Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

commando in tophat posted:

It's amazing to me how bad naming of everything from Musk is like from some really bad sci-fi. Megachargers? Gigafactory? Did he run out of references to use as names?

there are only two difficult problems in muskian engineering:

1. naming things
2. convincing paypal to migrate to windows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i would consider making some joke about tesla cooling systems but as someone who's owned beat up dirtbag bmws for over a decade.....

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Jonny 290 posted:

the double wall reservoir teslas store coolant in is named "Mr. Super Bottle"

It's all dumb monkey cheese poo poo because that's Tesla's main customer. I can totally see my brother finding that absolutely hilarious.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

it’s kind of amazing finding how large the vent diagram overlap is between “huge idiots” and “enough disposable income to buy Tesla junk”

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

Every musk stan is a bot. "But tokin" you blubber, "I've had people talk at me about him in real life"

That's the teslabot prototypes infiltrating society

Wasn't there that one poster who was mentally infiltrated by Musk and Grimes' daughter, who was an AI bot

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Ytlaya posted:

Wasn't there that one poster who was mentally infiltrated by Musk and Grimes' daughter, who was an AI bot

lmao that was me, but I won't lie, I was in full retard for that episode. probe me for the r-word here but that will remain the expressed statement for posterity.

Waffle House has issued a correction as of 22:23 on Jan 25, 2022

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

can I ask what the thought process was on that one?

Okan170
Nov 14, 2007

Torpedoes away!

Plank Walker posted:

there are only two difficult problems in muskian engineering:

1. naming things
2. convincing paypal to migrate to windows

The tower catch arm for Starship is named "Mechazilla"

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1484012192915677184?s=21

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

what if we just had a bunch of elon fans stretch out a big parachute to catch the rockets

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

poisonpill posted:

can I ask what the thought process was on that one?

That was actually a complete and total mental breakdown. I got insanely cocksure of my own understanding of life and it spiralled out of control into the most ballistic bullshit ever, and finally manifested fully in that exact post.

I've gotten help and have drastically recoursed my life in just the span of a few weeks because it scared me shitless, and I still get the weirdest case of personal heebie jeebies reading the post when quoted. Like, it's a funny post looking back, but I will obviously forever cringe at it.

I also experienced my first seizure a little while later. I did not realize how poorly my self-care had gotten because I'm the kind of guy who keeps his apartment clean, pays his bills on time, and lives a "wholesome" life, and the only excuse I can offer is that I'd isolated so hard after COVID that even my family barely heard from me, despite living up the road. I was a wreck. It didn't leak much into my social life, fortunately, other than the first few days after my initial realization and hard U-Turn where I felt like I had to embarassedly rationalize it into conversations with people I hadn't spoken to in a long time, but I never lost my old self, so I was still able to straddle back to it.

I think I got lucky posting that when I did; if I'd suffered it in silence for years more I'm afraid I would have actually lost rational concept of myself.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Fellatio del Toro posted:

what if we just had a bunch of elon fans stretch out a big parachute to catch the rockets

playing with a big parachute is super fun, and from what i can tell from elon fans they're totally joyless so that would be a waste

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Waffle House posted:

That was actually a complete and total mental breakdown. I got insanely cocksure of my own understanding of life and it spiralled out of control into the most ballistic bullshit ever, and finally manifested fully in that exact post.

I've gotten help and have drastically recoursed my life in just the span of a few weeks because it scared me shitless, and I still get the weirdest case of personal heebie jeebies reading the post when quoted. Like, it's a funny post looking back, but I will obviously forever cringe at it.

I also experienced my first seizure a little while later. I did not realize how poorly my self-care had gotten because I'm the kind of guy who keeps his apartment clean, pays his bills on time, and lives a "wholesome" life, and the only excuse I can offer is that I'd isolated so hard after COVID that even my family barely heard from me, despite living up the road. I was a wreck. It didn't leak much into my social life, fortunately, other than the first few days after my initial realization and hard U-Turn where I felt like I had to embarassedly rationalize it into conversations with people I hadn't spoken to in a long time, but I never lost my old self, so I was still able to straddle back to it.

I think I got lucky posting that when I did; if I'd suffered it in silence for years more I'm afraid I would have actually lost rational concept of myself.

