enough that he can just barely afford twitter so he is forced to buy it and have all of his wealth tied up in it and then it crashes like a tesla into an ambulance

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

That can sometimes work, but musk is the richest rich person

musk is going up against delaware corporate contract law not a person

he is not richer than the value of corporate contracts being enforced in delaware and that's why he'll lose

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

read a take a while back in a discussion about what we would need for mass, like, >50% of the vehicles on road, adoption of EVs

biggest hurdle infrastructure-wise seems to be charger access and charge time. the fact that bazingas can just gently caress around doing nothing for even a half hour at a supercharger is a reminder that they are not aware of and/or do not understand the concept of time poverty when they sing "everybody should drive an EV!"

a dennys waitress single mom aint got loving time for that

and their rebuttal to that was some freemarket randian poo poo "well then the free market will dictate, and they will migrate to jobs that provide EV charging"

lmao

sure, mcdonalds is gonna shell out for chargers for their workers. not to mention your transportation is now tied to your lovely job and we all know how that worked out with healthcare

the dennys waitress is probably not driving 300 miles a day to dennys, shes not stopping to charge on the way to and from work, shes charging at home at night

that still requires chargers to be readily available where she lives, which is a huge hurdle in adoption, but charging time is not the limiting factor for your average commuter

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

The Denny's waitress doesn't own a home. They cannot afford a 2500 a month 'luxury condo' with EV slots in the garage. it is noooooot happening.

yeah no poo poo that's the part of my post you skipped quoting

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1579971705447256064

uh. so he's using the fake tunnel company to sell real $100 bottles of "joke" perfume?

hilarious, elon. so random. it's funny because burnt hair smells bad, and his name is musk. you win the internet

it reminds him of grimes :unsmith:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

mystes posted:

Maybe his new idea is to tweet stuff like this to sabotage the company so it will fail before the deal can close

investors won't give a poo poo, musk is paying them $54.20 for their shares either way even if there's nothing left afterwards

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

just stay until he fires you while doing a bad job so he loses more money

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

the people who read RPO and thought it was great are the same people who think "the metaverse" is good for video games

idiots

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

tweets are gonna start crashing into cop cars :bisonyes:

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life

musk loves losing lawsuits to parag agrawal

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

rotor posted:

i think owning twitter is a disaster for Musk personally but he'll continue to be a billionaire until he dies, idk if that counts as wriggling out of it or not

he'll stay a billionaire but if we work hard we can make sure he's miserable for the rest of his life anyway

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

dioxazine posted:

i wish they'd make up their mind

but this is way funnier

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

VSOKUL girl posted:

i would like to pull a social graph--not just my own followers/follows, but the network of who they follow/are followed by ~2 levels deep--since twitter probably holds the most disparate set of communities im part of, and it'd be neat to save a network graph of that before it dies

follows/followers 2 levels deep is going to be very nearly every twitter account that exists

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Shifty Pony posted:

isn't that pretty drat low considering there won't be any stock grants?

according to levels.fyi staff was $550k and senior staff was $680k before musk took over

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

twitter's performance has been garbage since around the time elon fired everybody

it's not had a huge outage yet but it hasn't been running smoothly either

it's only a matter of time before those problems cascade into a complete outage

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

kliras posted:

crazy how long it's taken legislation and enforcement to catch up, but things are at least happening at some pace

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1606137787211808769

Weird how a post with 300k followers that is critical of Tesla only had 4000 views in 2 days

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Main Paineframe posted:

write a script that detects any change from his preferred avatar and automatically buys it back

xtal did this lmao

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

TerminalRaptor posted:

Beginning to think this Lowtax guy might not be a reputable character.

say what you will about lowtax but he's been on his best behavior for the last year or so, musk could learn a thing or two

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

akadajet posted:

Congrats, everybody! You did it!!

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1595682322707267584?s=20

Full Self Cutting off and Immediately Break-Checking in the Fast Lane.

For sale: baby stroller, used once

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

relying on this is insane imo. I'm not saying that my dad's "side mirrors are only for parking" is correct but I would never rely on them for checking a blind spot.

it was taught during a defensive driving course i had to take to get my cdl, it's a real thing

i still look because i'm paranoid, but i've never caught anything that wasn't visible in the mirrors

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

losing third party client access is really.... like that's the thing that makes me stop using twitter, i think.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

kitten smoothie posted:

it's gone, there is only one option and it is the bad feed

unless this changed in the last couple hours this isn't true, the "following" feed is what used to be the "latest" feed

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

these aren't even the latest numbers from the guy who makes these charts, as of Dec 31 there was no backlog at all in the US or Canada and the total backlog was down to 74k, it is dropping like a rock

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

The Management posted:

what I don’t get is why for all this bragging, teslas are predictably some of the slowest drivers out there. I literally never see them go fast

i'm glad you've never seen one approach a child

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

since tweetbot is dead I replaced twitter with nitter rss feeds, it's not great but better than the default app

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Beeftweeter posted:

what does tweetbot even do? i see a lot of people lamenting its demise and i get that, i wouldn't want to use an official client either if i had a choice or actually used twitter. but i still have no idea what differentiates them beyond possibly not having ads

it was a chronological timeline without any ads