Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Still a huge fan of solar thermal collectors. Yes, let's make a sauron tower surrounded by a mile of mirrors to melt sodium to run our television sets with. this is actually badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah for sure. for some odd reason sodium just doesnt want to go through garden hoses

its still just metal as gently caress though. plus if you build build underground tanks with insulation to hold molten sodium overnight you solve the sunset problem

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
one of the worst things is that we could cover like 8% of arizona shithole desert with solar plants and feed the entire continent, today, with hvdc, but we have a 1970s rear end ac grid and its tooo haaaaard and all these engineers just go die in a hole about it. like gently caress you

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the only stopping him from "i saw a person buy a steak with EBT!" story is that nobody would believe he's ever set foot in a grocery store

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
elon musk 2023 tweets: "and they were named lemonjello and orangejello!"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
elon musk 2024 tweets: "nnnnnnnnnnn"

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://twitter.com/MsHannahMurphy/status/1527417312537563136

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

FMguru posted:

why thats not creepy at all!

i tweeted about that aspect but yeah the 'go get your massage certification for higher job placement, no we didnt list it as one of the job qualifications but you really want this job dont you right, oh and one more thing, make sure you pay for it yourself, in small, unmarked bills' thing is absolutely a legal cover thing for spacex, or shall we say, spacesex

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the only reason i want musk in court for something is that you know he'd represent himself lmao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
epstein had the egg dick thing too if i know my trueanon episodes

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
no hodls disbarred

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
jfc popehat lmao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

i know its shallow but i will never not laugh at her biggie smalls dress fit here

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
musk is already melty enough you could probably just hit him with one of those red wine vinegar spritz bottles and he'd disintegrate like a toon thrown into judge doom's dip barrel

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

akadajet posted:

lmao reading the replies there's an emergency mechanical door handle. who the gently caress is going to remember that when everything around them is burning up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu-tJc-BgaI

lol and it could break your glass if you use it normally

lol i had this video in my clipboard yeah. we've been able to do frameless doors for 50 years, but with a tesla, the weatherstripping is so hosed up and stupidly designed and trashy that you will prob flex/smash the window when you open

the model S has the rear door release directly above the (likely burning at 1800f) battery tray, but it's no big deal, all good. i'm sure your 7 year old will be able to dodge the flames of the lithium fire engulfing their legs to find this tab and just pop right out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3ku-HFE_8o

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
my main ride is a ford expedition that was built when gwb was president and though i'm not giving him credit for signing off on it, i would rather drive that and pay an extra 50 cents a mile versus some 2018 screen-festooned cuv that will just randomly drive through a farmers market and tweet your home address to the state dmv when it does so

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

mods plz

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
thats why the SLS has explosive bolts on the gullwing doors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_KtDjN75xw

they are a huge engineering sacrifice for the sake of a vibe, and you have to do the legwork to make sure you get them back on par with a regular door, safety-wise

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
The gasoline car fire is rare and not as nearly as dramatic as people think. 99% of the time its a fuel line up front, and yes, there'll be a fire, but its not going to explode the whole loving car and make it shoot 30 feet up in the air like in Lethal Weapon or whatever. Gasoline needs a pretty narrow range of aerosolization to do that, either it's just gonna liquid burn or politely fwoomp out 90% of the time.

I would take a fire from a gas vehicle next to me before a tesla fire. with the gas vehicle, the fire department will at least yeet foam on it try to stop it. with a tesla they will literally stand back 100 feet and not even try to extinguish it, because you just can't if you dont have 172,000 lbs of sand to dump on it.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hacker mode ENGAGE

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

BattleMaster posted:

does tesla just call them the latter because they think it's cooler?

its this lol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you know what would acktually cause me to have significant interest in a new car?

no screens but it has a sweet rear end cyberpunk hud on the windshield.

bring it back.

i want green/red wireframe nav and poo poo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the worst parking job i ever did ever was when i tried to rely on the backup camera in that kia i rented

gently caress them. i hate them.

just like with the '95 explorers, like 10 idiot suburbanites have ruined it all for the rest of us

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh yeah my bestie rented an f250 longbed coal roller for our trip down in santa fe and it was loving. impossible. to park normally without the camera

we laughed and took a pic of me completely crawled inside the wheel well, with the tire still on, then we said "gently caress this monstrosity" and turned it in and we drove home in my expedition, which felt like a compact hatchback after that thing

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
and like look the first thing i bought for the RV was a backup camera with IR illuminators. but i think they're trash on cars. I am, however, as we all know, old and cantankerous.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lmfao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
> Elon Musk first tweeted about a “roller skates & rock restaurant”
absolute boomer trad poo poo lmfao

the only good drive through of the past 20 years was the portland drive through strip club when the pandemic first hit

bad bitches, right here

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Tiny Timbs posted:

isn't the point of superchargers that you don't have to sit at them for more than 20-30 minutes?

no the point of them is that you get to sit there for 2 hours tweeting incessantly about how you're at a Supercharger

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

gschmidl posted:

Lots of gallons of water to intermediately put out 200 simultaneously combusting Teslae.

lol we're talking lithium fires my dude, put water on those and they just burn hotter. the only thing you can do is bury it in sand

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Nfcknblvbl posted:

i wouldn't want to be in the position where i need to buy a car today, that's for sure. now, it's about us all pitching in and crowdsourcing some book cooking for our lord and saviour, elon "ol musky" musk.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
doesnt matter, EVs are stupid with our current shitheap electrical grid. we cannot scale into a significant percentage of vehicles on the road being electric because we dont build infrastructure any more. congrats on your coal powered truck preorder though

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I’ve brought this up several times in this thread before, my EVs are powered by nukes at 2 cents per kWh

your state is 75% natgas or coal and the nuke power you are burning could be diverted to cut that fuel use down. do not loving try the bitcoin argument on me

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Hey Ricky The Coal Shoveler - hold off! Tesla guy's charging off nuclear today. It's covered, my man. Take a smoke break

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
tesla brain is so fascinating to observe from afar

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ok i'm calling it. tired of this bit

stop the gimmick

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Platystemon posted:

hottest take on shootings since advocating shooting an “unarmed guy with a knife” in the leg

remember when joe biden, on record, said that he told his wife that the best home defense strat was to go out on the porch and "fire two blasts" with a double barreled shotgun to 'scare them', which not only would be ineffective, and not only illegal in a lot of areas, but also signals to them that your gun is now empty and you now need to reload. Literally the loving dumbest and worst strategy possible and he managed to cut that diamond of a take

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Beeftweeter posted:

ah i meant why the hell would it be implemented that way

i'm also not sure why something critical to the car's operation (at least from nthsa's pov) wouldn't be using iommu even if its embedded as all hell

and either way we know it's really not, so wtf. lol

dashcam's not a safety thing. its so they can make dragrace tiktoks

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah he has big just got high for the first time energy. I bet it's fun. every time he eats a 10mg edible he astral projects himself into the year 2525. even my tolerance is too high for that

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ending out may strong

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1531632887866576904

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Beeftweeter posted:

how are you not at all worried about that thing jfc

He gazed up at the enormous fire. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of engineering was hidden beneath the body panels. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved the car.