Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

oi graaaahms they let de blicks into de prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

well why not posted:

apparently Elon is whippin one around LA. I don' t hate the design (personal preference) but just lol @ tesla in general. imagine the CEO of ford pushing a prototpye to Nobu. How is this legal?

ever drive around detroit? you'll see prototype cars driving around with nylon wraps covering everything up sometimes. i imagine they have to get approved by the feds but lol elon deffo didn't do that

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

the baby comes out with misaligned body panels

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Irwin R. Shyster feuded with the Undertaker in the early 90s and cut a promo in a graveyard it was great

WHETHER YOU’RE LIVING OR DEAD

EVERYONE’S GOTTA PAY IRS

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

It’s not like anyone else has been mass producing cars for over a century ok

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Renaissance Robot posted:

just don't drive in snow idiot

it’s a seat for CHILDREN

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/19thnews/status/1367132081990610945?s=20

spacex is gonna blow up a billionaire :)

They’re also gonna blow up a st jude PA who got the seat donated to her :(

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

idk if picking up the pieces is a good simile here considering they’re gonna be spread across half the Pacific

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

I call those kinds of headlines "baseball statistics"

"Well, Chuck, this is really something, it's the first time we've seen a starting pitcher under 30 years old in the American League get five strikeouts in a row in an away game against a team he lost to last time they faced off, this is historic stuff here"

the boys in the truck are running out of ANDs for their retrosheet SQL query

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

the flight surgeon in the columbia explosion was survived by her husband, who was also a nasa doctor and participated in its investigation

dude ended up searching texarkana for pieces of his wife

the report says “off-nominal dynamic G environment”

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

he gets his bitcoins from New York City

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol yeah they couldn't steer their boat iirc

uh it’s a RIVER why would you need to steer

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

what if they just built an endless chain of tracked cars in a loop between the endpoints. what if they just built spaceship earth

in fact why are there tires at all??? Why is this system not tracked lmao

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

they could have paid Disney to build a Tomorrowland people mover in that tunnel, which is fully electric with no moving parts

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

mediaphage posted:

well ideally it has some moving parts otherwise people wouldn't go anywhere

gah I’m owned

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it would've definitely been cheaper to do flyover ped bridges with moving walkways or go-karts or whatever

tunnels are expensive as hell, even the muskman's halfassed garbage

never forget that he only "got into" subterranean construction because he "couldn't figure out" the ramps for double decker highways

every airport has goddamn trains that go in a loop (or a shuttle) between points about that distance. disney even built a linear-induction system based on the tomorrowland goddamn peoplemover for shuttling people between terminals at the big airport in houston. this is not a hard problem and it does not require individual passenger cars being driven by hand through a tunnel.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

that's kinda the whole thing. car was totally dead, i had a 12v lithium battery from a model airplane, it wasn't powerful enough to spin the starter but it did run the fuel pump and turn on the ECU so i was able to push-start it.

also lol staying the night at harris ranch. it's a giant feedlot that stinks like manure. and not healthy cows in pastures manure, rotting feedlot death manure.

there is a tiny airstrip beside it that i've flown into and you can smell the place from ten miles and six thousand feet

electroboom on YouTube did this with a bunch of D cell batteries in series didn’t he

And then a big block of capacitors glued together which started the car and promptly burned up

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

FrozenVent posted:

loving take the bus

i commuted half an hour by bus and the nap was great

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

infernal machines posted:

the entire company, from top to bottom, is one giant red flag waving majestically in the breeze.

some day something will happen that will sink them and there will be months of articles in the business press vacillating between "no one could have known" and "insider account of the tragic circus fire that raged for more than a decade"

I’m reading that Enron book atm and a repeated point was that the red flags were visible from orbit for a decade but nobody with the ability to derail the gravy train wanted to do it because they all made astronomical amounts of money off it

Weird how that works

FMguru posted:

you probably failed to pick up the junk mail too

feed the bag of treats to the llama!!!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

refleks posted:

it is always the same... it's completely clear, but it takes something that on the surface seems inconsequential but just open the floodgates.

consider the opening of enron was just Bethany McClean literally just asking "how does enron actually make money?"

financial crises also helps to showcase who have been in the sea naked and everyone now sees their small dillz....

lol I got to an accountant asking how they make money and them realizing they’re $500 million in the hole on trading

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Folks it turns out the man with zero charisma was terrible at comedy

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Bulgakov posted:

here's the following reasons why you aren't enough of a genius to understand 400 iq humor

1/82

Yes, I do have an Elon Musk tattoo.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

mystes posted:

That was 15 years ago and even then it was like the only funny thing SNL had done in like 10 years.

you wagered

“Suck it Trebek”

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Nfcknblvbl posted:

ford's f-150 lightning big reveal event's in about 30 minutes from now. count another maker beating tesla to their own electric pickup game

Elon Musk @elonmusk
electric banana… all the rage

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

who the gently caress buys a new car every 3 years this isn’t 1973 your nova isn’t going to throw an axle when the odometer hits 20,000

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Midjack posted:

a lot of colleges will let senior citizens audit lectures for free. they don't often let you do labs gratis though you might be able to work out a deal there too.

my C++ class in college had a non-degree student that was a 60 year old engineer that drove a delorean. he ruled.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

mrmcd posted:

I have an ex who grew up in Detroit and family worked for Ford, and she said there was a real beef in the family over some cousin or something who went to work for GM. I always thought it was a joke.

the Ford museum has reserved parking for Fords lol

my dad grew up north of Detroit and driving a Toyota was a good way to get your rear end kicked

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

another tesla blew up, this one brand new

https://electrek.co/2021/06/30/tesla-model-s-plaid-caught-fire-strange-circumstances/

“Gladwyne Firefighters responding to the 100 block of Rose Lane last night just before 9pm to assist Station 25 (Merion Fire Company of Ardmore) with a vehicle fire. While enroute to the call Chief 25 was advised that the reports were that a Tesla was on fire and it was well involved in fire. Engine 24 with a crew of 7 arrived on scene simultaneously with Engine 25. Due to prior training classes on Tesla Vehicle Fire emergencies, Engine 24 laid a 5 inch supply line into the scene so that we could keep a continual water stream on the fire to extinguish the fire and cool the batteries down to ensure complete extinguishment. Engine 24 and Engine 25 both deployed hand lines to extinguish the fire, each maintained a dedicated water source and continued to cool the vehicle down for almost 90 minutes.”

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

According to an EMT the car was self driving empty and burst into flames and continued driving

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

@elonmusk 10m
I’m so fresh you can suck my musk

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I ride a train to downtown which is 15 feet above the traffic jams, op.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

knox_harrington posted:

The resolution and what it can see is tbh better than I expected, though still way too low. it is definitely not high res enough to detect kerbs or really anything much smaller than a car or tree. would it see a kid in the road?

bing bong

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

BoER Automata - bing bong hits 4 Jesus

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Carthag Tuek posted:

iv used to pass off euro 10 cents as danish 10 dkks a lot, even tho the latter is both thicker and wider, and tbh also girthier

iirc you could use pre-decimal pennies in slots for the last round of Irish pound coins before they switched to the Euro

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

bing bong fire detected

*entire roof folds up like a suitcase and flies away on a spacex rocket* not our problem

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

he’s rich so “legal and cool”

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Okay but replace Musk with Werner Herzog in those and it becomes high comedy

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

yes but have you considered dogecoin

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

love the car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

good point. just take all these 2x4s out of the walls. what a loving waste of money

drywall????