Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

OMGVBFLOL posted:

knowing how many producers and songwriters are happy to work for cash payments and no copyright claim, it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't write some sizable portion of her music

Let's not go down the, "LOL girls can't write music, their producers do all the work!" road, please.

She's an idiot, but that doesn't mean she's not creative.

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

God that is so satisfying. I was getting tired of everyone on my FB trying to get other people to buy dogecoin as a good investment in earnest.

Now I get to do the same thing, but ironically

Gods_Butthole
Aug 9, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Let's not go down the, "LOL girls can't write music, their producers do all the work!" road, please.

If I've learned anything from Kanye West, it's that coherent thoughts just get in the way of the creative process.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Wow, look at how fast his brain works. Can you imagine all of the CPU cycles are happening while he wriggles uncomfortably like he's a bloated worm

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I think its more hating on being born rich than being specifically a lady singer, but otherwise I still agree with you.

I do wish more people valued songwriters over performers though.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1365045749407494146?s=20

That strange guy
Dec 14, 2014

It's not strange if we never mention it again.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

It's how most pop music is created, there's no need to make this into some weird gender thing. And "girls can't write music" isn't even a stereotype anyone has.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Fame Douglas posted:

It's how most pop music is created, there's no need to make this into some weird gender thing. And "girls can't write music" isn't even a stereotype anyone has.

yea carole king was probably a guy, her name is even king

connect the bread crumbs

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Fame Douglas posted:

I mean it’s still weird to bring up. though this is more goons desperate for a new own instead ifvusing the many available ones

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Cactus Ghost has issued a correction as of 01:54 on Feb 26, 2021

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

it also would not surprise me one bit to learn that ed sheerhan and lenny kravitz hadn't written some of their material, if that helps me steer around some ugly well-worn sexist talking points.

within the city limits of los angeles you are never more than 800 yards from someone who will bang out a verse, beat, or entire song for three grand in cash.

Cactus Ghost has issued a correction as of 01:25 on Feb 26, 2021

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
it's pretty noncontroversial that pop stars often do not write their own music. that's been the standard model for the music industry since the 50's.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

"women dont write anything" is indeed some common poo poo you hear from the sort of coneheads who say things like "female comedians just aren't as funny"

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

"women dont write anything" is indeed some common poo poo you hear from the sort of coneheads who say things like "female comedians just aren't as funny"

Absolutely not, no.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Fame Douglas posted:

Absolutely not, no.

ok well should i talk to my doctor about all the voices ive heard say it that are apparently figments of my imagination

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

OMGVBFLOL posted:

ok well should i talk to my doctor about all the voices ive heard say it that are apparently figments of my imagination

"Women don't write anything" isn't some kind of common stereotype at all, where would you get that from, lmao. "female comedians aren't as funny", on the other hand, is. But that directly contradicts "women don't write anything"

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
a lot of musicians don’t write I don’t see why anyone cares

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/Debuking5/status/1364865482994630658

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
There's a ton of musk fanboys with throwaway no-profile-pic accounts attempting to defend his honor in that thread :v:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Fame Douglas posted:

But that directly contradicts "women don't write anything"

ah you got me there, everyone knows sexists are always very internally consistent. im off to the doc

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Fame Douglas posted:

"Women don't write anything" isn't some kind of common stereotype at all, where would you get that from, lmao. "female comedians aren't as funny", on the other hand, is. But that directly contradicts "women don't write anything"

Then why does everyone assume the male half of my band writes everything, and I'm just there to sing?

This derail is stupid, but I don't know where you're coming from with this at all.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

This derail is stupid, but I don't know where you're coming from with this at all.

We weren't talking about your band, but what seems to be a solo pop act. Your band isn't relevant to the conversation at all, but thanks for bringing it up.

OMGVBFLOL posted:

ah you got me there, everyone knows sexists are always very internally consistent. im off to the doc

Pop music is very often written by someone other than the artist, which is why what you said wasn't offensive. Women not being writers also isn't some kind of common stereotype, quite the opposite, actually.

Fame Douglas has issued a correction as of 03:31 on Feb 26, 2021

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
shut the gently caress up lmao

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

i heard musk doesnt even write his own code

he didn’t even found the company

he made someone else headbutt the car

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

oxsnard posted:

shut the gently caress up lmao

This is a bad look for you.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I'm speaking rhetorically of course

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Fame Douglas posted:

This is a bad look for you.

not going to lie you deciding to die in this hill is a bad look for you. Who loving cares

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestheHammer posted:

not going to lie you deciding to die in this hill is a bad look for you. Who loving cares

Kind of a weird response to a joke post, but okay.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

At this point I think AP is trying to save other people's lives by doing its level best to kill the owner who can't drive for poo poo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

At this point I think AP is trying to save other people's lives by doing its level best to kill the owner who can't drive for poo poo

Are we sure that the owner was even driving, considering it is a Tesla owner, and AP was engaged?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
i mean, legally speaking, they're driving regardless

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

love to post video of poo poo I'd get pulled over and cited for

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

Are we sure that the owner was even driving, considering it is a Tesla owner, and AP was engaged?

considering she thinks the Tesla did the right thing, she's a poo poo driver, and eventually AP will succeed.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Fame Douglas posted:

There's a whole goddamn book about this.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Jesus Christ shut the gently caress up about Grimes and whether or not she did or didn't write her music and just keep posting elon and his lovely companies doing lovely things so i can feel better about myself.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Fame Douglas posted:

Kind of a weird response to a joke post, but okay.

Ur jokes suck big time like elon

Harry Potter on Ice has issued a correction as of 15:32 on Feb 26, 2021

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Slotducks posted:

Jesus Christ shut the gently caress up about Grimes and whether or not she did or didn't write her music and just keep posting elon and his lovely companies doing lovely things so i can feel better about myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

don't worry about elon being a dick, grimes already investigated years ago