I don't know you at all, but I'm really glad that you've gotten help and you're doing well. It has really put me in a good mood.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Imagine being excited about the future because you trust Musk.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm glad you're doing better and with us Waffle House.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Doesn't matter, Dahir Insaat are still the undisputed champs of terrifying nightmare beds.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Cat Puke posted:

I don't know you at all, but I'm really glad that you've gotten help and you're doing well. It has really put me in a good mood.

Dude tbh I'm glad.

I spoke about it in one of the following posts, but I think we don't give ourselves credit how injured as a society we've become; not merely as a result of the economy in the shitter protractedly so over at least one, maybe two generations, but because the planet has been on multiple steady downward declines for quite some time, and it just *hurts* these days. That same subconscious injury has no business weighing on our collective souls. I have a very strong opinion that the above contributed to my episode, and even with all other factors weighing on me to cause the situation, it made me realize that it was just time to get the gently caress back up.

shyduck posted:

I'm glad you're doing better and with us Waffle House.

Thanks, it sucked rear end and I don't care to repeat it.

Waffle House has issued a correction as of 00:39 on Jan 26, 2022

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

elon never accepted the invitation because he's a loving bitch coward incapable of actually doing good with his billions

It was just an attempt at calling into question the usefulness of a social program that literally feeds the poorest people on earth.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Waffle House posted:

Hey I am genuinely also glad you got help and got better, good for you

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

thank you. loved the car.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Did the thread discuss the new CYBERTRUCK video already?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHT040_Pt3w

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

Fame Douglas posted:

Did the thread discuss the new CYBERTRUCK video already?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHT040_Pt3w

"Cybertruck Owners Club"

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Eulogistics posted:

"Cybertruck Owners Club"

Check out this guy who owns a Cybertruck:

https://twitter.com/business/status/1197949879537897472

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we have sealed ourselves away behind our money, growing inward, generating a seamless universe of self.
he's not just the president, he's a member too

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.

Eulogistics posted:

"Cybertruck Owners Club"

Cybertruck Underwriter's Club Kids

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

The Boerger King Kid’s Klub

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

commando in tophat posted:

It's amazing to me how bad naming of everything from Musk is like from some really bad sci-fi. Megachargers? Gigafactory? Did he run out of references to use as names?

He calls himself the Technoking of Tesla instead of CEO, and that's his title in SEC documents.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Replacing hardware safety systems with software is a good idea. Do not Google Therac 25

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Isentropy posted:

Replacing hardware safety systems with software is a good idea. Do not Google Therac 25

:stare:

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

The ultimate example we use in nuclear software QA. It's why I hate Musk

Systems that affect human life need full quality control

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

I won't say where and what I do but I have a very good reason to hate Musk. Let's just say I know Pickering and Bruce

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

But like Ford and GM and Toyota realize Requirements Design development testing

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Isentropy posted:

I won't say where and what I do but I have a very good reason to hate Musk. Let's just say I know Pickering and Bruce

Dunno who those are but I hate them. Gl

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

One guess which dipshit launched this.

https://twitter.com/tony873004/status/1484414918715592704

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bold loving entrepreneurial moves out here: space junk, panel gap, and being a walking hallmark of Twitter brain damage and adjunct figureheading.

A stellar legacy.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Waffle House posted:

Bald loving entrepreneur

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Isentropy posted:

The ultimate example we use in nuclear software QA. It's why I hate Musk

Systems that affect human life need full quality control

"safety third" musk calls himself an engineer after spending eight years getting a physics bachelor's

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

Isentropy posted:

By phoning in software, they turned a medical device into a war-crime capable super weapon.

What the gently caress

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

tokin opposition posted:

Dunno who those are but I hate them. Gl

We did more for clean energy than Musk will. More clean energy than TVA.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Animal Friend posted:

By phoning in software, they turned a medical device into a war-crime capable super weapon.

What the gently caress

Yeah that's one of the in worst examples. People got bombarded with massive beta radiation cause no one really tested anything

The self driving car tech Tesla deploys makes me feel the same way. No one really tested this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
if he could get away with even less he would and probably does

didn't they stop tracking parts and get whistleblown about it