Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol Elon got a hair panel gap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Jonny 290 posted:

I'm gonna write it off
The NTSB couldn't hold me back
They're gonna rip me off
Taking their breaks right behind my back
And I'm talking to myself at night
Because I can't forget
Back and forth through my mind
Behind an ambien

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Captain Foo posted:

shut the gently caress up and get out of yospos forever

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

:elongate:

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

[video type="youtu"]Iy1XHQQ-qiQ[/video]

already the perfect song for teslas

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yr_etbfZtQ

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

disco-sales-chart.png

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Sagebrush posted:

who was the yosposter a couple years ago who was complaining about their company cargo-culting "agile" and now their weekly hour-long all-hands meetings were done standing up

all of us?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

infernal machines posted:

i don't think ironic antisemitism is really the direction you want to go here

yeah

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1033506727352782849?s=21

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

President Beep posted:

this whole OTA braking distance fix sounds really odd to me. like, right from the get go, wouldn't tesla just say "okay, we know that X is a good braking distance for a car like this, so we'll just make it that". why is it remotely adjustable in the first place?

idk but it had a worse braking distance than an f150 in the tests lol

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

theflyingorc posted:

Why is autopilot legal

air bud law

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

is futurism another click hole or is this a real thing

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

KoRMaK posted:

Jesus Christ Im going to have to think through that for a couple minutes. Some nonsense speculative stuff.

So, the lender is like in on it too? Wtf is the point of me buying/selling - why doesn't the lender just buy it directly

E: wait! It's imaginary, so like why does Tesla even care. It's not like they are ever buying real Tesla shares

because the entire market is imaginary so all kinds of imaginary bullshit affect it.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

just remember the bazingas can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

lol this guy has a bunch of tweets saying climate change isn’t real and “the left!”

some funny tesla poo poo but Y I K E S

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

ryde posted:

Remember the parade of CFOs that rotated through Tesla? We assumed that it was because their financials were dogshit, but in light of the solar city lawsuit, I wonder if its because Elon was trying to get them to lie about that acquisition.

why not both

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

20· · · · Q.· ·You wish you hadn't said that, don't you?

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Nfcknblvbl posted:

it’s just like any other car company’s assistance features, you’re always the driver, and never depend on the features

other cars use things like radar to determine distance and "the existence of a solid object ahead of them", not lovely webcams and garbage code.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Luigi Thirty posted:

oi graaaahms they let de blicks into de prison

this always becomes cartman voice in my head, which makes it even better

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

jesus WEP posted:

the tesla semi is what impregnated grimes

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

8 billion user minutes and 7 billion of them are bots

like if you were an advertiser wouldn't you just go on twitter and have a look at what's going on? And go 'hmmm this is bad' rather than taking the word of that clown

the past 20 years of business has been just screaming "METRICS" so nobody is allowed to use common sense anymore, you must have NUMBERS to show why what you're doing is objectively the correct choice, that these METRICS show you're gonna make 20% growth YOY or it's not worth pursuing

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Jonny 290 posted:

it just, idk, to me it feels SO white-man's-burden ish. like are there any cases where steadfast adherence to prime directive made the galaxy better in any way?

to be fair, "we did nothing and everything turned out well" doesn't make for very compelling television

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

shackleford posted:

aren't depositions usually time limited as well? does the sniping between opposing lawyers count against the time limit?

there is not supposed to BE sniping between lawyers like that, the deposition goes into it for texas but he's allowed certain categories of objections, the client still answers (or doesn't if advised not to i guess? i assume at least the 5th amendment still applies so they can't be forced to answer certain things?) and then they figure it out in a hearing with the judge, basically saying "I object to this, gonna try to get it thrown out, but answer so we're not wasting everyone's time"

plaintiff's attorney pointed out in that deposition that if they're just stalling he'll go and get more time from the judge

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

also musk's lawyer hosed up repeatedly in there, wasn't licensed to practice in that state and didn't bring someone who was, and topped it off by jumping the gun and asking that it be sealed while still on the record, so it got all typed us for us to see him go "we need this to be private" "why? there's no order for that" "yeah that's why i'm asking" and the plaintiff's lawyer got to go on record with "there's literally no reason for this to be secret, there's no legal basis, you're just asking? lol gl"

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Eeyo posted:

why would you want an llm to compose a tweet for you? isn't the whole point that you're shouting your voice into the void?

because most people on twitter aren't people they're temporarily embarrassed brands

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

i just had a nightmare vision of all the cybertrucks in the nation waking up and attempting to self drive themselves back to the tesla factory in texas

there were no survivors

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Pinterest Mom posted:

so yeah, elon might want to stock to stay over a certain amount if this is the arrangement he has (which we don't know), but the second step in the conspiracy theory here, "therefore elon is the one desperately shoveling the money that he borrowed back into buying the stock (instead of repaying the loan?)" doesn't make any kind of sense (and also isn't true)

he might not be the only one with a loan at that number
he might not be shoveling his own money if he has some network of other rich idiot friends he can get high with and convince to do the poo poo
it might not be possible to pay back the loan in full if it's some huge chunk of billions of dollars for twitter or whatever
he might have enough stock outside of the loan that it still benefits him more to attempt to keep it above 150 for reasons

there's probably more. the financial system is intentionally a loving tangle of made up bullshit and indirection, and when you get rich enough...

also, he's a loving idiot, spends large swaths of time on various drugs, believes current llms are as smart as humans, thinks he can just hold another vote to get his pay package, and showed up to court in texas with an attorney not licensed or admitted in texas, DESPITE HAVING A TEXAS LAW FIRM RETAINED FOR THE CASE, if you wanna apply common sense you might be disappointed

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Beeftweeter posted:

for fucks sake one of the main selling points to these people is that it poorly drives itself while full well knowing it may in fact kill them, and that's still better than driving to them

either i get where i'm going or it doesn't matter if i get where i'm going, sounds like a win/win imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

look either get me to my destination or behead me while i'm watching a movie by going under a truck at 80mph

in both outcomes i'm not stuck in stop and go traffic to sit in an office to do a job i could do just as well from home, is all i'm sayin